Did Chaucer browse Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kek_(mythology)
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=kek,top kek
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=top lel,top kek
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Plus his obsession with cucking

Brékkek Kékkek Kékkek Kékkek! Kóax Kóax Kóax!

This is the sound "kek"
4chinners mean for their "kek" to be a mistype of "lol". Like adding the "1" at the end of exclamation points with a "2" or "5" or something
Example.
>REEEE!!!!!!11119

kek is what Alliance players saw when Horde players typed 'lol' in World of Warcraft, you retard. The term probably originated on /v/ or something

>this much of a newfaggot
Its from a game you mongoloid, wont tell you which and you should stop posting at all

The fat lesbian isn't new just inept

How do you mistype lol as kek when the e is on the left side of the keyboard and all the other letters are on the right. Pls leave again for good.

>Plays WoW
>I'm the retard
If true, I was misled. That's ignorance, not stupidity. Back to Minecraft with you

Lol -> lel -> kek

Kek is a mistype of lel which is a mistype of lol

It's just a more satisfying sound to imagine

Nah it's stupidity, see

Notice I used the past tense there. I played WoW 6-8 years ago when I was a teenager and also browsed /v/. Don't try to explain away your newfaggotry and retardation.

this is retarded, and I saw kek being used on this site long before lel

It comes from Starcraft and WoW. It was Korean thing and a translation in game of lol.

This is true. It's also true that it had a niche among WoW players long before, but its widespread use didn't originate there.

Hole.

>This is true. It's also true that it had a niche among WoW players long before, but its widespread use didn't originate there.

So I leave this still not sure which story is right.
Is it important?
No.

Yes, don't forget jej which also has it's moment in the sun and totally backs up this guys theory. I dunno what's up with all the smooth operators from /wsg false flagging with their made-up WOW origin story.

Newfags GET OUT. Kekekeke is the Korean version of hahahaha, which became known in the West through Starcraft.

Oh please, I knew that story and I never an massive multiplayer game

>calls butters new
you just outed yourself fag
now you have to go back

>all the newfags in this thread
kys bitch
kys virgin

Nope is right.

on Veeky Forums kek came directly from lel

t. meme historian

Both explanations are valid. Some people started using it thinking it was a misspelling of lel, while others started using it thinking it was a reference to WoW

Hm.. not sure if shitposting or not, but that's not it.

It's stupidity because you claimed knowledge of some inane internet slang in a condescending tone and even gave an example which was also miss-used. Why dont you take a break from posting.... for a long while?

Bunch of anons just backed me up. Tell them. I'm beyond caring.

Seems I remembered it fairly right. You imagine condescension, user. You projected your own hurt feelings. Ironic that it's you that need some time away. Feel better, mang.

cant be bothered to quote all your other posts but, why do you say you dont care and act disinterested yet keep responding? I am actually interested.

Then don't post about it in the first place.

Four posts. It keeps going. It asks for a fifth post.

Let it go.

Get the fuck out you stupid cunt. Your "contributions" are always either wrong or worthless.
>tripnigger
>retarded
>ignorant in general and ignorant of board culture
>trys to make fun of people who know anything about board culture
Worst poster imaginable.

It's from Aristophanes' play 'The Frogs'. It's the sound the frogs make.

There ya go

>tfw zerg rush kekekeke was a meme far before World of Warcuck was even a product
get off this board underage fag

again, you could have let it go as well. what gives?

How can someone manage fucking 1300 pages of this?

I had to quarter my reading speed to understand it.

that's 'Koax koax brekeke' but it's not what posts on Veeky Forums reference. Do you seriously think a term used on /v/ is gonna reference an Athenean play?

fucking Kek indeed.

What in the actual fuck am I reading? Am I surrounded by summerfags all of a sudden? I've only been here for like 4 years and even I know that it came from Starcraft. Jesus Christ guys. It's practically the most widespread and ingrained 'meme' on this entire site and yet you are oblivious to it's roots. I'm disappointed in you all...

And you stop your tactful shitposting, Butters. The newfags aren't bright enough to see it for what it is.

The fact that starcraft autists used it before is coincidental, just like its use in the Frogs.

>check up on Veeky Forums after doing other shit for a year
>buttfly is still here
>now has a tripcode
Nigga just stop. I sincerely hope you realize some day that you're just wasting your and everyone else's time trying to make a name for yourself on a fucking imageboard of all places.
Imma block you again now.

Praise Kekistan! looool

No it's not 'coincidental'. It was an intentional reference by Blizzard.

The fact that Blizzard autists used it before is coincidental too.

It was an intentional reference to it being what Koreans say instead of lol (ㅋ) as there was a massive Starcraft following in Korea. The horde thing is a reference to that.
>kekekeke zerg rush

nb ㅋ is technically just the 'k' sound so sometimes they just write 'kkkkkk' but 'kek' is an alternative translation.

Exactly. Now somebody summon Moot so he can settle this dispute once and for all.

It is among the earliest recorded use of the meme in a primitive form. The "kikiki" ottomottopea is an imitation of cokkou or dok sounde. Not mean'd by folkmen fahr past but meme'd by biologe and the fysical doings of the throats of men.

Aristophanes would have been a shitposter

They can just google it, even reddit knows more about it than they seem to.

>Veeky Forums is supposed to be an intellectual board
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kek_(mythology)

yeah everybody knows your /pol/ meme it's just not even worth mentioning at this point

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

this is a good post

dumb fat lesbian

>not playing the most Veeky Forums MMO during it's hey day

stupid bint

This is all wrong btw

It isn't specifically inspired by wow. People originally started delibrately mis-spelling lol as lel, and then eventually to any old constanant/vowel/constanant. Hence, kek, jej, wew etc.

The lesbian is actually correct.

you are wrong, is right

>making me do your memeology homework for you
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=kek,top kek

Here we can see that the modern resurgence of kek is pretty much concurrent with it's use as part of the Top ___ meme. Therefore we can hypothesize that if the modern use of kek is a mutation of lel, top lel should precede top kek

trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=top lel,top kek

I thought it was just an onomatopoeia for that sound you make when something's funny, but you don't laugh out loud, you just make that little "kek" sound in the back of your throat.

careful not to fuse with that armchair nerd

Did you call me?

>cokkou

actually it comes from korean laughter

"kek" is an old /v/ meme taken from blizzard games
somewhere along the road, /sp/ started mispelling "lol" as "lel", which eventually mutated into [s4s]'s "top lel", referring to the cake. "top kek" is a variant of it

dumb commie tripfag bitch