Bread pill me on gluten. Is it really that bad for you?

Bread pill me on gluten. Is it really that bad for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ijcp.12128/full
youtube.com/watch?v=x_kFFeJF71k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

yes

only if you have celiac disease

eat my ass

gluten passes the blood brain barrier
patients with epilepsy, autism, and alzheimers seem to respond well to gluten free diets
the reasons for this are currently being researched extensively

Gluten is made up by """""them"""""

t. gluten-free products shill

If you aren't a celiac it doesn't really matter
Simple carbs are fucking garbage though so try to avoid anything that isn't whole grain at least

gluten isnt bad

complex sugars are bad

nope, not unless you have celiac or are one of the very very very few people who are truly gluten intolerant.

>Simple carbs are fucking garbage though so try to avoid anything that isn't whole grain at least
sugar is bad, but carbs are fine. in fact carbs are fantastic for you, because they break down into glucose, which is the body's preferred energy source. glucose is far healthier for you than fructose.

>complex sugars are bad

>glucose is far healthier for you than fructose
>this meme again
Prove it.

Only if you have irritable bowel syndrome.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ijcp.12128/full

All you've linked is that a low sugar diet helps bloating, pain, and flatulence for patients with IBS (the fibromyalgia of the digestive system).

Do you even know what a monosaccharide is?

Dubs checked.

If you eat it, you'll die.

>To be fair, you'll die no matter what you eat.

Bread is basically sugar, so, kind of?

Even If you have celiac dont even get tested and keep eating gluten to keep your resistance
All gluten free did for me was get rid of acne and make me generally nicer but id rather be able to eat bread and $5 pizzas
Again, even if youre celiac like me just don't. You'll never have good bread or cheap pizza again in your life

Jesus christ

Someone gave me advice on a good type of dough to use for weaving. Anyone know a good one? I lost my note

This. I watched a series of documentaries were this exact thing happened. I think this pic is from those.

No. Humans have been eating gluten for thousands and thousands of years. Outside of the very rare celiac, gluten is fine for you. And it is wonderful for breads, which have been a staple of our diets for forever.

Pic related - bread I just pulled out of the oven.

gr8 maymay my dude - funny/10

>Humans have been eating gluten for thousands and thousands of years.
Completely irrelevant since nobody's claiming gluten kills you.

>bread has been a staple of the human diet for thousands of years
>suddenly one day it becomes bad

>t. Breadfag
Keep eating garbage lad

no gluten allergy is a made up meme disease

You're confusing "not killing you" with "not causing you harm."
Milk's been a staple of human diet for thousands of years too for example and around 3/4 of the world population don't maintain the lactase enzymes to digest it as adults.

Its a fucking protein. Your body uses it just like any other protein.

Celiacs have to eat more protein than non celiacs because they dont get it from the carbs they eat.

>bread is garbage because some trendy meme diat told me so
>i completely disregard that I have been eating bread for many years and it wasn't bad for me

It's just a protein in wheat and barley.
Gluten itself isn't a problem for non-coeliacs, but it's most often eaten in the form of refined wheat, what we call "white" flour. You're usually better off not eating that stuff. Whole wheat and whole barley are great. Stop missing the forest for the trees and eat whole/unrefined foods instead of chasing memes.

This is evolution at work. If you can't process gluten it's basically Darwin telling you to get out of the gene pool. Please stop passing your monkey genes.
Modern humans can eat gluten

It's just wheat and barley. I accidentally go months without either of those.

Having bad reactions to gluten doesn't prevent you from surviving long enough to reproduce even if you don't cut it out of your diet, so bringing up natural selection in this context is retarded.

It's impossible to isolate the effects of any one nutrient on human physiology so don't pay it too much attention and just follow the rules.

>Real food
>Not too much
>Mostly plants

Genetically speaking, modern humans were forced over thousands of generations to adopt to grain products as their major source of calories.
Those who had too many ungabonga monkey genes in them would constantly shit themselves and not find a partner to reproduce. Over time their genetic lines would naturally die out among the populations who were intelligent enough to pursue agriculture. Stands reason, no?
But now gluten-free fags found a way to present themselves as being genetically passable, instead of failing even stone age breading standards for campsite fucking

You gluten free monkey boys would sit r9k-like in the dark, covered in your own filth, complaining about your rumbling bellies, while genetically superior folks were getting it on enjoying bread and stuff

I'm not gluten-free, but there's usually something other than bread I want to eat. I usually only make it when I'm having company, so my place will smell like baking bread. Helps people relax.

See? Posing as bread eater to facilitate social interaction with the genetically superior classes.

/thread

I usually eat most of it myself later, with oil-free lime hummus :-)

No oil means I can put more tahini in it, and limes are always very cheap on clearance at the Asian supermarket. Cut in half, slice off skin, drop whole thing in blender :-)

Wtf? Ok, no need for me to worry about you passing on your genes

>Ofw fresh bread

youtube.com/watch?v=x_kFFeJF71k

no
gluten sensitivity and celiacs are not a real
see: malingering

Some people actually do shit blood.

It *can* be coincidentally beneficial for non-celiacs to avoid gluten because that means eating less junk made with white flour. But the gluten-free versions of junk food can often be worse, replacing white flour of wheat with white rice flour, which is higher glycemic and much higher in arsenic.

>This is evolution at work.
Correct.

>If you can't process gluten it's basically Darwin telling you to get out of the gene pool. Please stop passing your monkey genes.
No, you got that part wrong because it's the other way around. People have been eating these seeds for thousands of years and some of us advanced humans have evolved since then to eat more advanced and complex foods. If you're still eating seeds then you're stuck in the dark ages.

>Modern humans can eat gluten
Some still can, but so can apes. Advanced humans have moved on.

Do you have any sources on it being beneficial to epileptics? I've got bipolar and things that help epilepsy are often helpful for bipolar too.

The reason people wrongly assume they have "gluten sensitivity" is actually mild malnourishment.
They feel terrible all the time, so they stop eating bread. When they stop eating bread they often replace it with fruits and vegetables, which they weren't eating enough of before. They wrongly assume that gluten was making them feel bad, when really it was a lack of key nutrients from produce.
So no, you don't have a gluten problem you just had a poorly balanced diet.

>Those who had too many ungabonga monkey genes in them would constantly shit themselves and not find a partner to reproduce. Over time their genetic lines would naturally die out among the populations who were intelligent enough to pursue agriculture. Stands reason, no?
It obviously doesn't stand to reason since you're trying to argue the ancestors of people today who have problems with gluten died without reproducing despite the fact them being ancestors means they did reproduce.

Jesus died for their sins.