>305
>101
>204
I don't get it, what are these supposed to mean? I don't have these in my country, I know they're increasingly more in depth but what separates 101 from 102 for example and what 10x from 20x?

think of it like a season of a show
>season3episode5
>season2episode1
ect.

Oh, alright.
Still what makes a "season" end and another begin? Is it just arbitrary depending on the teacher?

go back there retard

>Muh noble savage

Steven Pinker utterly destroyed this notion. Thomas Hobbes continues to be right about literally everything

>he doesn't dislike the book's moral because he disagrees with it but because he thinks the idea of civilization is eurocentric
God damn senpai is my lad here even trying?

i'm guessing in the case of crash course, he has a plan to do x amount of videos for a specific series. so i guess a "season 2" of that series would be after a period of time has past since the first seasons completion.

Somebody in another thread pointed out that boarding schools were segregated by gender in those days. Green, as usual, is talking out of his ass.

> in those days
they still are in some parts of the UK, where those boys are from

WHAT?! STEVEN PINKER UTTERLY DESTROYED SJW NOBLE SAVAGES??? THOMAS HOBBES BLEW IGNORANT ROUSSEAU-READING HIPPIES THE FUCK OUT??? WE NEED TO TELL PEOPLE!! PEOPLE ARE STILL STUDYING THIS ROUSSEAU GUY AS A FOUNDATIONAL THINKER AND THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW B A S E D PINKER HAS U T T E R L Y HOLOCAUSTED HIS ARGUMENT!!! WE NEED TO TELL THEM.

QUICK! MAKE A CRINGE COMPILATON THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW!!!

>book written by Englishman
>about English boys
>boys in a traditional English educational system
>criticized for being sexist and eurocentric
I can't wait for my novel about gender fluid students from the U.N. school who create a gender equal, diversity celebrating utopian society to be published and then praised by John FUCKING Green.

and having spent some time as an adolescent boy around other, uncontrolled adolescent boys, Golding is actually optimistic about how well they'd stay civilised, if anything. Fuck John and his sheltered upbringing.

>boarding schools were segregated by gender in those days
This was how it was well into the '60s. No one would really discuss sexism in a book while being this ignorant, would he?

Don't worry my white brother, the red pill is spreading by the day. Just keep memeing

Of course they still have boarding schools separated by sex. How else are they going to encourage latent homosexuality to develop?

My highschool was boys only and it was pretty gay desu

Well if there were girls on the island, they would just end up getting raped pretty much constantly. I'm sure that wouldn't help Golding's case in the eyes of Johnny boy.

>raped
>implying Chad wouldn't just make them his harem bar some sparingly length to his generals

He'd hate it more probably. The girls would be given homemaker tasks, probably blamed for letting the fire go out, and become progressively more passive and subjected by the boys as the story progressed. The more violent boys wouldn't let the women have opinions and since they have no problems with killing men, they'd definitely have no problem raping.

John posits that Golding didn't include women because they'd either be too much of a civilising influence or make him face the truth that women are just as capable of evil as men, which is a pretty obvious case of 'damned if you, damned if you don't'. Whatever he'd have done, John would shit on him for it.

Honestly before now I always ignored JG threads on here thinking that he was probably harmless and liberal in a way I actually agreed with, not worth worrying about but no fuck this man. Fuck him repeatedly.

If there were girls on the island it might've actually been a much deeper critique of civilization and barbarity, but I understand why Golding didn't want to do that because it would get pretty dicey (rape of adolescents is pretty hardcore).
However, memelords like John Green would still hate it because muh sexism.

I dislike Lord of the Flies as well, because I'm not really a Hobbesian, but Jesus this is terrible.

Golding doesn't consider civilization a simple restraining factor. This is evident in the final scene with the soldier, which illustrates that the barbarism on the island is simply a dark mirror which reflects the way the rest of the world functions as well. Golding basically doesn't believe in civilization.

But of course, that's too much for your fifteen minute fast-food analyses to consider different interpretations of the book or even to look at any one scene of the book in particular, and obviously your time is better spent complaining about how a book about an all-boys boarding school doesn't have any women.

Lmao remember that time we went full buttmad because he was criticised for writing sex between young adults.

filename is hilarious

>mfw atticus finch is redpilled now

Whats really problematic is that there weren't any black people in the book. Even more problematic that John Green didn't discuss this, racism is still alive and well.

john green is a slanderer who needs to fucking die

>Heavily emphasizes that Golding became pessimistic about mankind's innate nature after witnessing the horrors of World War II, discussing the uncomfortable parallels Golding wished to imply between Nazi Germany and the whole of humanity
>But later accuses Golding of erroneously regarding civilization as inherently ennobling as the binding force that keeps savagery from flourishing
>But then even later points out the obviously intentional similarity drawn in the final scene between the "savage" children and the "civilized" naval officers, going as far as to quote Golding, who explicitly states that the two are only superficially distinguishable
Does this idiot ever fail to build a case against his own fucking point in every video? The Rousseau/Hobbes dichotomy he tries to enforce the whole time is so artificial because it's abundantly clear that Golding was as critical of Rousseau's optimism concerning rustic man as he was of Hobbes' optimism concerning civilization's capacity to maintain stability.

it comes from university years

so English Literature 112 would be 12th class of the 1st year of an Eng Lit course

Computer Science 305 would be 5th class of the third year of a Computer Science course

My college did it by 10s. Like 110 would be the first class of the first year.

Fascinating stuff.

There's a lot of variance. My college does years in thousands and classes in tens so 3020 is third year, second class and etc. They also include letter suffixes for some electives/seminars.

far fucking out

>let me assign this book to you
>now let me tell you what to think about this book
"""""teachers""""" who do this are a cancer

Hi lel guy, you're the biggest fag of all

xxx
Mike

Why does Veeky Forums like this guy?

Mind-blowing, right

>thinking Veeky Forums likes John Green
Hi newfriend

John Green himself went to an all-boys boarding school too