Eat right or get out

thelocal.fr/20171220/fonduegate-why-the-customer-is-never-right-in-france

Some foodlets would be mad if a chef told them they can't have their steak well done with ketchup, or that they can't have rare aged Beaufort in their fondue.
Why go to a professional if you don't want to benefit from their expertise? It's like going to the doctor and then telling them "change your diagnosis, I do NOT have diabetes--I'm the customer so I'm right!"

If chefs and shopkeepers had the balls to do this in America, we wouldn't have so many entitled idiots running around making stupid demands and ruining things for the rest of us. Having the money to buy it doesn't mean you can have it.

Any sufficiently high class establishment will tell you to go fuck yourself in the exact same way.
The difference is there's a lot more restaurants in America, and we're much more interested in just making money. If you want me to completely fucking ruin this cut of meat that you're paying me $80 for, then fuckin' okay. Your loss my dude.

>REEEEEEEEEEE STOP EATING CHEESE IN A MANNER I DO NOT APPROVE OF

It's the shopkeeper's cheese, why shouldn't he decide who he sells it to?

As a cheesemaker, I approve this message. Put some respeck on dat product

after someone buys the cheese its not
they can shove a wedge of it up their ass if they want to

food nazis fuck off

How can someone buy the cheese if the owner won't sell it? You can't come to my house and say "I'm buying your computer and you HAVE to sell it to me because I am offering a fair price."

He literally can but only a retard would turn away a sale.

>buy Beaufort
>sign his faggy little agreement that you won't fondue it to appease his autism
>go home
>fondue that shit

fuck you France, culinary hipster shits

I have to disagree. I'd rather have my dignity than a couple Euros. Besides, it's not like he won't be able to sell it to someone else later, if it's truly a good and rare cheese.
There's even an argument to be made that he risks losing sales in the long run by selling to people who don't know what they are doing. Someone buys the expensive cheese, melts and mixes it, destroying all the subtle flavors, and then tells his friends "yeah I got it from that fancy shop, but it wasn't that good." It's like when idiots go to thai restaurants, demand the spiciest food even when the waiter tries to persuade them otherwise, and then write all over Yelp how the restaurant was bad.

At least making the customer agree not to fondue it prevents the situation above. The cheesemonger can say "hey, he didn't think it was good, but he ate it wrong--I warned him not to, here's the proof." Thereby preserving some of his reputation.

it's always anglos who do this kind of shit

>before I sell you this pizza you need to sign this agreement promising you WONT put pineapple on it

Now imagine the shitstorm if a vegan goes to a restaurant and gets kicked out for wanting to eat a vegan meal.

Nobody is getting "kicked out," you leave of your own volition after the restaurant tells you they don't serve any food you want to eat.

nobody likes you

I'm very well liked, but you lack class.

>Why go to a professional if you don't want to benefit from their expertise
because the primary reason I eat out is because I don't want to do the shitty labor involved

>Why go to a professional if you don't want to benefit from their expertise?
>I'm a professional at heating up food and adding salt pls respect me

Chefs are the bottombarrel of wagecucks. Make my food and shut up.

>go to any restaurant where dishes are more than $20 applebees tier
>ask them to do something stupid
>"no"
incredible it's almost like this happens everywhere that isn't applebees or o'charleys

why do people pay more money for worse customer service?

>I'm such a faggot elitist, I'll refuse money in exchange for goods.

This is one of the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

>I'm such a weak-willed faggot that I will do something I find distasteful for a paltry amount of money
This is one of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

Because its expected that with the high cost comes high quality, and if you ask for something that will ruin the quality then rightfully they should tell you "chefs won't do that" so you don't spend $250 on a meal and then bitch that it tasted like dog food

Americans, one and all. Praise the lord and pass the ranch dressing!

How's it feel to not live in a global city with thousands of restaurants... Hundreds of them with amazing artists creating some of the worlds best cuisine?

Enjoy your trash all you can eat slop fest at Golden Corral you flyover scumcunt.

Pretty much this, although I WISH it was more like OP.

>If chefs and shopkeepers had the balls to do this in America, we wouldn't have so many entitled idiots running around making stupid demands and ruining things for the rest of us. Having the money to buy it doesn't mean you can have it.
Even in America, beyond a certain tier, restaurants stop asking you how you want steak done, etc, because it's given that the chef knows better.
I've actually experienced first hand a request for a well-done steak being denied. The waiter just said they couldn't accommodate it and sold him on a different dish.

Nice. It's time we put these defective retards in their place.

Fuck you. Do you know how sick I am of American plebs saying "so it's like a cheddar?" To every cheese that isn't spreadable. Or the pleb special, "do you have smoked Gouda?" Which is always the trashiest commodity Gouda available that's drenched in fake liquid smoke. The average American food consumer is abhorrent to me.

