How do I eat more vegetables? I dont really like them

How do I eat more vegetables? I dont really like them.

Other urls found in this thread:

healthywildandfree.com/this-is-why-you-should-cook-your-spinach-before-you-eat-it/
lmgtfy.com/?q=cellulose digestion
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1432575/pdf/gut00393-0005.pdf
kitchenstewardship.com/6-ways-to-use-zucchini-when-you-dont-like-the-taste-and-how-to-save-it-for-winter/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just include them with whatever meals you're cooking or ordering. Try to eat a salad most days, or snack on celery & carrots, raw fruit is good too. It's not really that complicated. your palate will adjust, and pooping will be much less painful for you

pavlovian
eat them together with your favorite food
then omit your favorite food

zucchini is compatible with everything imo.

it's impossible to hate zucchini. such a non-intrusive vegetable.

but I dont like them :(, Only vegetables I like are cucumbers and tomatos.

Juice them, you can blend anything with banana

I hate zucchini

Sneak them into sauces. Dice up some peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, and garlic and throw them into the pan, the next time you're warming up can of pre-jarred spaghetti sauce.

You can brown a pound of ground beef, drain off the grease, then mix it with jarred spaghetti sauce right? Probably not, since you're asking about eating your vegetables.

Dude, get over your bullshit, and get a job washing dishes at a local restaurant. They'll give you food. You'll get hungry, you'll eat it. It will have veggies in it. Slowly, by necessity, your tastes will expand.

Or don't, and continue living in your fucking basement off of Hungry Man meals and frozen pizza. I don't really care what you do, I'm just offering you options.

Same. I only like it in form of zucchini caviar. Otherwise it's shit and when you cook it becomes watery.

>mixing peppers with mushrooms

Do you cook for yourself, or are you just talking about raw veggies? You can add garlic & onions to literally any meat dish you're cooking and it'll be better off for it

Frozen veggies are easy too. I'll just put broccoli, peas & carrots in a bowl and microwave them with a bit of butter & soy sauce for a late-night snack, pretty much on a daily basis

If I have the time to cook an extravagant breakfast, one of my favorites is an omelet with spinach, onions, mushroom, bacon & cheddar. how could that not sound good to you right now?

And just eat a fucking salad sometimes, without adding a fuckton of meat and cheese and dressing. fresh raw vegetables are crisp and refreshing and it's good stuff

Smoothies are good too - if you mix vegetables in with fruit, you barely even taste the vegetables over the sweetness of the fruit, and you still get all the fiber. toss some frozen mango, frozen peach, baby carrots & baby spinach in a blender with OJ or water, and enjoy a glass of cold, refreshing, delicious bright green goo

Trust me, you will just feel better and healthier in every way if you just eat more of this stuff. you'll even like it if you give your palate time to adjust from processed sweet shit. Get over your childish tastes, you are missing out on a world of flavor

>being a persnickity little bitch

you sound like a 4 year old

>eating raw spinach

enjoy your kidney stones
healthywildandfree.com/this-is-why-you-should-cook-your-spinach-before-you-eat-it/

I researched this since I eat a fuckload of raw spinach and I've never had any apparent problems from it. Every other website has conflicting information. Raw spinach does have oxalic acid, it is broken down by cooking, but that only seems to be a problem for some people and not a problem for others. Like most food-related health concerns, everyone's body processes this shit differently

Not him, but if I took advice from stupid internet article links, I'd never have any fun at all.

25+ years drinking, doing drugs, cooking, eating, smoking. The day I'm afraid of eating spinach, fucking shoot me, because I officially have zero reason to live and be a man.

>concerned about eating a vegetable

Here's an idea: we're all going to die. Eat all the best food you can. Lots of protein, lots of starch, lots of veggies. Work out, get exercise. When you want to relax, get super-loaded on drugs and alcohol. Find work that makes you happy. Get laid when you can. When you die and you meet St. Peter, tell him, "yeah, I ate all the food, did all the drugs, did all the work, had all the fun, and I banged out all the pussy too. Am I in or not?" Let the chips fall where they may.

keep in mind everyone thinks you have a childish personality

thank you for the unsolicited drunken cliches, but if I really was loading myself up with kidney stones it would not be that hard to stop eating raw spinach

>he doesnt like veggis, he is like a child

it's the same as saying "he is like videogames, he is like a child" which only very shallow, close minded, with intelligent of 4 years old would say.

Fuck zucchini.

