>feminist theory
>female """intellectuals"""
Not even once.

Other urls found in this thread:

macsphere.mcmaster.ca/handle/11375/13808
thelastpsychiatrist.com/2011/08/grade_inflation.html
jacobitemag.com/2017/07/11/humanities-against-humanity/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Feminist women (like here) dominate the publishing and agent world, which is probably why so many good books are going unpublished nowadays. That's why we get Hunger games ripoff #1167, and Milk and Honey

Heh

I just don't understand it, man. I am reading these feminist theory texts, theses, and articles, and all I see is the same stuff (like in the OP) repeated all over again. I thought it was a meme before I started reading it, but it's all true.

I swear to god, it's all about sex, vaginas, rape and these mystical female interpretations of the world which are linked to their lack of voice under the patriarchy.

It must be so easy being a feminist critic. You just learn these few points and apply them to every text you read...

Yeah, absolutely what I had in mind.

Neat, yet another woman-bashing thread.

Big guys! Big brains! Big swinging Dicks! Ha ha! No man has every wrote anything preposterous are ridiculous! Ha Ha! Nope!

post the article

I love Women Hate Threads, Veeky Forums Edition

I am reading pic related right now and it is extremely interesting. bell hooks is unironically a good feminist theorist if you are one of those brainlets who insist that everything be written in so-called plain English and require no prior knowledge (which, by the way, is in fact a politicized claim but we won't get into that). If you want an actual way in to feminist theory, don't read fucking Irigaray. Start with de Beauvoir. Not that you will, because this is just another pointless misogyny thread most likely started by a /pol/ refugee.

>Veeky Forums is afraid of feminist intellectuals
In the words of one of the smartest persons alive, Judith Butler:
The move from a structuralist account in which capital is understood to structure social relations in relatively homologous ways to a view of hegemony in which power relations are subject to repetition, convergence, and rearticulation brought the question of temporality into the thinking of structure, and marked a shift from a form of Althusserian theory that takes structural totalities as theoretical objects to one in which the insights into the contingent possibility of structure inaugurate a renewed conception of hegemony as bound up with the contingent sites and strategies of the rearticulation of power.

I bet none of you idiots can even understand feminist phenomenology.

This would be perfect if one of them was just "Um I have a bf"

That reads like a parody of continental philosophy written by an analytic. Horrendous writing.

I warned you

macsphere.mcmaster.ca/handle/11375/13808

I am sorry you got triggered, girls, but the truth is, all I've read so far has been nothing but regurgitation of the same few key topics I listed above.

Feminism died when dykes became a thing.

>I bet none of you idiots can even understand feminist phenomenology.
Because it is multitudinous, labyrinthine, simultaneous, unlike the narrowly-focused, phallocentric male one?

What have you read so far?

But Irigaray is perfect if you want some bullshit to laugh at, which is what this is obviously all about

>I am sorry you got triggered
It's funny to me that "anti-feminists" use this kind of language. You made a lazy topic bashing women clearly because you are, in fact, the one who is "triggered". Also, I am a cis straight white man.

>all I've read so far
What have you read so far?

>That reads like a parody of continental philosophy written by an analytic. Horrendous writing.
>Woman oppresses me with them big words and I have no reading comprehension the post

I bet you didnt even get into college.

Last 3 essays I read:
>“Not to Die, but to Survive”: The Construction
of Female Voice in Isabel Allende’s The House of
the Spirits by Emily Thomson
>Studying the Hyphen: Mother-Daughter Relationships in Selected Works by
Amy Tan by Nicola Adcock
>Women, a Dark Continent? The Poisonwood Bible
as a Feminist Response to Conrad’s Heart
of Darkness by Héloïse Meire

I can list more of them. I haven't read any ''top dogs'' or anything, just theses, articles, and essays from various people, like I said in the OP. It was all the same thing just repeated over and over again.

It's because no one here has even tried it. I mean the vocal majority of woman haters of course.

I read The Poisonwood Bible; what a shit book desu

>using word cis
You mean normal, though? Neck yourself.

Using big words is meaningless of you have nothing to say, or if you could be clear and concise instead.

