The Divine Comedy is the greatest work of literature to ever exist. Prove me wrong

The Divine Comedy is the greatest work of literature to ever exist. Prove me wrong.

No. Here is the objectively true order:

The Illiad
The Odyssey
All Shakespeare
Faust
Turtles All The Way Down
Divine Comedy

Ovid wrote to most profound work to ever grace the earth, and you guys are blind to it.

>self insert fanfic
>good
But seriously though, its pretty good, but greatest work of all time is a bit hard to quantify.

Whats going on in this thread?

I wish anglos would stop overselling Shakespeare so much

No one asked your opinion Pablo

Fuck, I forgot Metamorphoses. I guess he should go right beneath Turtles.

>muh Beatrice

You cannot prove that which is subjective. I can, however, offer my own humble opinion for you to ponder. A purely subjective argument will never reach its conclusion, and so my recommendation of The Iliad as a superior literary work signals my termination of this dialogue. I wish you well, young sir.

I am greek

Yeah whatever its all Iberia

>american education

PAY

>The Iliad as a superior literary work

I respectfully disagree. After reading both the Iliad and the Odyssey, I concluded that both are amazing (especially considering the fact that they were composed millennia ago). However, as literary works they're pretty horrible and mundane to read. These epics were never really intended to be written down, and this significantly reduced its quality (e.g. the constant repetition of titles and names, which is more suited for oral presentation rather than written works)

how about i pay your mom a visit and fuck her in the ass

>its all Iberia

>I concluded that both are amazing
> However, as literary works they're pretty horrible and mundane to read

What then how are they amazing?
Other than being like when you call a four year olds shitty scribbles amazing

The height of plebianism.

I wish you could take a joke like your mom takes a dick

I cannot. What defines great literature? How can one be determined to be superlatively greater, let alone greatest?

>All Shakespeare

She's dead. Have fun fucking a bowl of ashes.

kek
Your dad then. I can go both ways

Fine, but he was born without an anus. Have fun doomed to a life of mouth play.

>in the ass
>i am Greek
Hmmm...

>shakespeare

t. translation cuck

>I can go both ways
Hmmmmmmmm...........

Heterosexualism is for plebs

Did you even read the rest of my post? It seems like you stopped reading after the first sentence. They are amazing as oral epics, not as literary works.

That sounds like a cop out. Did you hear them being orally performed?

As I Lay Dying.

There, proved wrong

>believing your edgy by ironically dismissing the truth

>he thinks the hand is on an ass

its a knee you fuck

Because knees have no patellas and abs?

Honestly, Dostoevsky is the only writer that I've seen referenced... everywhere. From hardcore partrician Christians to pseudo-intellectual generic trendy girls everyone mentions him and praises him. Crime and Punishment in particular. Shakespeare's close too, but he is just remembered as a symbol of writing.