What are your favorite ways to season/top white rice?

what are your favorite ways to season/top white rice?

Other urls found in this thread:

geniuskitchen.com/recipe/turkish-pilaf-with-vermicelli-sehriyeli-pilav-424105
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

anise
cardamom
cinnamon
bay leaf

butter or gravy.

Lots and lots of butter

tendies/nuggers/popcorn chicken

None. I usually make some kind of stew or curry with rice.

butter + abc sweet soy sauce + sesame seeds + fried onion + lao gan ma chicken flavour chili

+ chives, if you happen to have some

>not eating brown rice

what about fish sauce?

Butter and cayenne pepper

Nothing

Seriously

Salt + MSG + bay leaf or star anise or cardamom depending on what you're having it with

Shit the fuck up.

Plain white rice is great. A little salt or soy sauce depending on the meal or mood. What I like to do is essentially make a “sushi bowl”. I break up a sheet of seaweed on top, some avocado, imitation crab, and diced cucumber. Mix the rice with rice vinegar and I’m all set.

good answer

>extra crispy media assets
On the other hand, ummmph that looks so good

cum. lots and lots of cum

Korean poverty way
>Soy sauce, sesame oil, gochu jang 고추장, and if its available Butter.
Now if you really have some money
>Top with a fried egg and green onion

Wl change your lives

soy, sesame oil and gochujang is god tier, god I love that paste

Yes !!!! furikake has changed my rice life!!!!! The tamago one is good too !

Rice seasoning is for degenerates

some butter and a bit of salt and cayenne pepper

or

kim chi

THIS!

Soya sauce, because I don't gove a fuck.

I just sprinkle a punch of salt in the water while its boiling and eat it like that.

>lmao get a pressure cooker or something

I like the old fashion ways.

This shit.
I want more people to start buying it so that it becomes as cheap as it is in China.
Seriously a tablespoon (or two) of this and a cup of white rice is one of the most delicious, filling, cheap meals known to mankind.

this is the best shit, i fucking put it on everything

crack open an egg right on top of rice fresh out of the pot and then add some salt n black pepper

came to post this. Also great with a some of pic related mixed in.

Not even the Chinese would call spiced white rice an entire meal. Step up, white boi. Also, it's cheap as fuck at Chinese grocery stores.

I don't like to put seasoning on rice because that usually makes it too spicy. Sometimes I'll add a bit of mayonnaise to give it a bit more textural depth.

I eat white rice with an umeboshi.

don't just make up words, user.

My nigga

Gomenasai

Cilantro
Furikake
Sesame seeds

gasuntheit

turmeric
garlic powder
smoked paprika
black pepper
cumin

a little of all that

i just put garlic powder and salt in the boiling water.

sometimes when im especially lazy i make a giant pot of white rice, throw in some black beans and salsa and just eat off that for a few days

Butter
Szechuan Sauce
Worcestershire sauce
Green Peas and/or Corn

how do i properly cook rice? it always comes out as mush

Wash and rinse it a few times.
Use less water.
I generally use a ratio of 1 cup of rice to 1.5 cups of water.

garlic and evoo

Wash and rinse it enough. Obviously you use too much water. Water stops one fingertip/phalanx above the rice.

I dunno what happened, but rice at this point makes my stomach feel a bit sour and me almost gag. I used to fucking love it.

A cup is not a unit of measurement you retarded shart in mart

1 part rice to 1.5 part water (volume)
wash it
lightly salt
bring it to the boil
reduce heat to lowest you can, and simmer for 13 minutes with lid on
remove from heat and rest for 15 minutes
fluff it with a fork

Just because your local sharia council says measuring in cups is haram doesn't mean that everyone has to live that way. In America, we can use metric or cups or whatever we want. Get this, we don't even have sharia councils or immigrant assimilation using our wives and daughters like you do!

>what are your favorite ways to season/top white rice?
For hispanic foods, like pairing with a black bean soup or picadillo or vaca frita, I'll drizzle olive oil and a chopped onion into the cooking water, with copious sea salt.

For mexican pairing, I'll do the mix-in of lime juice, salt, pepper and minced cilantro when fluffing it. Or, for more flavor, I'll add a can of Festival Rotel to the cooking water (add tomatoes, and then measure the remaining tomato juice in the can), add a garlic clove chopped, and half an ear of corn kernels. Warning, rotel can be pretty damn spicy hot, so paired with something not overly hot too.