>Adcock

>I can list more of them. I haven't read any ''top dogs'' or anything, just theses, articles, and essays from various people, like I said in the OP.
Feminist theory is a specific category of academic discourse. Would you attempt to learn about philosophy of language by reading random articles and essays by various people while ignoring significant and foundational texts? What are you trying to accomplish with your reading and also with this thread? (Honest question because I didn't actually expect you to have read anything at all desu.)

I meant normal, of course. It's just that that word has recently been thrown around me a lot and has unfortunately seeped into my vocabulary.

Just admit you don't get it pal. I can spoonfeed you.

cont. Also, just wanted to concede that LOTS of feminist criticism is extremely lazy and unnecessary but that doesn't mean none of it is worth reading. Some of it is genuinely really fucking cool.

The vast majority of literary criticism is garbage, especially when it's motivated by academic publish-pressure. This is not restricted to women.

There's nothing to get, that paragraph is just an academic fart. You shills are only making feminist theory seem even more contemptible.

>Would you attempt to learn about philosophy of language by reading random articles and essays by various people while ignoring significant and foundational texts?
Most of them cite, quote, and reference previous works anyway. I can just go to them and check it. And the essays I read and listed were all done within the academic circles and published in collections like Bloom's Modern Critical Interpretations and other collections of essays. I don't see the issue.

>What are you trying to accomplish with your reading and also with this thread?
I am trying to see for myself if what I heard on Veeky Forums is true, by reading it. I don't want to be a total pseud.
And by making this thread I am saying that the memes not that far from reality.

I guess so. Academia gone to shit.

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2011/08/grade_inflation.html

This is the reason OP, it's not just women indeed.

Your display of anti-intellectualism is typical for a nu/pol/fag fresh off the boat from the stormfront and r/TheDonald, always demanding for things you already agree with.

>Most of them cite, quote, and reference previous works anyway. I can just go to them and check it. And the essays I read and listed were all done within the academic circles and published in collections like Bloom's Modern Critical Interpretations and other collections of essays. I don't see the issue.
To this point I'll only say that this is true for the vast majority of literary criticism feminist or otherwise.

>I am trying to see for myself if what I heard on Veeky Forums is true, by reading it. I don't want to be a total pseud.
And by making this thread I am saying that the memes not that far from reality.
I admire your effort, but I don't think you've given feminist theory a fair shake. The theory is a toolkit which you then apply to the text via criticism. You are reading the application without first understanding the tools. It's not as simple as googling the references for some vague understanding of the theoretical framework being applied.

HAHAHAH
>Oh no, he called out on the bullshit some modern sophist wrote, therefore he's against all forms of knowledge! Better start calling him names!

>To this point I'll only say that this is true for the vast majority of literary criticism feminist or otherwise.
Well, yeah. I never said otherwise.

>You are reading the application without first understanding the tools.
And what are the tools you speak of?

Just stop man, he's just messing with you like a Marxist saying actual communism was 'never tried' and people just to 'understand'.

Just calling it bullshit is not enough though.
You should be able to explain why you reject it or retire in your humiliation.

I just want to know what the tools are besides those I can deduce from reading their application. I guess he could be fucking with me ayy.

>tfw it's almost 10 PM
Gotta sleep, mango.
I-I'll read the archived thread tomorrow at least.

Good night, Veeky Forums.

She's just using fancy words to describe the transition of money from a neutral, machine-like tool towards.. something else, it's indecipherable. There's nothing but academic 'uhmms' and 'ahhhs'.
I'm not going to waste any more time with your shilling, have a good night.

God it's so true. I have good relationships with the women in my life, but it's still so painfully true

Maybe it's because they're all taught from a young age whenever these kinds of projects came up that they were "supposed to" talk about gender or had some kind of weird duty. That's certainly the way it was presented in my high school and I think it carries on into higher education.

That the application reflects poorly on the tools doesn't make it less representative of the drivel academia puts out, which is what anyone means when they mention critical theory
desu

Sure, stay uneducated. Also its actually talking about the transition of society and relationships between the societal classes.

It could actually be talking about Superman, who knows

In other words, when the Jews took over the movement.