Stop listening to the vegan propaganda. It's scientifically established that humans are omnivores and were meant to eat meat. It's ok to be white.

Liberals vegan faggots who deny science and eat too much vegetables anyway turn out like this guy. Skinny jeans wearing, iPhone using, Starbucks college boy soy chai latte barista liberals, with their heads full of lies directly out of the leftist New York Times opinion page (also known as the "national news" section)

>iPhone using
Wow, you people are real head cases.

>when you cook it wrong it becomes watery
ftfy

>posted from my soyphone
Your parents must be so proud

so tell me how to cook it right

depends a lot on your tastes, im not really a veggie fan too, but on summer i can easily eat lots since i do mixed salads with tomatoes, lattuce, carrots, sometimes pan fried zucchini (a drop of oil is literally enough if you are worried about fat)
in winter it's harder for me since im weak to cold and with a salad i cant warm up at all during the meal, but im not good at cooking most of veggies
can do caponata, with mix of zucchini, olives, dried tomatoes, peppers, aubergine, vinegar, sugar and a few other things but it's not that light anymore
melanzane alla parmigiana is an option but since you fry them it's again another kind of meh

high heat, drop of oil, no lid, 10 mins
they stay crunchy (is that the term? opposite of floppy)
you could also do a pesto with them, but that's different
my mom does them with lid on for 20 mins, all sloppy and kinda meh, but some like them

So what's the deal, did the president of Samsung say he hates fags, so now you're only allowed to use Android phones?

>north koreans can't afford meat and are weak effeminate leftist manlets
>south koreans can afford meat and are tall and strong free market alpha males
Really activates my almonds

no, it's different
people who don't like "veggies" usually won't ever try them, which is indeed a childish attitude and in most case reflect a contradictory approach to food

How have you had vegetables? If all you ever had was Mom's Boiled Unseasoned Mixed Vegetables, it's understandable you wouldn't.

Try roasted some. This brings out the natural sugars in them and tastes much better. Don't be afraid to sauce that shit up too, until you get more comfortable with the taste.

I always lightly steam fresh green beans in a pan, then let them brown a bit and then cover them in a teriyaki sauce (rice wine, soy sauce, fish sauce) and red pepper flakes.

Those two things you listed aren't even vegetables

>this fucking thread again

drink a gallon of V8 everyday and then hang yourself you vegetable eating fuck

Try them raw, sliced really thin. You can also just bite into the fuckers.

Dress them with olive oil, vinegar and a light dusting of black pepper and MSG. Fucking yum.

>it's impossible to hate zucchini. such a non-intrusive vegetable.
Is this bait? Zucchini is the worst tasting vegetable I can think of, it has a very strong unpleasant taste.

Never understood how people don't like vegetables desu

Some of my most intense cravings are for grilled broccoli and sauerkraut.

>Never understood how people don't like vegetables desu
They've very low calorie (so not satisfying) and aren't digested well by human GI tracts. So unless you're fat they're just a way to give yourself an upset stomach for way less sustenance in return compared to deli meats for example which are easily processed and give you lots of calories and protein.
V8's the more sensible route for covering potassium / vegetable related nutrition in a way that gets to the point and gives you what you need without forcing you to consume tons of useless plant matter that you aren't really equipped to process in the first place.

All squash is fucking groce.

>vegetables are harmful to humans

Not this faggot again.

It's just a fact that vegetables aren't digested well by a human small intestine (and the large intestine where consumed vegetables spend most of their time is mostly limited to just absorbing water and salts, it doesn't absorb nutrients the way the small intestine does). That's part of why they're so popular as "health" food, because fat people can eat lots of it and not get many calories out of it.
See:
A vegetable heavy diet is either A) a trendy thing rich white people do to feel "healthy" based on the modern obesity epidemic making "low calorie" and "healthy" seem like synonyms or B) a cry for help from an impoverished region where they're barely a step above trying to eat dirt cakes to survive.

Not by your because there's something very wrong with you. Have to imagine your life is rife with serious GI issues.

