Just got to Germany. Staying in Bayreuth. Gonna go see what I can dig up at Stirners house...

Just got to Germany. Staying in Bayreuth. Gonna go see what I can dig up at Stirners house. I'd like to go to frieburg to see heidegger. Maybe Bonn for Bach. I wonder if fritz Lang has a mention somewhere...

I have 10 days- what/who should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altes_Land
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you a rapefugee?

That's beside the point

Ficki ficki? ;)

Dresden is great culturally. The Gemäldegalerie Alte Meister is the most notable collection of older art in Germany, the Baroque buildings in the old down are fascinating in spite of the firestorm (in fact, a lot has been rebuilt using original material, making for a sometimes eerie impression), and the Saxon Switzerland landscape (in the vicinity) is well known from Friedrich’s Wanderer above the Sea of Fog.
By the way I liked the Church of the Holy Cross better than the Church of Our Lady.

If you’re into Bach, you can also visit Leipzig while you’re in the area – Bach’s remains are kept in the Thomaskirche.
Leipzig also has notable museum in the mdbk, of an imo very interesting modern architecture.

Berlin obviously has a number of big museums, but it’s a shithole in itself and I believe the Neue Nationalgalerie is still closed anyways.

Munich is a bit less of a shithole and has an about equal number of big museums, though here it’s the Alte Pinakothek that’s currently closed afaik. Munich also has the English Garden, a park that I thought was very nice to wander about.

If you’re interested in old Germany / German history, you can pay a visit to Heidelberg. It was an early center of intellect, Germany’s first university was built there in the 14th century. Much of the old town is still intact, and the Neckar landscape is renowned. Impish German writer Christian Kracht has his protagonist in Faserland think this about the "Neckarauen", i.e. the meanderings of the river Neckar around Heidelberg:
"Neckarauen, Neckarauen -- you have to imagine this, no, better yet, you say it out loud: Neckarauen. This is how all Germany would be if the Nazi’s had never been and the Jews hadn’t been gassed. Then Germany’d be like this word. Neckarauen."
(Given from memory and of my own mediocre translation.)

Some more notes, not exactly recommendations:

Frankfurt is a rather big shithole as well, but I personally love the MMK architecture. There’s a bunch of other (older) notable buildings as well, mostly pertaining to history.

In the vicinity of Hamburg, there is a landscape I quite like:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altes_Land
Hamburg itself is culturally mediocre, because there wasn’t any prince available to buy up Italian art etc. back in the day. The tradesmen ruling Hamburg all this time have now finally built themselves a monument, but I doubt you’ll be able to secure any tickets for the Elbphilharmonie in time now, even if you should be interested in that.
Anyways, should you end up in Hamburg, the one thing I can absolutely recommend is Planten un Blomen, a park. I dearly love it.

Btw almost no lit-related recommendations from me because I simply was never interested in visiting houses of author’s birth etc., the kind of lit-related stuff they put on for a touristic show.

Veeky Forums - Travel Advice

Danke my friend

>I'd like to go to frieburg to see heidegger
user...I don't know how to tell you this, but Heidegger is no longer with us.

Can someone tell me, I want to read Rilke's Duino Elegies, is the Stephen Mitchell english translation acceptable?
Is there a better one available?

>Hamburg itself is culturally mediocre, because there wasn’t any prince available to buy up Italian art etc. back in the day

> italian art is the only "good" culture

my sides

>I have 10 days- what/who should I do?
you should do your fucking part to preserve the white race and rape/impregnate as many german women as possible before they outlaw white reproduction

You have autism. The gif doesnt show the emotion you think it does. Since you are autistic, I cannot recommend Hamburg since it is crowded with people.

Since you are gay, I can recommend this dick in your mouth

Heidegger's house is in Rötebuckweg 47, in Freiburg- Zähringen. My ex lived in the same street and I didn't find out until way later.

take pics of stirners digs

If you are in Bayreuth anyway might as well visit Wahnfried

The spookman is buried in Berlin

Lucky! Todtnau is so beautiful

The point I wanted to make was simply that there’s no reason to visit Hamburg for the art. (Unless you love Caspar David Friedrich and Arnold Böcklin.) Because there’s a number of German cities that have far more galleries and far more famous artworks.

But yes I do indeed view the dozen or so musicals that are praised as Hamburgs "cultural highlights" as utter garbage.

t. from Hamburg and mad

go to a biergarten and chat up some locals. They'll tell you everything you need to know. It's summer, and it's not octoberfest, so they'll probably be pretty helpful.

>goes to Bayreuth
>not in October
>goes to Bayreuth in 2017
>has not preordered a ticket for the yearly Wagner's festival 15 years ago

You fucked up, my friend.

Fuck off, we're full

The Stirner house was torn down ages ago

You can also visit Husserl's house if you go to Freiburg, Schöneckstr. 6.

(I had some lectures in there, because the Kiepenheuer Institute for Solar Physics is now based there.)