Academese isn't characterized by verbosity. It's characterized by verbosity in combination with poor control of the language. This is why writers like Foucault and Lacan are a delight to read if you enjoy a challenge, but their descendants are a completely pointless headache, because they inanely copy the style of the masters without any kind of insight into why the structuralists and post-structuralists wrote in the way they did.

>Deframing the Paradigm: Queer Reoperationality in Saussurean Socio-Diachronism by Patricia Ellard
>Phallic Territories: Navigating the Microtopology of Sexual Syncretic Hierarchies in Goethe's Faust by Michelle Hoffman Till
>Erotic Instantiations: Cultural Anti-Articulation, Exogendered Immanence, and the Economy of Bioterritorialization by Susanne Zaman al-Hashim

Highly recommended 2bh

>members of a movement against female oppression talk about female oppression
Are you surprised that capitalists talk about value, supply and demand or that KKK talks about whitness and niggers?

>doesn't actually name the projects the males choose for comparison

Kek.

>Judith Butler
What does he know about feminist intellectuals, he was a presenter on top gear.

>have good relationships with women
Why? Serious question, what do you hope to get out of it.

jacobitemag.com/2017/07/11/humanities-against-humanity/

thank god for social constructionists today denying all of this bullshit

>>feminist theory
its not that i dont want equality, but a lot of feminist theory is hypocritical. like, you arent supposed to include biological differences when you hire someone, which is stupid but whatever. but then if i say im a feminist and ill punch both men and women in the face, they get mad.

I don't hope to get anything out it, I have generally terrible relationships with the women I want to have relationships with, because of jealousy and neuroticism. Which I think is what you're getting at, which is fair enough.

But I've got a lot of good female friends that I respect and who have perspectives on a lot of problems that I, being male, might not have considered.

Proponents of feminist theory, for all their railing against social frameworks that engender unjust hierarchies and arbitrary elitism, really like to shame people for their lack of formal education. I see this shit all the time. I swear if you shocked one part of their brains they'd go full Veeky Forums and start quantifying human value with IQ scores.

Do they really? Or rather are tired to defend themselves from attacks from people who absolutely have no idea what they are talking about? Can't blame them that formal education is pretty much considered synonym for intelligence.

Though it's ironic too, given how women were robbed of the opportunities to acquire it for centuries.

> Though it's ironic too, given how women were robbed of the opportunities to acquire it for centuries.
Wow that is SO unfair! Those mean old white men just weren't getting any pussy, so they barred them from their schools out of spite and fear of the emancipated female mind! That must be the reason! It is pure coincidence that studying the humanities is now a joke amongst both the educated and uneducated due to the massive surplus of useless (predominantly female) """arts""" grads!

>Or rather are tired to defend themselves from attacks from people who absolutely have no idea what they are talking about?
Attacking someone from the position that they haven't done adequate research to draw coherent conclusions is a long ways away from attacking them because they didn't go to college. You can't really conflate them, so when you say "I bet you didn't even go to college," the message that comes across is nowhere near "You clearly aren't familiar with the subject you're attacking." It reeks of elitism instead of being a call for intellectual honesty, because the implication is that you could only know what you're talking about if you've traversed the orthodox channels.

I'm going to go on a limb and guess that the Allende here is for Isabel Allende in which case, no shit, do you seriously expect a good analysis on an author for teenagers.

Also I could bet real money on this being a high-school paper.

Don't much care for next level feminist theory desu but this nonsense about multitudinous female phenomenology reminds me of something I read in Russ Hurlburt's book about phenomenology and psychopathology in which he found out bulimic women do have a literally multitudinous inner experience. Interesting coincidence.

Book is called Investigating Pristine Inner Experience. It's fascinating.

To publish a book in this day and age is easy; to have it noticed is where the industry dies.

>her name is butler
>i can tell her to get back in the kitchen without it necessarily being construed as sexist

>her name is butler
>like hitler only instedad of hit she has a butt
haha wow i bet she poops too

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP

You're right just it's not a very realistic expectation given the average tone of such discussions that are between "you're a slut because you had a boyfriend before marriage" vs "you're an idiot without a college degree".

does she need to invoke the authority of former feminist literati with every sentence?
what kind of cult are these people running?

