Tfw internet and phones have collectively destroyed the western attention span and nobody sans an even smaller niche of...

>tfw internet and phones have collectively destroyed the western attention span and nobody sans an even smaller niche of outcasts will read heavy literature by 2040~

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RiL4kGE2-oQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

back to ribbit

Why are people so often completely ignorant of history? The idolization of a golden intellectual past, in contrast with a degenerate and superficial present, is a meme that has gone too far.

I'm not idolizing anyone I'm just a pickle and phones have objectively and scientifically been proven via studies to sap the attention span of the public and build multitasking. You're being prepped for a white collar programming future

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditard to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

shut the fuck up
Fuck the past
There is no return
Gtfo of my way boy

It's true though. Humanity has been in a constant decline since Ancient Greece.

>You're being prepped for a white collar programming future
>he think programming doesn't take more deep concentration than writing prose

stay pleb, nerd

DUDE STACKOVERFLOW LMAO
wow so deep

t. beta ant

It is a consequence of an overflow of information, which by itself is a good thing. The advancement of knowledge and humanity always has negative side-effects, but this does not make the development itself a negative phenomenon.

Spoken like a true Gregor Samsa bugman cuck

>cut and paste from stackoverflow

h1b or javascript codemonkey? either way you're no geek, kys

Isnt it a logic jump to assume people will adapt to the sensory overload instead of stagnating

A proportion of the population will probably invest the required intellectual effort to dissect and critically analyse the massive overflow of information - But the vast majority of people will not as this consumes a lot of effort and time, while also requiring a high amount of intellectual curiosity and sincerity.

How would that not lead to a gradual cerebratocracy of dumb, glazed cows and their herders?

Wouldn't that just be a Platonic aristocracy, aka the best possible system of government?

This has almost always been the case throughout human history, as access to knowledge and information was limited and the gatekeepers had a disproportional advantage compared to the masses. The difference now is that gatekeepers have less control, and virtually every citizen has the access to the same knowledge and information without any cost. The thing that separates both groups now is individual intellectual effort, thus possibly creating a meritocracy.

>tfw scrolls have collectively destroyed the western attention span and nobody sans an even smaller niche of outcasts will recite and and learn the grand epics by 240AD

But I'm Pickle Riiiick! Ha haaaaaa. Pick Rick!

Stick me in your vagina, Summer hahauuuuuuuaaaaaghhurrrrp! That's a nice nicoise. You could put that on a baguette, you little queer. Pick Rick!

Can confirm

My nephew is 13 and has never read a book before, apparently. Not one with chapters, and no religious texts either. He also claims extreme difficulty with reading sentences and he says he has to read them over and over to understand even a few words. And he has mostly Bs and a gf, with no signs of dyslexia or Autism. His hobbies include mobile games and television. I hope he grows out of it

Maybe he's just not interested in reading. It's a fairly lonely hobby, so it's not strange to choose to do something more social in your free time. Don't be so judgemental.

Yeah I guess you're right. I was a shitty ghost writer in my 20s and it's hard to let go of the idea that people should be really into reading.

true. the irony of the show is the makers are shitting on these kinds of people while they worship the scat. every single character on the show is a mess. in perspective of an old alcoholic man with ptsd who goes on destructive massacres(war vet) as a means of escape.

>by 2040

By 2025 we will all be bugmen.

Same here. I gave my nephew Ender's Game since I read it at that age and my brother thought it would be a good idea. Apparently he started reading it and said it was too hard.

Programming is piss. Just copy source code off the internet and change some of the variables.

>You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditard to understand why this show is so popular.
Clearly you don't have any difficulty with that.

The issue is really just how loud the average person can become online without credentials and how no one calls it out.

Farmers who used to reside in small cottages before, minding their own business, can now appear in modern day forums. The result being a lot of shit diluting anything close to resembling intellectualism. This makes the gap between idiots and intellectuals appear smaller.

I hope this is copypasta

It is now.

truly spoken like a moronic redditard

source on attention span decreasing?

IM PIIICKLEE RIIIICK !!!!*burp*!!!!

>source on attention span decreasing?
you're kidding right?

what? I mean... half the population wasn't even literate a hundred and fifty years ago... more people can read now, and you're right, they're not reading 'heavy literature', but heavy literature was always niche

>geek
yikes

OP just wants to complain and feel special.

Is misusing the word sans a Veeky Forums meme or something?

can't wait until summer ends

IM TINY RIIIIICK HAHA ""BURP"" HAHA

I'M A PICKLE *BURP* GOD ISN'T REAL MORTY

dude its copy pasta

... And they will not be respected for it.

>western
It's much worse in other places. Westerners aren't on their phones 24/7 (except at work) like every Asian country.

That leaves you not knowing how to program or design underpinnings. It also doesn't work in 99% of cases.

youtube.com/watch?v=RiL4kGE2-oQ

>tfw everyday I find myself more and more attracted to becoming a luddite

The common criticisms of this show on this website reek of 16-year-olds who want to distinguish themselves as being smarter than 'all those other sheep'.
I've seen this show, it's okay. It's not high art sure, but it's probably better than a lot of other 'entertainment' people enjoy (superhero movies, scrolling through Facebook for 3 hours, etc.). What the fuck are you people expecting from a cartoon on TV? I even enjoyed some of the sci-fi concepts and just rolled my eyes at some of the unfunny/on the nose parts.
I assume it's being meme'd on social media or something for the visceral reaction it's getting here. I know I've seen some thumbnails on youtube for dumbarse videos talking about the philosophy of it.
I opt out of social media because I gain nothing from it other than seeing trends, and I've been seeing more and more of that here. It's like the edgy anti-reddit or something.

>Muh the world is getting worse and everyone is dumb but me

You can read books off of the internet and on your phone faggot. You're not special because you own paperback editions.