>Not by you
No, this isn't an illness thing, vegetable matter doesn't get digested anywhere near as easily and thoroughly as meat does. That's true of anyone belonging to the human species.
lmgtfy.com/?q=cellulose digestion
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1432575/pdf/gut00393-0005.pdf
>Dietary cellulose is thought not to be digested in the stomach and small intestine, 85% being recoverable in ileostomy contents from subjects fed diets containing usually eaten foods.1 2 In the large intestine however, it is fermented3-5 by the microflora with the ultimate production of short chain fatty acids, hydrogen, carbon dioxide and methane.6 7

Semi-stamppot.
Get some veg. Also aromatics, like onion, shallot, garlic and/or leek.
Boil/steam until soft enough to mash.
Mash.
Whip in potato flake until achieve the consistency of mashed potatoes.
Add fat/butter, dairy (cream or milk) and salt to taste.
Prime candidates are endive/chicory, cabbages, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach (may need to be pureed with whatever dairy you intend to use rather than mashed), parsnips, beetroot and many, many more.
I am convinced the Dutch started doing this to get picky kids to eat their vegetables because there is likely no white child who dislikes mash.
100g of veg (including the aromatics) per serving should be enough. Serve the semi-stamppot with sausages, roasts or whatever. You can stuff it into pasta sheets and steam them for derelye/pierogi-like dumplings which can be frozen. These dumplings are especially good if you add shredded cheese to the veggietato filling. To reheat, either bake or fry for dat crunchy/crispy crust.
Another use is to swap out regular mash for semi-stamppot when making cottage/shepherd's pie. Or for making potato croquettes or perkedel.

Also, I call the above semi-stamppot because properly, stamppot is made with whole potato rather than flaked potato but flaked potato has the benefit of taking up less space in the finished dish, allowing each serving to have more veg than if it were made with whole potato.

Or a formerly impoverished region which still eats a veg-heavy diet today? I'm from such a place. The country I'm from is in the top third of countries for veg consumption though, being European, we're not even in the top 50 nations on earth By veg consumption.
However, my part of the country for various still eats a veg-heavy diet compared to the rest of the nation. We don't eschew meat today, mind you, we just have a lot of veg-centric dishes due to a c.3000 year history of vegetable consumption due to ancient vegetarian cults dating back to before Pythagoras (he started a veg-cult of his own, actually, due to philosophical influences from our ancient culture). The vegetarian cults even persisted through Christianisation, leading Christianity to adopt semi-vegetarianism, which many forms of modern Christianity still abide by various forms.

>inb4 >greek
>not impoverished
I'm not from Greece, though we share a history with Greece. And we don't have people starving in the streets or anything like in Ethiopia or India.

You fucking dope. You took something totally out of context without even beginning to understand what it is you even posted.

Firstly, veggies are not made entirely out of cellulose otherwise they would not be considered foods.
Secondly, it says right in your image "(more on enzyme in a later chapter)". "You" cannot digest certain parts of plants on your own with just acids and enzymes. However, there's an entire ecosystem that lives in the intestinal tracts of healthy people. If this vast ecosystem of beneficial bacteria is not present in your gut, you're going to have a really bad time. They need to be fed in order to be there and what they feed on are the plant matter that you would normally have trouble breaking down.

If you're having trouble digesting vegetables of all things, I highly suggest you start taking probiotics and eating more veggies or else you're going to have heart problems and organ failure before you're 50.

Turkey loaf is an easy dish that you can jam a lot of veggies in.
1lb turkey
1/2 bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 onion
garlic
shred a carrot
finely chop some yellow squash
cherry tomato
mushrooms
orange or yellow pepper
bake at 350 for an hour

>"You" cannot digest certain parts of plants on your own with just acids and enzymes. However, there's an entire ecosystem that lives in the intestinal tracts of healthy people.
I already covered that point, you just didn't notice. See:
>vegetables aren't digested well by a human small intestine (and the large intestine where consumed vegetables spend most of their time is mostly limited to just absorbing water and salts, it doesn't absorb nutrients the way the small intestine does).
Your large intestine isn't extracting calories, so you can't really call what it's doing there digestion. I think you kind of already know that to some extent since you focused on the role of vegetables as an insoluable (i.e. not digestible) fiber.

lmfao holy shit, and I thought Veeky Forumsscience was funny.

It only seems funny because you were brainwashed into believing you should be a good consumer of corporate agriculture.
Vegetables are in fact low calorie and most of their content is undigested insoluble fiber. You can argue the fiber they provide helps to bulk up stool, but that's not a nutritional benefit. You don't get nutrition from plant matter sitting in your large intestine, the nutrition extraction extends only through to the end of the small intestine, after that it's just water and salt absorption.

Hate that shit. And it's cousin cucumber. Only thing they are good for is as a dildo.

are you that fat cunt that was about to puke by smelling a vegetable?

