Jesus of Nazareth

>Jesus of Nazareth

What the fuck was his problem?

The roman state and the evils that develop wheb living in squalor

Ideology

Daddy issues

Jesus was actually fond of the Roman Empire, it was its Pagan ruling principles he despised

What kind of dumb fucker would hate the Roman State? Is this the alternative Jesus was so adamant about? What a shit idea that was

judaism

what are you racist? everyone knows israel is the only legitimate state

He hated injustice and hypocrisy but was kind of crazy and thought he would rule Israel along with his disciples. Ended up getting executed by Romans, that was treasonous talk for them.

Unlike you're christfag, in which case he's God.

>circumcised without consent
>raised by cuckold father and demanding, narcissistic mother
>alienated by early feudalist society
I would become a wine-drinking magician too

Being fictional is hard on a guy.
You start saying things several different people said or just thought of.
Money problems. Repressive religious dogmas.

A real shame these books became so popular in Anatolia and Greece. The Vampire Diaries of their day.

Back to tumblr nasty dyke

I'm obviously a dilettante on the matter, but can somebody explain to me why Jesus chose a small religious sect (The Jews) to attach his religion to? The Old Testament has almost nothing in common with his teachings compared to something like Platonism/Neo-Platonism

wow u sure are stupid

Because unlike Platonism which was built on a history of an arbitrary and degenerate pantheon Judaism for all its other flaws aimed to describe a just, loving and absolute God. Which was essential to his message of love and salvation.
Such a message while suggested by Platonism could not be built on the shakey ground of its circus of an ontology

Because he was a jew, genius. All the neoplatonist interpretations came later from the church fathers.

>1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
>3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.

This says it all. There's no beauty like this in the Hellenic faiths

good answer, thanks

Im not well versed in Christianity, but didn't Jesus live and die as a Jew? I thought it was St. Paul (or someone else) that took his teachings and turned it into a proper religion with a well defined doctrine. Jesus never intended to found a religion.

To say he never intended to form a religion is anarchronistic too though. Its more he didn't concern himself with whether it should be regarded as this or that.

In either case his act of radically re-establishing the Jewish ethno-cult into a universal message was always going to be radically Heterodox to the established Judaic faith, a split was inevitable.

Basically. During his life and just after his death they called his teachings "The Way" or something to that effect. Then after he died his disciples spread his teachings which later became Christianity and were pretty much all killed for it.

he never did that though, his followers did after they couldn't get jews to go for a dead messiah they took the show on the road and got credulous european peasants to get on board

Back to ebaums, drab shade of grey flaking lead paint.

>loving and absolute God.
Gods. There's three of them.

>There's no beauty like this in the Hellenic faiths
The story of Demeter and Persephone is far more moving, sensible and impactful. The later Heracles tales are dogshit, but that's not the ancients fault.

Filtered.

>Be a merchant in a sick new temple
>Have premium real estate-- new travelers see my wares the second they enter
>Things are finally turning around in my life
>*crash* *bang*
>Look over and see some asshole flipping tables and smashing my friend's shit
>Guy starts going off on the customers
>Loses his shit
>mfw
>mfw King of the Jews
>mfw he says "be more like me"

not witty nor clever

>ebaums

kek you're really showing your age there Bjork

>do the same thing in any other middle eastern country
>instantly beheaded

>Jesus was actually fond of the Roman Empire
Fake and gay

Absolute nonsense, Christ constantly welcomed and preached towards gentiles. He was unquestionably a universalist

jesus wasn't white

prove it

I think any sufficient reading of the Bible makes it self evidence. The burden is on you to justify why it could be otherwise when you propose a radically heterodox reading

well just point me to those sections and i'll be convinced

>spoonfeeding

Go read the Bible, faggot.

oh so it didn't happen, cool

Yeah gg. You win theology

Good work deflecting questions you can't answer

If you haven't even read a book, you shouldn't be arguing about its contents. Fuck off.

i'm not arguing about the contents of a book i'm arguing about what happened