youtu.be/IWh1f301Xb0
youtube.com/watch?v=_GOR5gvQwDI
youtube.com/channel/UCKuA9X4xm4xWKgqH9ct6X_A
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxI8Can9yAHfwU1xgIgN2QLh6SuYsV2gG
youtube.com/channel/UClAe9eNC_SWVqvZ5CKzXK7Q/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it's a booktubers episode

if you didn't like Romeo and Juliet in 8th grade you're a cuck

Choice comment on the video: "Preach!! I read Wuthering Height because everybody and their mother apparently loves it......I FUCKING HATED IT! lol Catherine is a raging bitch abusing her wimpy husband and Heathcliff is a total lunatic! I don't know why people like it so much...baka"

And another:
"I sometimes think that is exactly why some people love it. I also think that Emily very much wanted us to hate her characters. I personally WANT to care about the characters in books I read. I'm OK with some characters that are unlovable. But EVERY SINGLE ONE? No thanks."

I was just skipping around but I'm fairly certain he called himself a "Reader Human."

A fucking Reader Human like reading books is some kind of identity group.

Jesus

It's just a kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=qAv8gmKFBb0

>it's bad because it's sexist for the time

wow

>"um wow they kissed the first time they met????"

uh, kid, you've never heard stories of this? well, in any case, you will when you're older...

So are probably half the autists on this board.

Damn he moves a lot. All the jump cuts hurt my eyes. He's probably gay. That meatball comment was weird.

If only insaneReader had been born in Elizabethan England. He could have prevented Shakespeare from embarrassing himself.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZFWc_iEj9QQ

damn who this?

Because (((they))) are trying to destroy western culture. If people have no culture and don't understand their place in history they can be controlled and destroyed.

>womb noises

The classic literature of Gen Z will be YouTube memes and LeafyIsHere DramaAlert Emoji Movie Fidget Spinner Silly Bandz iPhone 3D Spotify Instagram Snapchat Filters Classic Rock Like 2Chainz

> Harmful books
> literally a PTA lecture from that Christian Trump supporting parent who thinks reading Of Mice & Men and The Grapes of Wrath will turn his children into black blues singers

You forgot to write everything in capital letters

>ya'll

>refers books like romeo and juliet as "classics"
>uses sexism as a valid excuse to not like it
>flails his body around while talking

this kid needs to go easy on the YA books he's reading

I dont. They teach us The Illiad and Odyssey at school. They do it in such a bad way that I ended up going through the books again a few months ago.

I thought Gen Z was the most conservative generation since the 30s.

I stopped watching when she started going on about pie but she was making good points about bland characterization but that's probably just me projecting my distaste for YA onto her. My only real problems with the video (up until I stopped watching) were that she was swearing with a child in the house and that she was using "ghetto" black mannerisms even though from her very voice you can tell she was raised by reasonably well off black people.

Why is every word in ever sentence from a different take? Is this a hit piece edited together from different clips to make him look bad?

I also blame the pixie manic girl character trope you see a lot in anime and YA. People think a mixture of hyperactivity and "randomness" makes for charming and quirky when it just comes across as obnoxious and immature.

Do they not understand that Romeo and Juliet was a fucking play? They get mad at it being overly wordy. A FUCKING PLAY BEING OVERLY WORDY

God he's cringeworthy. He does look to be literally a child though, most of us had stupid opinions and did stupid shit when we were teenagers. Hopefully when he grows up he gives grown up books another go

>gets mad at Shakespeare for using outdated language
>why didn't Shakespeare speak and write like a teenager from 2017?

Plebeians should be killed and replaced with robots.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>that analysis of Romeo and Juliet
What triggered me the most was him saying that Romeo was an idiot. That shows a lack of understanding far greater than the one displayed with his facebook-feminist reading of the plot.

top lel

laffed

That is a pretty lady. What are those weird lumps on her chest though?

Any English teacher worth his salt knows not to read and especially teach French "literature." Don't blame these kids, blame their parents and their teachers.

>All. Those. Jump. Cuts.

Christ have a coherent thought

They said "English Lit professors" so I assume they are in university.

THE FUCKING CHRISTMAS LIGHTS

Like fucking clones

Every single time. Mindless children trying desperately to latch onto any vapid form of identity they can get their hands on.

youtu.be/IWh1f301Xb0

youtube.com/watch?v=_GOR5gvQwDI

Are there any booktubers who aren't mongs?

This guy is the closest to that, but he stopped making videos like 1 year ago
I don't like how he larps as a freak tho

youtube.com/channel/UCKuA9X4xm4xWKgqH9ct6X_A

no. being a high functioning spastic is a prerequisite of becoming a booktuber.

I've searched a lot back in the day, there is only one booktuber that sometimes have good videos and insight but its in portuguese

so, no, 99,86% of booktubers are fucking embarassing

Hey, I love that guy! I never see him mentioned here but he's probably my favorite of the lot.

GAS

>tfw her body reminds you of your ex

how did i fuck up so bad...i wanted to ruin her figure with 6 children

I don't know, but I wish it wasn't so. The only place I can talk to people about books critically anymore is at my college.

perhaps you should stop seeking out content you know will infuriate you just to pride yourself on having "superior taste"

Kek

this. seems a little unhealthy desu.

anyway a lot of people I know who hate literature do so because school sucked the fun out of reading for them.