For indian food, I make a rice w/lentil recipe from his Merchant's Passionate Meals. Before the cooking water, I'll saute a bay leaf, salt, a cinnamon stick, cumin seeds, a cracked pepper onion and garlic in butter. To the cooking water a miniscule amount of red lentils, not even a 1/4cup. There's a nice scent, a mealy fluffiness when the lentils breakdown.

Yea it is.
A cup is ~250ml.

Olive oil parsley herbs

>seasoning white rice
so this... is the power... of western cooking... woah........

hur dur you're so cool

A mixture of fish sauce, thai chilies, garlic, palm sugar and lime juice.

I want to pick up a jar of furikake but I don't know what flavour to pick, which one is the best or most popular?

Don't eat white rice, it's nutritionally deficient.
Brown is superior in every way.

Eating white rice makes me angry but I like brown rice

Sour purple or egg Wasabi

Just follow the directions on the package. The producers of different varieties of rice have spent years formulating the perfect cooking technique for their particular variety of rice.

brown rice is only good if its mixed grain, otherwise the taste just isnt great and it makes me too sleepy

u fuk tard

suspicion

>and it makes me too sleepy
wot

any time i've ever tried to put egg in plain white rice it turns into a weird mush with a disgusting texture, i'm not even a tastelet just a cooklet

Soy sauce

I egg-fry, season it with a creamy bread and butter cheese sauce (extra hot), texturize it with crispy lardon croutons and top it with a deep-fried, chocolate and peanut butter crusted chicken leg. If I have them already made, I finish with a generous sprinkle of candied nuts, otherwise a few cheese slices before I blast it under the grill. Perfection.

Ding ding, winner!

Veggie stock and salt

use only the yolk, its the whites that give it that snot texture

Do you people really put butter on rice?

yes excessive amounts with soy sauce and salt

>white rice

butter + rice used the be the poor people's special treat food in japan and korea in the 1910s to 1950s
butter was expensive though so usually margarine was used instead

That's actually also a tradition in Iran, where rice is traditionally served with most main dishes ....after you pour rice on your plate, you put a teaspoon amount of butter on top of it and press it in with your own spoon to melt and blend it.

egg, unsalted butter, black pepper, salt.

hur dur

scuse?

Throw it in the trash. Rice is disgusting.

this is the pefect methor for the basmati rice I'm buying:
>rinse the rice thoroughly
>put 2 cups of rice and 3 cups of water in a pot, add salt and/or pepper
>bring water to boil and let it steam on low heat for 10minutes (countdown starts immediately after the water begins to boil)
>set aside after 10 minutes and DO NOT lift the lid for another 10 minutes

What's the best way to cook rice in a pot? I am too poor for a rice cooker, so that's out of the question

what do you mean the best way, just cook it and don't open the lid until it's done

molasses

Rate my new Christmas present rice cooker.

Rice cookers are as cheap as $15

geniuskitchen.com/recipe/turkish-pilaf-with-vermicelli-sehriyeli-pilav-424105

You can skip the orzo if you like

salt in the water, small glug of sesame seed oil, and if im feeling fancy i'll put a whole large sheet of nori in to give it natural umami

top with canned albacore mixed with a spoonful of mayo and eat with more nori

looks nice!
i hope you cook lots of delicious rice with it

as a wh*te person I like to drizzle a small dash of water of it.

Just grated cheese

i just pour the juice of whatever salad im eating on it, very tasty

im seriously out of my depth when it comes to using this. like do i get the oil? do I get the little bits? why is it crunchy?

Top of the line/10.

Probably not worth the price, especially for a moon runes edition.

>it's cheap as fuck at Chinese grocery stores

This.

Even if a cup wasn't a standard unit of measurement, it doesn't matter because the context is a ratio of volumes. It's 1.5 times the volume of water as the volume of rice. See? No units necessary.

>white rice

might as well just eat a bowl of sugar.

eat all of it. Closest comparison I can make is like a relish or a pickle (the British/Indian kind)

Is this kind of like unground sambal oelek or something?

Nah. Sambal is water based and uses fresh chilies, this one is oil based and uses dried chilis with the staple sichuan seasonings thrown in.
Very distinct condiments. I vastly prefer this one.