>get called out that the paragraph is meaningless trite
>"you don't understand, it's very deep"
>proceeds to name call without denying anything said

I dont usually do this, but this is clearly not an argument

Not even reading anything ITT but feminist theory has radically influenced the direction of the social sciences and humanities It has largely been accepted in these fields and isn't going anywhere.
Quit complaining and get used to it.

love butler

The fuck did I just read?

maybe if feminists would change their approach. i can read nin or woolf and enjoy their art. but there are feminists that want to prove themselves so bad they harden up to be harder than a dudebro. every discussion has to feel like youre doing a mexican standoff. it doesnt matter how much more versed you are if you cant lighten up to even joke or take the ideas less seriously. that means youre all fancy academic words and no synthesis. that means you dont understand what you study too well.

also wouldnt being manlier than a man be considered detrimental to feminism from the start? to not realize the strengths of the feminine is a lost cause imo. most make up for this by trying to belittle men, theyre not being a feminist at that point, theyre being a pseudo-man. same goes for the opposite

>manly
>feminine
Nigga, this ain't the 18th century.

Is this like an introduction to a body of essays or something? It's not particularly bad.

>hate men
>try your damnedest to look like a man
What do they mean by this

its not that different. explain then

Truth is I have never been interested in anything written by a woman. I don't get out of my way to reject female writers, it's just that all of their writings is too particular to their own experiences. Women can only write about being women, they are either unable or more probably too lazy and complacent to write about universal things.

I have the same issue with most black writers, the only exception is Machado de Assis, who, though he was black, didn't write about being black.

Universal things, like being a man?

>and, of course, it's a Jew
Every time

I don't think you know what you're talking about

Nobody cares about social "sciences" and feminist theory hasn't made a profound impact in philosophy at all, it will probably be lost in the archives of short lived movements

>This assessment
No.

18th century man here. waiting for a reply from the 21st century perspective.

people do care, just not the people in your weird echo chamber.
It has definitely had an impact on philosophy, it may just not in your area. Or you may not read much 'new' stuff.

So did you actually go and read the foundational text or not? Because not then do you actually believe you know what you are talking about? This would be like me saying I know all about Lacan but I've never read anything he wrote, neither have I read the universal interpretation of his work, I've read some meme articles online or in compilation books and I know everything Lacan had to offer.

>short lived movements
national women's day, feminist social services places on every destitute corner, a hegemonic seat in academia, a domination of current popular culture...go to bed.

Modern philosophy is dead. it lives on in the other fields

how does it feel being completely hopeless?
do you like mudkips?

Has Veeky Forums been invaded by sjws from tumblr? What the hell is this thread? Good God.

Abandon hope, all ye who enter!!!!!

isnt the strains of pop culture what feminists are railing against in the first place? commodification of women and so on. so in a way you are saying that for as long as you see women as leading roles on movies and media, its good enough because in actualization of these roles it falls short. you hold capital as deliverance for the shortcomings of women in history? perfectly content with the lie of CGI and photoshop?

>it will probably be lost in the archives of short lived movements
is this a real post on the board for literature where people actually read stuff or at least i'm lead to believe they do through leisurely skimming wikipedia articles

Feminist here

I live in constant fear of the dick. Sometimes I'm worried I can't win against it. That's why I became a lesbian.

who is the guy in the pic?

>reading implies you're smart
>Veeky Forums doesn't seem very smart because these opinions exist...
>maybe no one on Veeky Forums actually reads, instead they skim wikipedia
>yeah that's the rationalization I need!
I hope the Lord has mercy on you

Right on cue, the Angry Hymen Brigade. Enjoy the (you)s, ladies

jk they're actually all fat friend-zoned fedora-wearing beta orbiter neckbeard whiteknight pseuds desperate to be hugged by their cuckqueans before their dates with that sexist neanderthal, Chad, lel

Pretty awkward projecting dude.

>
But I was criticizing the invective feminists use against their critics online.

holy shit that is a lot of buzzwords.