No, I'm not fat, I'm male, and I don't puke from smelling vegetables.
Zucchini just tastes awful and I honestly think you're trolling if you're claiming "it's impossible to hate zucchini. such a non-intrusive vegetable." It has a very powerful and distinctive taste which I don't think most people enjoy.
If you had said something similar about button mushrooms or tofu it would make sense, but you're trying to pass off a really strong tasting food as though it isn't, for reasons I can only assume are bait related.

im not baiting at all, zucchini has a very bland and simple flavour, it's one of the few vegetables most kids dont whine to eat here
im the one thinking you are actually baiting

>bland
No it fucking isn't. There is no way you can bite into a zucchini and not immediately taste exactly what it is. It's one of the least bland vegetables there is, its flavor is super-obvious. I still have bad memories from childhood where I thought I was biting into a cucumber but it turned out to be zucchini instead.

of course you can recognize it, like you can with everything
dont you recognize a carrot, pepper, broccoli, potato when you bite them? i do
but if you make a dish with zucchini and eat a part of eat without zucchini you wont taste zucchini

little oil and salt, colored and roasted and any vegetable is delicious

>dont you recognize a carrot, pepper, broccoli, potato when you bite them?
It's not a binary either/or situation. Use loudness of sound as an analogy, it's like that. Zucchini is extremely "loud." Potato in contrast is very "quiet." Broccoli is louder than potatoes but not louder than zucchini (maybe about on par with it).
This is why I am having a very hard time believing you here, you're basically saying fireworks or motorcycles aren't loud.

Here's some anecdotal evidence for what I'm trying to explain:
kitchenstewardship.com/6-ways-to-use-zucchini-when-you-dont-like-the-taste-and-how-to-save-it-for-winter/
It's an article all about trying to hide the zucchini flavor e.g.
>While zucchini is great in the summer, I easily get burned out after a few weeks. This desperation lead to a great discovery: zucchini disappears in spaghetti sauce. Yes, you read that right.
>Zucchini disappears in spaghetti sauce.
>When zucchini is finely shredded, it will almost “melt” into a cooking sauce – particularly a tomato sauce. The key is to shred it finely, using either a box grater or a food processor.
I've never heard of someone trying to hide the flavor of potato in contrast.

if you eat any vegetable together with zucchini you will ALWAYS recognize the second one (even the quiet potato) so it's not overshadowing or whatever, it has its taste that is easy to detect, you probably simply dislike it and notice it very well but that doesnt mean it's strong or anything
i hate peppers, and even if a little bit of it was in some tomato sauce and then removed entirely i can still detect it, and hate it
that's what i would call prepotent taste, but that's my personal taste

>peppers
That's fucking crazy, pepper flavor is used all over the place as part of a meal, as seasoning, as the basis for extremely mainstream / heavy use condiments, etc. I think you just have inverted taste buds or something.

this is the first time i hear someone wanting to hide zucchini too, so you know that doesnt really make a point
of course you get bored during summer flood, it's the same for everything
i get a fuckton of tomatoes and i have to eat them twice a day in all shapes so i get bored
not where i live
sorry to remind you, how you live and eat is not how the world lives and eats

Steam or roast them and add salt and vinegar. The salt and vinegar really makes almost any vegetable tastier. I can eat a huge dish of steamed cabbage with just a bit of salt and vinegar on it.

Also don't be afraid of cooking vegetables until they're soft. It's good to have some raw foods in your diet too, and I love raw vegetables/salads, but I find cooked "crisp tender" vegetables are just unpleasant to eat. I like to cook cabbage until it's soft, and it actually starts to taste sweet when you cook it that way.

>not where i live
They don't have the concept of "salt and pepper" where you live?
They don't have chilli where you live?
They don't have red pepper packets at pizza places where you live?
They don't have spicy food in general where you live?

>They don't have the concept of "salt and pepper" where you live?
yeah of course
>They don't have chilli where you live?
not really, there is but no regular dish has it, you can add it if you like
>They don't have red pepper packets at pizza places where you live?
fuck no we arent niggers
>They don't have spicy food in general where you live?
almost none

Trick is to cook them in a dish with ingredients that you like. Good example is a stir fry. You can put loads of otherwise bad-tasting vegetables in there and as long as you add enough sauce and good meat, you end up with something delicious.

Make soup.

We've always had at least two courses at dinner back home, and the first course was usually some sort of soup.

I still usually eat like this living on my own. I boil veggies in stock (or e.g. with bones from a deboned chicken), usually put an immersion blender in, season to taste, voila!