You have 10 seconds to name a poem of his that isn't The Raven without googling

You have 10 seconds to name a poem of his that isn't The Raven without googling.

Pro-tip: You fucking can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vzNNA-fC9Nw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>pretending no one here has read Lolita

rime of the ancient mariner, faggot

the bells lol

Lenore
Annabelle Lee
Both within two seconds

Tamerlane. I've never read it though.

Anything Randy Savage ever said

Annabel Lee

good posts

very bad posts

The Conqueror Worm technically counts.

>giving (You)s to every single person in the thread except for me

Hmph!

I can name at least a dozen sorry stories but not another poem. I haven't read him since middle school though.

Annabelle Lee

Annabelle Lee is literally my favorite poem to read out loud.

Anabel Lee
youtube.com/watch?v=vzNNA-fC9Nw

Once upon a midnight weary while I pondered weak and wear
Upon that ancient Plutonian shore of the lost Lenore
There I stumbled in a dreary through the mists of wine and cherry
On that short-felt heart's shore
Quothst't'dve the Raven - Nevermore.

>tfw I once said I liked Poe's poetry to a cute girl and she thought I said Pope and once I clarified it she looks disappointed then snubbed me for the rest of the night
didn't expect these feels again

This one is my favorite.

>But see, amid the mimic rout. A crawling shape intrude! A blood-red thing that writhes from out. The scenic solitude! It writhes!- it writhes!- with mortal pangs the mimes become its food

she sounds like a hipster pseud
whenever you encounter hipsters you always just one-up them since they don't care about anything other than appearances anyways
should have negged her for liking someone as mainstream as Pope and then clarified that you liked Poe because of his relation to an obscure poet she's never heard of blah blah blah [just start making stuff up at this point]

The Haunted Palace

i havent read his poetry but The Man in The Crowd and The Murder on the Rue Morgue were good

I mean, it turned out she was writing her doctoral thesis on Pope. Later she started hooking up with my twin sister too, which was doubly embarrassing.

Do you live in a hipster soap opera?

Israfel

which actually is a really good poem that nobody knows about.

My sister and I rented a flat together (with one of her other friends) for a few years while I was at uni.

You have ten seconds to name a poem of his.

Kek 10/10 post m8. I think a lot of people on Veeky Forums probably live in something akin to a hipater soap opera.

I'm fairly certain that Annabelle Lee is just as famous as The Raven.

Ode to the West Wind is pretty great. Shelley is definitely one of my favorite poets.

Ozymandias
Queen Mab
Revolt of Islam
Prometheus Bound

Conqueror Worm
Annabel Lee
Lenore
Israfel

All in ten seconds

post sister

A dream within a dream

Annabel Lee is a Poe poem. Rime of the Ancient Mariner is Coleridge.

>Post of the Nascent Redditor

fall of the house of usher

Mariner is Coleridge and Annabel Lee is Poe.

Why do the Europeans love this faggot so much? Is his work less obnoxious in translation?

Uh... Jackie Chan?

who doesn't like The Raven?
wtf is wrong with you people

it's not even edgy

Probably because he's a pretty good writer to be honest.

The Wasteland

I feel like an idiot whenever I try to read Poe because I find him so unbelievably dull. I like the stories of his that everyone likes - Mask of the Red Death, the Telltale Heart, etc. - but most else is tedium.

Ok.
I think he has a sophisticated use of symbolism, I like the atmosphere of his writing, and the language with which he creates them.

Lolita is Nabokov

A dream within a dream

lenore