twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what an uninformed and plebeian opnion

You forgot "middle-class American women on Goodreads"

Nothing's better than when they talk about >us

what about other boards

ewww

Guess the book.

naked lunch?

What? No. Why would you suggest Naked Lunch.
Anyhow, guess again.

cause the postmodernism tag and all the cum

although i didnt recall any book binding cum in naked lunch that book has enough jism to impregnate the third world

>Veeky Forums
>not understanding board culture
>triggered by /pol/ posters
Fucking normies. This board bettered itself by driving her away.

the misogyny had been getting pretty tiresome lately, tho. any time a female author is even mentioned the thread is derailed by piles and piles of redpill horseshit

Sounds like a good read.

>tfw you want to talk about your O'Connor wifu but everyone calls her a horsefaced hack

bro she really looks like a horse

Well yeah, but she was a good writer.

i am not denying that, but better put screencaps of her writing not of her face.

Being hideous never stopped anyone from having a proper discussion of a male author as far as I'm aware. And its not like attractive male authors have dozens of "I want Hemingway daddy to fuck the shit out of me" (or whoever fags and women are in to). Qualifying a woman's literary achievements by her physical attractiveness is something most people would define as misogyny, if they are the kind of person who cares about that shit, but there's always the option to fuck off.
If you can't handle the autism, get out of the ball pit.

what the hell are you talking about, there is always people making fun of male ugly authors.
Hemmmmingway looked like a nancy boy anyway

>never eat the pasta

If we had a couple thousand people voting we could have gotten it up to best of 2015

I think he's saying that their looks have never derailed a thread. Pynchon threads aren't killed because someone makes fun of his teeth.

>Hemmmmingway looked like a nancy boy

I feel like the other side is just as guilty of this, no one would seriously rise to defend Hemmingway, while people who have a crush on their idea of Pynchon might do.

>You forgot "middle-class American women on Goodreads"

Truly worse than Satan.

Dune does suck tho

>austen is a master of suspense

she is right tought, dune is reddit tier

>likes based Austen and doesn't like Dune aka Reddit: The Book
Based

this woman is waifu tier
austen is a master harold bloom and norm macdonald agree

You read it here folks, keep spreading the truth about women to keep redditors out

She is right thouh? Yre you by any chance cryporedditor from /sffg/?

As well as Leo Strauss and Vladimir Nabokov, neckbeards btfo.

>tfw Veeky Forums is faustian

we sold our soul to become patricians. we gave up any chance of having a gf. but at least we have the canon

This can't be real

Was our guy Brendan correct?

goodreads.com/review/show/6763498

Brendan rated a book did not like it about 5 years ago
The Republic by Plato
Recommended for: everyone
Read in November 2001

Let me explain why I'd recommend this book to everyone: Plato is stupid.

Seriously.

And it's important that you all understand that Western society is based on the fallacy-ridden ramblings of an idiot. Read this, understand that he is not joking, and understand that Plato is well and truly fucked in the head.

Every single one of his works goes like this:

SOCRATES: "Hello, I will now prove this theory!"
STRAWMAN: "Surely you are wrong!"
SOCRATES: "Nonsense. Listen, Strawman: can we agree to the following wildly presumptive statement that is at the core of my argument?" {Insert wildly presumptive statement here— this time, it's "There is such a thing as Perfect Justice" and "There is such a thing as Perfect Beauty", among others.}
STRAWMAN: "Yes, of course, that is obvious."
SOCRATES: "Good! Now that we have conveniently skipped over all of the logically-necessary debate, because my off-the-wall crazy ideas surely wouldn't stand up to any real scrutiny, let me tell you an intolerably long hypothetical story."
{Insert intolerably long hypothetical story.}
STRAWMAN: "My God, Socrates! You have completely won me over! That is brilliant! Your woefully simplistic theories should become the basis for future Western civilization! That would be great!"
SOCRATES: "Ha ha! My simple rhetorical device has duped them all! I will now go celebrate by drinking hemlock and scoring a cameo in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure!"

The moral of the story is: Plato is stupid.

he does look retarded in every picture
>just chillin with my dog and my gun haha no big deal
>shirt off gun out idk hahaha

Truly, foolish women were a mistake.

it was worth it desu

They're right. I blame /pol/tards.

Nothing wrong with trying to expand your horizons, user. He started with Vonnegut, Kafka and PKD. You could be starting with much worse authors.

Didn't he just do precisely what he accuses Plato of doing?

Just tell us the answer, user, please

Can't believe I'm agreeing with a reddit post, the misogyny really is rampant these days.
Everytime I try to discuss a woman writer /pol/tards bring their shitty redpill memes there, samething if you're trying to discuss Jewish writers, Kafka threads are basically /pol/ generals at this point.

