What did this philosopher mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0p1UFiNiOek
jordanbpeterson.com
selfauthoring.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=IPGPsgDTW6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is it okay for a man like Jordan Peterson to have an ego as he does

what philosopher? i only see the ramblings of the surrogated dad of some internet memesters

He wants to seem like he's not a weak, anxious academic trapped in verbal formulas perennially defeated by circumstance by attacking the 'prophets'

A real chad wouldn't even care about academics

Woow Genious hes the smattest men ever

Yes

So has he never actually written a book or essay that cites sources for the arguments he made and that he wanted people to take seriously?

Isn't Peterson just the modern day Lacan or Foucault?

are there any good philosophers named chad?

I don't think he has even read Foucault

uuh? no?
they were important for their fields peterson is just a meme self help guru

Is this literally identity politics?

Isn't Lacan the dude whose ecrits are filled with actual formulas? He IS the anxious academic, what is he even saying

i'm torn on peterson. on one hand i appreciate his attempt to rejuvenate jung and his defense of freedom of speech, but on the other hand it's hard to respect the anti-pomo posturing of a guy who seems to have never honestly engaged with the thinkers he derides.

Lacan was certainly meme tier in his day

Peterson is only espousing positive things to anxious and deprived young men. At least he's a decent person for them.

peterson must be one of the most gifted self-marketers in the world. it's really incredible how famous and rich he has become, just by offering people vague and hand-wavy tidbits of psychological "insight"

This. if he ever goes after Baudrillard Im going to lose it.

And one down side of his message for his constituents, is that they now completely cast off all PoMo. Someone I know who likes Peterson, but doesnt really read too much tried to shame me for reading Pynchon, after he found out he's categorized as PoMo

>What did he meme by this?

He wanted to trigger all the edgy pseuds of Veeky Forums. He succeeded.

but what gets me is when he does so by constructing a strawman for his followers to perceive and attack as an other. i suppose there's a certain pragmatism to it - every one needs an 'other,' right? - but i can't get behind such disingenuity.

He sure likes to rile a whole lot about pseudoscience on twitter for a psychology professor.

Psychology is meant to be an empirical science, right? Does anyone know of any hypotheses that Peterson has formulated and confirmed empirically? What exactly is his specialty or area of expertise within psychology?

Well I've never even watched a Petersen video and I already knew all (ALL) of post-modernism was literally shit, and post-pomo is even worse.

Jokes on him. I have no idea what he's talking about either.

The most dishonest thing is he characterises his straw man as something like 'chaos' to be fought because they're unrelated phenomena which to him means 'hypocritical' manifestation of the same thing.

It means he'd rather be a self help hack than an actual philosopher.

I can actually answer this because I took some of his courses

He's a clinical psychologist focused on personality, and his most influential work is subdividing the big five personality traits into 10 components (2 for each trait). It's a pretty interesting read if you're into that stuff

PoMo isn't shit. There have been some genuine good ideas and books emerging from it

Textbook Frankphobia, the calling card of the ineffectual Anglo

If Peterson is such a brainlet, why haven't any of you geniuses blown the fuck out of him with your superior argumentation skills?

It happens basically every Pseuderson thread.

Lol Baudrillard is the bottom of the fucking pomo barrel. Literal excrement

Uninstall your life

>weak, anxious academics trapped in verbal formulas perennially defeated by circumstance
Hmm, I wonder

T. Mindless Peterson drone

I meant actually arguing with him personally. If you think your views can stand up to scrutiny, you should have no problem showing your face and debating him in some actual public setting.

>Derrida
>verbal formulas

Wtf is he talking about, he's arguing from a Derridean standpoint the fucking moron

He got too popular so now the resentful poomos need to tear him down, just like they do everything.

>handful of lit browsers are gonna fly to Toronto just to possibly get the chance to debate some guy, ostensibly by just walking into his lectures and challenging him lol an autist
Ok? Or do you think he'll accept huge debate challenges from randoms?

user can't offer debate because that would entail actually standing for something.

>implying that's the only reason you can't do it

What the hell? Give me a practical rundown of how this should happen? There's twitter and YouTube, I guess, but do you remember that shitty video Zero Books made about him? Did he ever respond to that?

Yeah sure man, I'll devise an entire plan for you on how you can debate Peterson just so you can safely close the tab and never even think about carrying it out.
This isn't my first day on the internet, I already know everything I need to know about you dude. You aren't kidding anyone.

He has mentioned in a number of his videos that he'll accept any challenge to debate him. For example this video
youtube.com/watch?v=0p1UFiNiOek
(ignore the cringy self-insertion as Harrison Ford)

He would probably respond to an intelligently written email proposing a debate; if not you could go to the press and explain how he refused to even debate the central tenets of his own philosophy.

