What do dogs and cats reportedly taste like...

What do dogs and cats reportedly taste like, if it was legal to eat them would you start doing some of your grocery shopping at your local pet store?

Pretty sure it is legal, just highly frowned upon.

Where do you live that it's illegal to eat dogs and cats?

Never had dog but cat tastes like lean pork.

Gamey lamb. There's a reason they're not eaten regularly, they're more useful than they are tasty.

Dog is a darker red meat. Gamey, sort of reminds me of goat. Quite good actually. Cat is a bit lighter meat, maybe like rabbit. If it's an older animal, cat can be stringy/chewey.

It's illegal in the us, look it up.

Naw. Either you put up proofs or no one believes you.

Cats taste horrid
Dog is good tho

Pretty sure it goes under animal abuse

Kill it like other meat food. They can't say it's not food because it's not cannibalism. Other shits think cows are gods or pigs are untouchable, but they eat those. Think it's mainly bleeding heart vaginas on this and not anything legal because I heard about some chink shop that got the cops called on them for a freezer of cat, but they couldn't do shit because it was food.

Cats and dog aren't really good for meat, though, in a pound-for-pound sense. That's why they haven't been domesticated for livestock.

Dog can be a raised luxury meat, because they actually get fairly big and it's actually pretty good. Cat is rabbit or possum: Asian rednecks edition, though.

Well, I don't know about their muscle tissue, but dog semen tastes pretty much like human semen, only a little bit doggy.

>dog semen tastes pretty much like human semen

Not all states. Also, nobody is going to be arrested for cooking coyote or fox meat which is the same thing as dog meat.

legal to eat but not legal to purchase because you need it to be USDA inspected to sell. so if you wanted to try it yourself you'd have to butcher the animal yourself and make sure you are also compliant with animal cruelty laws.

You look it up, you dumb fucking faggot. In most states it's not even though most people, like you, assume it is.
It's illegal to buy, it's illegal to sell, but there's nothing stopping you from taking Old Yeller outside, shooting him, and then butchering and eating him.

I get the curiosity but really why would you want to?
People have done it out of nessesity just like eating rats and frogs (quite nice actually) insects.
But living in a first or second world environment why would you. Far better options available.

Variety.
>better options
Do they also taste like dog?

People eat snails, how does that make any sense? Dogs and cats are more practical than a lot of other things eaten in wealthier countries.

tastes like chicken

Only practical if nothing else is available... which is what i was getting at... other meat sources (pig,cow) are far better yield.
Snails are nice too, not knocking it, however dogs and cats are terrible choices other than being hungry as fuck you need some protein.

I'm pretty sure you would go to prison for a long time in my state if they found out you were raising dogs to kill for food.