This.

Daily reminder that if you don't live in a B+ city or higher your opinion is worthless.

"I like Wal-Mart brie I'm a cheese connoisseur"

I know somebody who does exactly this. The niglet even fucking steals the cheese and then says AH YES I LOVE THE FANCY CHEESES while eating them on fucking triscuits

Consider me triggered lads.

heat up my food, wagie

"Sharp cheddar is the best cheese is the world"

>Grabs Cabot creamery

>If chefs and shopkeepers had the balls to do this in America
None of them know anything, though. They're just as dumb as their customers.

and?
this statement is correct

>niggers can't even bake their own crackers
actually tragic that poor people can't cook crackers

if someone i thought was a food expert told me that an expensive and rare ingredient would be ruined if i prepared it a certain way, i would believe them.

Surprise you faggots don't just eat blue steak

Yeah fucking right

I bet they would bend over backwards when Ahmed and Muhammed come in and tell them that they have to serve everything different

Scenario 1
>Retarded customer: I would like your finest $100 steak cooked extra well done with lots of ketchup
>Chef: Here you go sir
>Retarded customer: That was delicious, I'll come back here again to celebrate after the special olympics is over

Scenario 2
>Retarded Customer: Light that bitch up and heavy on the ketchup
>Chef: No sir, you'll have to fuck off
>Retarded Customer: Fine, I'll take my money somewhere else

The answer is obvious to anyone that actually runs a business

I wish it was that simple. You've clearly never had to deal with retarded customers that'll never admit their mistakes.

If it's a fine restaurant, you have a limited number of steaks. It's more like
>Scenario 1
>Retarded customer: blah blah blah
>Me: H-Here's your ruined steak, sir

>Scenario 2
>Retarded customer: bl-
>Me: Get out, next customer please
>Good customer: Here I am
>Me: Here you go, that will be $100

>entitled idiots running around making stupid demands and ruining things for the rest of us
>Thinks the phenomenon of "entitled idiots" stems from eating food how you want to eat it
What a fucking idiot.

Florida checking in

>I have to disagree. I'd rather have my dignity than a couple Euros.
>dignity defined as: Everyone must eat food that I say in the way that I autistically insist that they do so
This is why its better to just learn how to cook for yourself.
The only entitled cunts here are the chefs, and the world would be better if they were jobless.

>You've clearly never had to deal with retarded customers that'll never admit their mistakes.
If you are averse to confrontation, then don't be the retard telling people how to eat.

Chefs barely make good money as it is, if you're too proud to serve a literal paying customer, then you are a retard. if he wants to smother his food in ketchup let him do it. just admit that the French are nothing more than pretentious assholes.

Not just food, but "the customer is always right" was absolutely devastating to American psychology.

If I'm cooking the food, why should I be forced to make the food you want to eat? If I'm a sushi chef and you come in and order a quesadilla, I'm gonna say we don't have that here.

>devastating to psychology
Its simple market dynamics. Being the asshole who tells a paying customer, "You're doing it wrong" loses you business.

If that was what made Millennials terrible, then they wouldn't also be fucking communists.

You are a Millennial

>why should I be forced
Forced how? If you're a stuck-up cunt like that, you deserve to go out of business when your customers reject your bullshit.
Sorry that market forces are based on actual reality rather than your snobby bullshit.

No, I'm not.

You can keep saying it, but it doesn't make it true. Fine dining restaurants don't go out of business because they don't serve well done steak with ketchup. People who want that know to just go to Applebees where they belong.
>No, I'm not.
In fact, you are.

I find way more niche restraunts in small towns. Go to your local shopping center and eat outback bitch

>This nigger is such a stuck-up, autistic asshole
>He not only tells other people how to eat their food
>But he knows your own age better than you
There entitled cunt here is you, millennial.
You just can't handle the notion of freedom.

Avoid autism and move on folks

I seem to have touched a nerve

>Eurocunts doing same recipes for 1000 years
Starting to lose interest in your cheese, Emanuel

>He typed, drying the angry tears from his keyboard
You're not too old to call mommy if you're getting stressed.
I'm sure she misses you.

>Why go to a professional if you don't want to benefit from their expertise?

To degrade them and wave your money dick around

Oh man this is getting good

The perfect anglo detector

>[faux-smug intensifies]
This is so transparent.

Have a nice day.