>(ignore the cringy self-insertion as Harrison Ford)

It's Clint Eastwood you fookin plebian

He's right

Ya I bet you never even read a po-mo book. Just put a bullet in your head you stupid nigger.

I love Peterson.

I hope his influence increases tenfold. He will capture all the pseuds and no-gf losers, take their money, and leave them all hanging when the tides change and he finds another disaffected group to exploit. It's almost like self-selected eugenics, because most of his followers seem too weak to live without him. Just my take. Incredibly smart man.

lol no. Anything after biology is a meme science.

Well tat shouldn't be too hard. You can do it now. Take one of his claims and follow the source, and you can guarantee he's either bullshiting or making a post modern argument himself.

give his email, i am going to tear him a new one

This. Hustlers gon' hustle.

Some people are easy marks.

>""philosopher""

I'm not even a guy who feels qualified to debate him, or particularly wants to. I was just questioning your stupid claim.
>I already know everything I need to know about you dude. You aren't kidding anyone.
You too.

Peterson is completely genuine. Sure he promotes himself, but he doesn't say a single thing he doesn't mean in the process. He is most certainly not a shill nor does he misrepresent his beliefs to attract a crowd. He speaks his truth and people have come to him and he is capitalizing on that while maintaining his integrity.

>he speaks his truth
When will kermit posters get it?

>tell me to clean my room
>i dont care
>tell Lacan to clean his room
>it'ls beat down time

The funny part is I think peterson is actually sincere.

Egoism is the very essence of a noble soul.

Peterson has an enormous impact rating as a academic, huge amount of citations, and is leading the charge with converting forms of narrative therapy into online, easily accessible formats. You don't know what you're talking about. I bet you'd dismiss Rogers or Maslow as self-help gurus as well.

It's the day and age. Look at the fucking president for Christ's sake.

Google scholar Jordan peterson profile. He has made a lot of contributions.

Go on...

He means exactly what Veeky Forums agrees to. That post modernist would get destroyed by Socrates/Plato since they wouldn't play their language games.

Yet cultural marxism has led to the impending doom of European nations such as Sweden and Germany.

post-modernist is thought cancer if there ever was such a thing.

>0
Baubillard is Aristotle for pseuds. Again, Peterson strikes right with his tweet. You just think he is "wow amazing" when he regurgitates A through a whacko jacko pomo dictionary.

They're Letzter Mensch. So is JP but that is beside the point.

What's wrong with DJT?

This. I will never understand the hype behind him.

I'm confused how he takes "their money" when he releases university lectures for free in his channel and has a biblical series going on.

Patreon.

>manage dysfunctional people into functional and independent units
When will you boys grow up to respect leadership and guidance?

Yes, that is completely voluntary choice for people to do. I haven't given him any money yet I've watched his videos. Money isn't prerequisite for watching his YT channel.

They'd rather be off the hook, either from developing themselves or from helping to develop others.

This nigga is making $60k per month, I was born in the wrong fucking continent altogether it seems.

Continent doesn't restrict your access to Youtube, Patreon. Go and make your own channel and become self-help meme guru racking up 60k when its so easy.

All science is a meme science, STEMsperg.

Where I live people fall for the eastern mysticism meme which is not my specialty. And nobody is going to watch an Asian talk about Jung and Christianity, they expect Yoga and meditation.

just talk about redpilled shit and get alt-right kids to send you money, that's really what peterson does, he got his first taste of fame for simple tranny bashing, and then ran with it and started shilling anything and everything

Internet is not restricted to continent, stop making excuses.

>Nobody is going to
Why? If it is so easy to do what Peterson does why am I reading excuses after excuses?

Are you sure you are using the word "shilling" correctly?

Connect Jung and Christianity to Yoga and meditation, idiot.

haven't you seen all the dumb shit peterson shills on his websites?

His website has links to his Youtube channel and book recommendations. For free. There's no SUPER MALE VITALITY ads that I can see.

jordanbpeterson.com

>that get
Context is golden.

What does "verbal formulas perennially defeated by circumstance" mean?

Genuinely curious.

The first time I heard this Peterson guy speak was in his interview with the google guy, but I respect anyone who trashes postmodernism and its figureheads like the subversive jew Derrida, so I'm definitely not against him.

selfauthoring.com/

moron

>1488
>that post.
youtube.com/watch?v=IPGPsgDTW6k

shilling is a superfluous pejorative at this point, get with the times

Online version of narrative therapy, delivering for around $20 what therapists would change in the thousands of dollars for... You don't know what you're talking about.
Why don't you do it then?

