What is the greatest work in 20th century philosophy

in your opinion?

Tractacus

It's Wittgenstein or Heidegger. Any other name will just be mentioned by hipsters trying to be unique

Being and Time or Tratacus

Philosophical Investigations or The Two Dogmas of Empiricism

The Two Dogmas of Empiericism

who wrote that?

The Incompleteness Theorems by Godel?

does that count?

How can the Tractatus even be the greatest work, when Wittgenstein himself disavowed it

Because at that point he was old, new-agey, retarded, and wrong.

Philosophical Investigations is much better and more relevant to Witty's ideas than the Tracitus

What does Being and Time offer? How am I better off having read it? I heard it takes a year of studying it exclusively to get anything out of it

How do I know I'll get something out of it and it's not just a waste of time

Kripke?

>How do I know I'll get something out of it and it's not just a waste of time

Getting real tired of your shit, modern man.

Checkout George Steiner's book on Heidegger. 300 pages. He was able to make Heidegger's thinking acessible. After that decide if you want to get more in depth or not

Quine.

I absolutely agree with Wittgenstein being on this list. The Tractatus can still be viewed in lieu of Wittgenstein's disavowal, because he saw it as a necessary ladder to be cast off once you've summited it's heights. I still believe that prop 7 is the most important piece of that work - that's surely something that even late Wittgenstein would not disavow.

I'm no very familar with Kripke, but I have heard that Kripke's mind would have been much better put to use doing Continental work rather than analytic non-sense.

He's less popular nowadays. Besides, analytic philosophers seem to have less intellectual impact.

Because they have no intellect

Sorry, meant 'individual impact'.

analytical philosophers overall tend to have more raw intellect than continentals

Incorrect. Logic is opposing to intellect. Stop stroking your ego, *nglo.

Revolt Against the Modern World

>BEING AND TIME
>PI

/THREAD

Process and Reality

War and peace