Lmao, you're fucking stupid. Just because you've got a few business classes doesn't mean you're a hotshot who understands how all businesses function. Fancy restaurants charge higher prices to offset the lower volume of a high end restaurant. This means that they rely on repeat customers and whales to maintain a profit. A key part of maintaining those clients is keeping the establishment in line with the expectations of the customers, which means removing undesireables, or at least dissuading them from eating there.

>Funny names on whitish squares
Is this the power of American craft cheese?

>buy a fondue
>at table make a scene because you don't want a fondue anymore but some sort of retarded pile of shit
>wooooooooooow
I can see why blogging was his venting strategy.

What is tetilla.

>All the autist stand and clap as the person who asks for ketchup gets thrown out
Is this the image your restraunt wants?

That's not what would happen and you know it.

Calm down, Stephan.

It's called freedom, which is something the Europedo's have never been comfortable with, why they create nanny state governments, and have restaurants telling customers what they can and can't eat.

How about your point?

Food consumption is not only a matter of knowledge and trained palate. It is not even just a matter of taste. There are emotional factors to consider. Fuck my idiocy if I ever turn down someone's request because it doesn't fit the quality standard and it turns out they can't eat x food a certain way because of their triggers. Sure, maybe they just don't know how to eat. If some of you are so hell-bent on serving everything just right, why don't you get out of the kitchen and politely try to "educate" the savages?

>I'll make you a medium rare and serve you myself - if you honestly don't like it, I'll make you one well-done, slather it in ketchup, hell, I'll even dump a vat of cheese slices on top, compliments of the chef.

You shame them into knowledge and even if it backfires, the other patrons have seen your polite ways and would now reconsider their future choices.

2many retards to educate them all

No place ever do that in France. That article is bullshit.

>calling cheese not from Gouda, Gouda.
ISHYGDDT

It's a silly named off white cheese from Spain. In fact, a lot of cheeses from Europe have silly names if you know enough to get the translation. Are you from the English Commonwealth?

Waiters act like assholes, but I'm absolutely sure that they are told to do that to act "european". If you know your shit, they act normally. I asked for beef tar tar one time and he got surprised and told me that if I knew that was "raw meat". After that he started acting a lot more professional.

>everyone relaxes slightly as the boorish asshole who was arguing with the waiter gets asked to leave, and enjoys their romantic date/business dinner/fine dining experience in peace
yes, i think this is exactly the image a nice restaurant would want

>Causing a tense situation in the first place by telling a paying customer that their order isn't good enough.
I hope there are no employees who count on your for their livelihoods. Cuz you suck at reality.

The fact that store owners and restaurants have the freedom to tell people to gtfo should be a bonus in your eyes, you classless american hick.

What I love about this is that they will never say "A baker has to make a gay wedding cake," but they will say "a chef has to make a well done steak." Which is it? Which one is freedom and which one is oppression?

>Leftist always ALWAYS assume that being offended about a given behavior implies that you want to use the state to ban that behavior
>Because this is how THEY respond to EVERYTHING that offends them
The irony of your delusions aren't amusing anymore. Its just one more way that you're a worthless person.

>The Europedo is seething with rage at being once again BTFO by his superior American post

No one has any idea what you are talking about. Obviously you decide who you do business with, no "state" involved.

nice subtle meme there xD

I've seen "no refunds on well done meat" or something like this at steakhouses in the US. Seems pretty reasonable, they inform you that it won't taste well and that it's your fault for ordering it.

I thought americans were proud about being able to discriminate against everybody, isn't that why those signs hang in literally every store?
honestly I think the main issue is that americans are cunts, through and through. Thank god you mostly interact with eachother.

It also makes sense in that if its undercooked, they can always throw it on the grill for a bit more.
If its overcooked and you ORDERED it that way, then they can't undo it.

Yeah, and nobody said anybody should be "forced" to do anything.

The reason you brought the idea of "being forced to" and gay wedding cakes into the conversation is because you think about these things entirely in terms of laws (government power).

I know. It says tons about your mentality and its embarrassing. But its too late to deny it now.

>calls freedom of choice "discrimination"
>Europedo
It checks out.

What is this retarded writing?

>This and this happened
>Just kidding

And who the fuck makes a big deal out of it and calls it "fonduegate", he seems like a narcissistic brat.

The shopkeepers seem trustworthy though, I'd rather have someone deny me something that doesn't fit me than try to sell me anything I'll buy no matter how it fits.

Depends on the business.

Maintaining a good brand image by turning away shit customers and only accepting high value customers at a premium is a feasible business practice.

It's not always a good strategy to be a jack of all trades and do anything the customer asks for, as in doing so you may devalue yourself in the eyes of the better long term value customers

Why are you talking about laws and "government power?" Does it have something to do with the article in the OP being about France? I see literally no connection between what you are saying and the convo you are replying to.