>Click link
>See title expect her detailing books she found problematic
>First 7 minute talking about nothing but insecurity
>Fast forward to 11 minute mark
>Still talking about insecurity

Wew lad

Qual o canal?

They didn't start with the Greeks

>ShakesFEAR

>that feel when Wuthering Heights is shit on by readers who like weighty masculine stuff like McCarthy because they think it's too Jane Austen, even though it's one of the most brutal hardcore novels ever written
>that feel when even women and faggots shit on it now because it's 'old'
Poor Emily.

She's pretty reasonable. She's saying certain books are only "harmful" to an individual's feelings, which doesn't diminish their value as art.

I want to fucking die

I don't think they hate classical literature, I think its just not something that kids enjoy.

There is a difference between hatred and apathy.

At least you have that. I don't go to college and have never met a single person to discuss "classic" literature with in my entire life.

I'm gonna save Emily

I'm sorry, my man. Do you live near a library? Maybe you could find some cool people there

This video made me homophobe.

art is dead and eternity is the coffin in which it lays

yaaaas prenz slay

Also, in actually thinking about it more, I *do* somewhat agree.

Classic literature shouldn't really be taught until the person is aware that modern books either suck or are no better than comfort food. A young person who has no idea what the landscape of literature is will be unable to appreciate classic lit, on average.

I don't think there's anything wrong with giving kids modern books. They don't necessarily need to be YA shit, but books made in the last 20 years will likely be written in a way that they can appreciate it all for what it is, rather than needing to say "it was good for it its time!" or "it's better than current stuff!"

The idea gets formed in their head that literature is either dry/boring stuff made by old/dead people for adults OR it's the "epic, awesome, OMG" adventures of young adult stories, with nothing in-between the two extremes.

this is the absolute fucking worst

Because they're taught that the societal norms of today are the only aspects of culture worth knowing anything about. and they lack imagination, attention span, and mental capacity, generally speaking.

They/we have "conservative values" in that they supposedly extol industriousness, entrepreneurship, and independence. However, they/we aren't traditionalists in any sense of the word. Look at their/our support for tuition-free college, universal healthcare, gay marriage, and marijuana legalization. They/we are the product of 30 years of globalism. The only thing that

I was born in 1998, so I may or may not be a part of this cohort.

**the only thing that matters is attaining some undefined state of "happiness"; sometimes through money and status.

i also clearly have no idea what i'm talking about, i'm just some guy

I lasted 1/3 seconds.

kys

This. What do you expect when every single topic of every single essay kids are asked to write on books are about sexism, racism and gender roles? I honestly remember no real other topic being discussed in these books. Sometimes ideas like "themes" and "ideas" got mentioned, but it was mostly just to pay lip service to it. It was mostly a case of "compare this piece of literature's depiction of society and its values with today" rehashed for every single book.

*DISCLAIMER*
I don't actually hate classic books, I just have a hard time reading them and often times I think they can be a little bit too worshiped. All forms of art are beautiful, as long as they are touching people's lives and sadly most classic books do not have that effect on me. If you love all the classic books in the world, I am so happy for you and I am sad that I cannot relate. Most of the things I said in the video were a joke and I hope you understand that!

those are breasts user

>they/we
Prepare to be b&, kiddo.

>1998

he's 18 at minimum, tho; would've turned 18 in 2016 and might be 19 now.

Prose is not invisible style. It has to be stripped to emoji level comprehension.

tatianagfeltrin
ela fala de muito livro groselha, porém também de muitos livros bons como em busca do tempo perdido e as obras do thomas mann

mas o melhor canal literário em português é o de literatura fundamental da univesp
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxI8Can9yAHfwU1xgIgN2QLh6SuYsV2gG

the years fly by, my old friend

>tuition-free college, universal healthcare
plenty of "right-wing" states had/have these things

You put a lot of shit that has been on my head in a few words. Thanks.

>tatianagfeltrin

você tá zoando com minha cara, negro?
se ela fosse gostosa, pelo menos...

youtube.com/channel/UClAe9eNC_SWVqvZ5CKzXK7Q/videos

>'We have invented happiness,' say the last men, and they blink.

Now this is what I call offensively minimizing your offenseivness

>like, why are they kissing after just meeting
Hmmmmm, maybe it's because impulsiveness and unfiltered lust after years of repression is a key theme of the story?
Nah, that can't be it. It must be because "muh sexism", right?

sinceramente não sei o que eu esperava de um usuário do Veeky Forums
mais um retardado para variar

Why. SO. MANY. Jump. Cuts?

The 30s were pretty progressive though.

it's only conservative because all the mexican and ecuadorians obama let in hate abortion, not because some alt-right nerds posted some peepee frogs

This kid needs to do some push-ups, have sex, drink alcohol and travel. How someone can be so beta is beyond my comprehension. He'd never be able to start with the greeks, understand philosophy, or anything about life. He, or rather, it cannot have an opinion on literature unless it experiences raw and brutal reality and can draw connections.

he's obviously gay

Every generation hates classic lit. Because every generation is 95% plebs.

>This kid needs to do some push-ups, have sex, drink alcohol and travel.
Bukowski, where you been???

>implying that changes anything

fag here, do all those things.

this is only because gen z is the most hispanic gen of all time