What are some of the most intellectually stimulating twitter accounts?

What are some of the most intellectually stimulating twitter accounts?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/405200126236311554?lang=en
twitter.com/nmgrm
twitter.com/rhystranter
twitter.com/thebookslut
twitter.com/terrypitts
twitter.com/danieljhartley
twitter.com/proustitute
twitter.com/criticalflame
twitter.com/MAOrthofer
twitter.com/ScottEsposito
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/405200126236311554?lang=en

Raindrops, drop tops (drop top)
Smokin' on cookie in the hotbox (cookie)
Fuckin' on your bitch she a thot, thot, thot (thot)
Cookin' up dope in the crockpot, (pot)
We came from nothin' to somethin' nigga (hey)
I don't trust nobody, grip the trigger (nobody)
Call up the gang, they come and get you (gang)
Cry me a river, give you a tissue (hey)
My bitch is bad and boujee (bad)
Cookin' up dope with a Uzi (blaow)
My niggas is savage, ruthless (savage)
We got 30's and 100 rounds too (grrah)
My bitch is bad and boujee (bad)
Cookin' up dope with a Uzi (dope)
My niggas is savage, ruthless (hey)
We got 30's and 100 rounds too (glah)

>it's another "I believe in ancient propaganda, therefore I believe that everyone in the past operated under the same morality and were on the same page everytime on every single issue" episode

Nobody denies that in other eras, privately, other beliefs were held.
The change is that these private ideas have become public.

>ancient propaganda
>>>/pseud/

This is an improvement.

You're naive.

>This is an improvement.

It has its downsides.

inb4 throwing it under the rug because you're one of those pundit tier minds.

I'm just not that stoked with how human communities have been ruled for most of our history.
Although I can see what do you mean for downside, I must admit that I would have been a very unhappy person had I been born even only 300 years ago. The sole thought of being locked in a position for a lifetime, to be a second class citizen, to have no right to desert a meaningless war, being unable to attain any education, being unable to voice those of opinions of yours that are reasonable but still outside of what is commonly believed. That is pure torment to any thinking person.

not an argument

That's clearly an argument.

This is understandable. Truth being told, almost no one here could tolerate a lifetime as a peasant in the XVIII century while knowing what the XXI century looks like. It's just LARPing.

did you just reply to your own post?

Nope.

wait a second is also you?

No. can't you read the screenshot I just posted?

No. The only thing I remember about twitter is that it's where all the namefags on /leftypol/ went to in order to start a circle jerk where they all talk about how plebian the user base of /leftypol/ is, so much for egalitarianism.

The thing is, great minds on both the left and the right point out that if we keep along this trajectory, we'll revert to that very same condition again, or worse, and lose all we gained.
We're going to need something again to a Sphere in Sloterdijkian terms, or it's going to be Islam.

>it's another "I confuse technological progress with modernity again" episode

OFFSET
WHOO WHOO WHOO WHOO WHOO

are you the same as?

My post has nothing to do with technology. I was talking about culture, and the examples I've made make it obvious.

Most of what you mentioned is the result of technological progress.
It resulted in the things you seem most concerned with, like social mobility.
In 19th century Prussia, which was very traditional by most standards, you were able to pursue an education, rise of in the hiarchy and voice opinions differing from the mass. Same for Russia.
American tier "free speech means I must be a heraut" is absolutely retarded, but it's now conceived the only way to have it.

The era after Napoleon, the Restauration, was all about trying to find a balance between technological progress and the ancien regime, but the 1848 modernist chimpouts and after changed everything.

>The sole thought of being locked in a position for a lifetime, to be a second class citizen, to have no right to desert a meaningless war, being unable to attain any education, being unable to voice those of opinions of yours that are reasonable but still outside of what is commonly believed. That is pure torment to any thinking person.
For the most part, thae are all still true.

can we just have a twitter general thread?

>tfw shanley used to be good but now she's too self aware

Shanley is basically "me: an intellectual" the twitter account.

deleted ones

>expecting to get intellectually stimulated in 140 characters.

what a time to be alive

>says all canon is merely ancient propaganda and concocts a strawman regarding individualism as if to refute the OP picture which is talking about the value canon has for culture
>"You're naive."

your brain is a stinker

im sick of this and the chapo guys acting smug and above it all. they all fucking suck and their epic leftism isn't cool.

shanley was never good

nah

It always blows my mind that niggers are only 13% of the US population

Indeed, but it has become a real possibility to drop out of society. A jungle of instincts, ideas, cement, and grudges rules just on the backyard of this mighty era.