The Legacy Of Totalitarianism In A Tundra

>brendan is currently reading infinite jest
truly /ourguy/

>never eat the pasta

>Never eat the pasta
Classic Veeky Forums

wow, i'm honoured to have written the little ditty entitled "Cum Meridian"

The Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings.

spooked af

>ROFL this is gold! hats off brother kekistani.

Cringe

The funny thing is that Trump and the alt-right rely on postmodernism themselves.

hilarious

How?

The third comment is the def of plebian. /pol/ are board mixers who memed themselves by becoming redditors.

>Peterson is the modern-day Nietzsche
>those filthy post-modernists don't believe in absolute moral truths

what does post modernism mean?

How much time do you guys think before Kekistanis and the alt-right get their share of cringe compilations and ecelebs counter culture over youtube, I mean how has it not happened yet, frogposters ranting about preserving muh culture is hard not to mock

Do you think I could make youtube bux if I make a video of my hundreds of kek cringe images?

>newfags thinks Veeky Forums was once without misogyny and racism
You're so retarded.

The misogyny and racism that was on Veeky Forums was more nuanced and quite good, now it's watered down shit.

Not on Veeky Forums unless it's a Schopenhauer thread, there used to be good threads when discussing Woolf or LeGuin, but now you can't even bring up women authors without the thread derailling

Women authors are a meme. Read Weiniger, boy.

This. The Misogynists we used to have actually had their own brand of misogyny. The attitude that's popular these days is just a meme that's copypasted into peoples minds. If you actually try to ask people why they hold the opinions they do you quickly realize that they're just repeating lingo they've seen on the board to fit in. If your first reaction to seeing a Woolf thread is to call OP an SJW whitenight who just wants to get laid you're clearly just mindlessly repeating phrases that have been put into your head.

For the record, I don't get Woolf at all, and I suspect that she's just not a very good author, but I only read 50 pages of to the lighthouse and the first paragraphs of her other novels before giving up on them so maybe I'm not qualified to judge.

>I don't get Woolf at all
misogynist

I haven't seen a thread on women be derailed anymore than a thread on anything else. For a thread to not be derailed you have to lead it, ask something interesting, present an interpretation.
If you post "thoughts on Woolf" then yeah its just going to be shitposts

Fairly sure they already have some, it's just done within their own channels and the like, so it hasn't caught on because it attacks them from a right-wing perspective. And the real morons (as opposed to loonies and bigots) are usually only slightly to the right of Boomer conservatives, it's just they've got an online presence following bandwagons because they're inexperienced children, usually.

dump it here i need a good laugh

It was there but it was mostly ironic and to troll people, now everyone here is a moralfag that takes themselves seriously and thinks they're geniuses for being racist and sexist.

Nuke this planet already, Kim

how about some Veeky Forums cringe

I routinely and regularly try to crash Sartre threads by calling him a goblin faced little frog troll and I gush over Camus' daddy ass looks in any of his respective threads.

I'm a buoy btw

FUCKING WEW

Neither of you have been here longer than 2 years

Sartre is the biggest punching bag in western philosophy and people need to understand it

2012. I've been focusing on philosophy for the last two years though, so fair enough.

already been done

youtube.com/watch?v=fAE_QQ-GcJE

There is literally nothing wrong with what they said

wew

They're right about everything though.

This is a perfectly reasonable post.

youtube.com/watch?v=GGunRKWtWBs

Misoginy has always been there, the only difference is that now a good share of those shitposters (who were the lowest common denominator of Veeky Forums) are now /pol/tards too, which may give the impression that this new jargon defines this as a new phenomenon (it's not, it's just the same old thing with different words and meme).
People like this would have not accepted Veeky Forums 8 years ago either, since misoginy and racism was already present (although it was mostly ironic and not ideological, since shitposters did not have any political allegiance at the time).

>tfw our personal truth is to let dictators and oligarchs rule violenty over the nation, stealing as much as possible

>/pol/hacks wants eugenic
>somehow eugenic becomes a thing
>the entire /pol/ userbase dies from it
Let's go for it.

>relative truth

and you

Holy shit that's a lot of words for "I'm too dumb too read Thomas Mann". Mann is an excellent pleb filter.

Nausea and le mur are very good

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

The misogyny part is true.
But the issue is that misogynists here read more feminist literature than the females who fight for their rights on /r/books. Plus we don't read feminist pseudoliterature.

I've also seen a comment "white undercivilized males" about Veeky Forums, but it's not really our fault that females only choose by how popular and/or rich you are instead of whether you are misogynist or not, how you actually think.