He has put a link to his own project on his own website that is again not prerequisite to watching his Youtube channel with his lectures, interviews, and series in it. It's not like he is asking you to donate to Patreon, buy his program in order to watch his YT channel.

Though I do admit I do not know what use that entire thing is. Well nobody can be perfect!

holy shit

this reads straight outta scientology

this guy is the next L. Ron Hubbard

This is kind of genius desu, if I'm unemployed after my post major, this is the kind of shitposting I'll resort to.

>Why don't you do it then?

because i don't want to be a fucking youtube e-celeb, i have tried to talk other people into starting youtube channels produced and edited by me tho, but no one wants to be an alt-right assclown for cash

>be Jordan Peterson
>complain about postmodernism
>complain about Lacan, Derrida, Foucault
>never address any of their actual books or writing

What did he mean by this?

>because I don't want 60k per month easy money.
Why?

FUTURE AUTHORING PROGRAM
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS 1

The full future authoring exercise has 2 different stages, each with a number of steps.

In Stage 1, you will write generally about your goals.
In Stage 2, you will specify and clarify the nature of those goals, and begin to strategize.

We recommend that you complete the process over two or more separate days.
People who allow themselves some time to sleep when they are making important decisions appear to do a better job and to benefit more.

The entire exercise will require approximately two and a half hours.

On the first day, you might want to complete Stage 1.
On the second day, you could complete Stage 2.
You will need to concentrate and process what you are writing, so try to complete this exercise when you are feeling alert and relatively unrushed.

You will be asked to write down your private thoughts and feelings. Please type them directly into the box provided. At times, you may be asked to write non-stop, without regard for grammar or spelling. At other times, you may be asked to revise what you have written.

This exercise is meant to benefit YOU personally.
Everything you write will remain accessible only to you and those you designate as recipients.
The report you produce will summarize your personal goals and strategies.
You and your recipients, if any, will be emailed a copy of this report shortly after you complete the exercise.
During some sections, you will be asked to write for specified amounts of time. Please try your best to write for the amount of time specified (so, if it asks you to write for 1-2 minutes, please write continuously for at least 60 seconds).

GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS 2

During this exercise, you will be presented with a series of pages either providing you with information, or asking you to describe aspects of your personality and experiences.

You may proceed through the exercise by clicking the Next button.
You can go back to previous pages by clicking Previous.
Each time you click Next or Previous, the data you have entered on that page will be saved. You can also save your data while remaining on the same page by clicking Save. In addition, many of the pages where you are asked to write for longer periods of time will automatically save every minute or so.
You may quit the exercise any time by clicking Exit/Home or shutting down your browser. If the current page is a page you have been writing on, remember to click Save before exiting. The text that you entered on previous pages will have already been saved.
You can come back to the exercise later, and resume your work. All your previous work will be waiting for you, and will be taken to the last point in the exercise you had completed.

awesome man it's totally worth it to pay $14.95 (LIMITED TIME SUMMER SALE!) to write down my goals

>1

GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS 3

On many pages, you will not be able to successfully click Next or Previous unless you have provided a minimum of necessary text. If you do not, you will receive an error message, and the text box in question will be highlighted in red.
Text boxes also have a maximum length. Pay attention, as you write, to the numbers above the text boxes. Numbers like [180 / 1000] indicate that you have typed 180 characters out of a maximum allowable of 1000. When you go over the maximum, the numbers above the text box become red. Clicking Next, Previous, or Save will result in an error message and you will not be able to proceed to the Next or Previous page. To resolve this, edit your text until the number of characters is less than or equal to the maximum. These limitations have been established so that you do not get stalled at any point in the process.
We do encourage you to write in some detail, however, subject to those limitations. Our research indicates that better results are obtained as the amount written by participants increases.
There is a progress bar in the top right portion of the screen, which displays the percentage of the exercise that you have already completed. If you hover over the bar with the mouse, you can see approximately how much time it will still take to complete the exercise.
You may use the Index to jump to any page you have already completed. Clicking the [Index] link will open the index. Clicking it again will close it. Remember to click Save to save any work on the current page before using the index to jump to another page.
After you have completed the exercise, you will be taken to a Summary page. You can use that page to email yourself a copy of your writing

>Why? If it is so easy to do what Peterson does why am I reading excuses after excuses?
I'm saying this 100% non ironically but Peterson is a white male and I don't have that luxury. Peterson and to some degree Zizek attract 14 to 40 red pilled autists who want some "intellectual," be it politician, high profile journalist or cultural critics to dismantle SJWs or feminist or immigration crisis. If I was born white I'd be spouting red pilled shit out the ass.