Plenty of space to share a link.

sorry op twitter stock is going down and never coming back up, no amount of viral marketing is going to change that

wint
@dril

this. the only intellectually interesting thing to come out of twitter is how @dril can be so consistently and unrelentingly funny for so long without anyone cracking his formula

this fag is a fucking pseud magnet. please may all the pea-brains get their ideas from him so they're subtracted from my equation

>multiple daily tweets since 2009
>never breaks character
>cutting edge, abstract humor that predates edgy "lol so ironic" reddit humor
Who is this God?

Twitter is literally Reinforcement of Capitalism: The Platform.

wtf this thread is still up but the thread about cucks, nofap, and one weird trick to last longer in bed got hotpocketed

twitter is accelerating and normalising social decline at a rate never before seen

I'd kill for a girl like this

You're better off searching for wisdom in bathroom graffiti.

Uzi like a metal dick in my hand
Magazine like a big testicle gland

sounds like some old school ice cube, he used to go hard before he went hollywod

Weird Catholic Twitter is a blast.

is he... dare i say it... /our guy/?

This is my girlfriend. You don't want this.

twitter.com/HakonRotmwrt

I like this fella, he put me onto Arthur Kroker
twitter.com/nmgrm

parts of it are certainly but there's a lot of leftside voices and organizing too

Theory: When @dril's twitter icon is totally blurred he will loose his powers.

*yawn* yeah sure thing bro. How horrible. Instead we should urge for bread lines and hospitals without soap like the Venezuelan comrades do.

>converting to catholic eastern orthodox
autist

twitter.com/rhystranter

twitter.com/thebookslut

twitter.com/terrypitts

twitter.com/danieljhartley

twitter.com/proustitute

twitter.com/criticalflame

twitter.com/MAOrthofer

twitter.com/ScottEsposito

lmao

trap just isnt about the lyrics man

Still though, as much as I dislike trap I do think that is a solid song

-san go on chapo

@kantbot10k is erudite af tbqh senpai

before I opened this tweet, I knew exactly what it was gonna be.

does anyone else feel like the meat of most jokes on twitter are almost exclusively

a) the derision of an outgroup
b) the feeling of validation and group inclusion you get just from "getting the joke"

and that if you were to remove these components from the joke, or alter them such that they were applicable to different groups, the people who allegedly found them funny would suddenly no longer find them funny, even though the "joke" is identical?

the best example i've seen which illustrates this is pic related, where you could literally change a single word ("conservative" to "labour") and absolutely everyone who liked it would suddenly hate it, even though it's an identical joke

this suggests to me that people don't actually find the joke funny, and that the goal in writing a successful twitter joke isn't to write the funniest joke but the one most people want OTHER people to see on THEIR timeline.

this style of humor strikes me as insanely narcissistic, the jokes are only enjoyed for how they validate/identify you, the actual joke itself isn't what is enjoyed, it's more of a way to preemptively defend your views by being able to say "it's just a joke :)))))"

i honestly think if you've laughed at anything in 2017 that you have severe personality issues, a sense of humor was something to be valued in a person, it's now a red flag

People in the past read the same books. None of the smart young people I know read these books, they read in a fractured obsessive way and mostly from non-literary sources.

@dril

these type of people value their 'self' and their identity much higher than anything else: the internet has instilled such intense narcissism that they can't even comprehend their ideas maybe being wrong.
all they do is sit on around and soak in memes (internet and literal) reinforcing their groupthink.
they will never willingly challenge their worldview because they don't perceive their worldview as a set of information that they agree with: they intertwine it with their identity. critiquing their worldview is the same as personally insulting them.

Yes. Rene Girard warned us about this.

There was a shared underlying worldview (i.e. Classical Christianity) that has been systematically destroyed starting with the Protestant Reformation

that's interesting, i've had rene girard on my backlog for a while now

which of his works would you recommend? also where specifically does he warn us about this?

Is there really such a thing as a Continental Thomist?

When the ashes are two, a flame alighteth...

You just don't like it because you're a stupid triggered conservatard lol

@vgr

I'll see myself out now

> alright, I'll see what all the e-hype is about
> make twitter account
> start following recommended users
> BLEEP BLOOP ACCOUNT LOCKED GIMME YOUR DAMN PHONE NUMBER

into the trash it fucking goes

people give twitter their phone number just to fucking browse the site? baka

dont ever make a twitter thread again on Veeky Forums

this is just how people think. it's how people have thought for decades, even centuries. only now do we finally see how fucking disgusting and retarded humans fundamentally are. and all the platitudes you were taught in school have new meaning, because simple things like fairness and rational thought are completely missing in the masses.

>i honestly think if you've laughed at anything in 2017 that you have severe personality issues

Bit of an escalation at the end there m8