Anyone else so intelligent that they scare people? Are there any books/poems for this feel? Ever since I was little...

Anyone else so intelligent that they scare people? Are there any books/poems for this feel? Ever since I was little, I have always terrified my parents with my cognitive abilities. When I was 8, I once verbally destroyed my father in an argument so badly that our relationship has been awkward to this day. My teachers have always disliked me to a certain degree because I always terrified them with my intelligence, and of course, one hates what one fears. When i was in an English class in high school, I remember monologuing about Shakespeare as the jaws of my teacher and fellow students dropped, their eyes wide and afraid because of the sheer depth and profundity of my intelligence. In college, I have learned to tamp down my intellect, lest it scare off possible sexual conquests, connections, and professors. I know what you're thinking -- scaring off sexual conquests with your intellect? It should be the other way around, shouldn't it? I too, felt, since I was young, that that should be the case, and in some instances, perhaps it may, but in my own, my intellect is beyond the erotic, so fearsome that the people in my vicinity simply cannot withstand it without shivering in fear or apprehension: can a man like this truly exist? what is this man capable of? Can human potential really reach this far? But, I truly do not mean to brag, and I apologize if that is how this came across: what I have said is just for context. What I am really looking for is book recommendations, as this is, of course, a literature website and not a personal blog. so i will reiterate, once again: are there any books for this feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/shelf/show/narcissism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

my diary desu

Yes. W-wait I wanna change my answer!

my diary desu

Ask reddit

My girlfriend calls me smart as an insult when we fight sometimes

>tfw to intelligent for life

Alex Kierkegaard.

I like how cum feels in my naughty place ;)

My application's not bought,' I am telling them, calling into the darkness of the red cave that opens out before closed eyes. 'I am not just a boy who plays tennis. I have an intricate history. Experiences and feelings. I'm complex.
'I read,' I say. 'I study and read. I bet I've read everything you've read. Don't think I haven't. I consume libraries. I wear out spines and ROM-drives. I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it." My instincts concerning syntax and mechanics are better than your own, I can tell, with due respect. But it transcends the mechanics. I'm not a machine. I feel and believe. I have opinions. Some of them are interesting. I could, if you'd let me, talk and talk. Let's talk about anything. I believe the influence of Kierkegaard on Camus is underestimated. I believe Dennis Gabor may very well have been the Antichrist. I believe Hobbes is just Rousseau in a dark mirror. I believe, with Hegel, that transcendence is absorption. I could interface you guys right under the table,' I say. 'I'm not just a creatus, manufactured, conditioned, bred for a function.'

I open my eyes. 'Please don't think I don't care.'

>are there any books for this feel?

There are plenty. Your family and frie-, um, acquaintances should definitely read it as well.

goodreads.com/shelf/show/narcissism

Last time I met a kid like you he ended up flunking out of college and taking up a coke habit. Wonder how he's doing. He wasn't even a bad lad, just self important.

>11 replies
>1 book recommendation
can we get back on topic please?

Look into Chinese philosophy, power means nothing if it's aimed at nothing.

Well-written, I love your work. Inspiration to all. I don't think there is a book that is intelligent enough for you, but Infinite Jest comes close.

You're an idiot. To make you aware of how fucking retarded you are, I shall challenge you to a philosophical duel. Tell me what are your epistemological, metaphysical, and ethical positions, and I will dismantle them showing how much of an edgelord scum you are.

People ignore you because you are cringey and scum of the Earth, and I shall mock and humiliate you to humble and make you aware of your own ineptitude. Will you be a coward or debate me with your "intelligence"? After this point, no insults on our character, just impersonal philosophical debate.

I too feel my intellectual prowess precedes me in my day to day interactions with common people. Since the day I was seven and humiliated my father in front of his coworker by explaining to him the absurdity of some theory he had thought intelligent. My own school was fraught will endless argument with inept teachers and later professors, some of whom where so foolish as to have thought my Latin to be insufficient when I translated De rerum natura. Sexual conquest for me, however, has not resulted in my dumbing down of my intelligence for what my friends call The Harem, and I call ... well, whenever I desire. Still though, those who have suffered because of my ironic wit and my superior intelligence most have been the closest and dearest to me, but yet I have not found a book in my twenty one years that could help me alleviate the inferiority of those who I have chosen to be amongst. Do help me friend, how can I help these fool learn that what I have is simple a gift they too could have if they'd tried more in life.

>tfw girls have repeatedly told me I'm too smart to date
It's very, very frustrating

The Taste of Dicks: A Faggot's
by OP

What a blessing I say. Ouch, I say, ouch. It seems I am finally no longer alone with myself. Yes I wish I could scream, yes. I too am a person with high cognitive abilities. From childhood I would debate my father and mother which caused them sadness and anger. Yes, at school such things were not so much different but rather the same. They called me "the little proffesoro". I remember it vividly; I would enter class saying "I have entered." and wait for the teacher to make a fatal mistake. Then I would raise up and point out his errors. I remember how I would speak, very impressively, using words that were fibrant and in some ways excessive. During lunch I would read two books, and do a power walk around the table, in hopes of causing a debate. Yes, yes, and now I am in university, doing what I have been blessed with from when I was a little boy. It is always a great pleasure to see the fear in their eyes when I use the facial expressions and hand gestures, raise my voice, and bombard them with my great rhetorical skills using my highly IQ-ed brain.