I have potatoes. I have butter. I have cream. I have salt. I have pepper. I have garlic. I have herbs

I have potatoes. I have butter. I have cream. I have salt. I have pepper. I have garlic. I have herbs.

BUT I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING POTATO MASHER REEEE.

Help me Veeky Forums I am inept. Can I nist improvise and use a fork or metal whisk? How essential is a potato masher for ultimate creamy holiday mashed potatoes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VBUUx0jUKxc
youtube.com/watch?v=1lX56TgqLRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

what is a potato masher? some american creation?

Stay obsessed

Pretty essential. Dollar stores even sell them man.

Masher just makes it easier. A fork or blender will be just fine, the texture may be a bit smoother than you prefer though.

Use your potato ricer :)

use some canned food item

fuck you dude

use the bottom of a pot to smash them against a clean counter top and then scrape them up

Chew them up and spit them back out mashed.

Bone up a teet

Couldn't I just use the bottom of a mug and mash them in the pot?

If you don't have a ricer you can use a food mill :)

you could punch them if you fucking wanted to, anything will work, it's just going to be more difficult. if I had to do something I would use a can or green beans or something.
imo an electric hand mixer is more essential to getting that ultimate creaminess

I know you're just in tune with holiday spirit and busting my balls but really who the fuck keeps all these things in their kitchen.

americans think they need a separate tool for every action in the kitchen

i think the jewride in their water makes their brain too confused to use multitaskers

Not you apparently.

Put the potato in a glass or bowl. If in a glass, use the back of a wooden spoon as a pestle. If a bowl, use a wooden spoon. Promptly spank yourself square in the nose with the potato spoon for being so autistic that you can't even improvise a way to smash a potato.

I use a hand mixer to make mashed potatoes, so you can probably use a whisk, it'll just take a little more work.

OBSESSED

OBESE

lmao

oh man

>be american
>forget to buy a specialized tool to crush soft vegetables into a paste
>go to the store
>eat dinner at the mcdonalds inside the store instead of the dinner at home
>get shot as you're leaving

'Special' people indeed.

>average day in america
youtube.com/watch?v=VBUUx0jUKxc

Jesus. Are Americans really like this? A loud ass manlet screaming at two buffoons fucked up on drugs.

In America people grow up dreaming of having an excuse to shoot someone. Most americans grow out of it. Some get confused and take it out on random people, this goes way back to like Charles Whitman at the University of Texas. Still others, millions of them, join the military or law enforcement and get to shoot at people with full impunity. Most of them are smart enough to plant a weapon, or only shoot blacks, or whatever. Some guys, like pic related, are too dumb even to manage that, and they get shamed in a cultural ritual we use to convince ourselves that police work isn't basically just a magnet for mentally ill people who need to beat up and shoot normal people because they got bullied in high school or whatever.

Just use a fucking fork, it’s actyally better than a masher for that purpose. If it’s difficult you didn’t cook your potatoes enough.

Use a regular glass bottle.

Do not use a blender it makes glue

Just use a fork.

i just made 16qt pot worth of mash for a family potluck dinner tonight. with an aluminum thermos.

>because they were bullies in high school or whatever
ftfy, but otherwise spot on

>écrasé de pomme de terre

youtube.com/watch?v=1lX56TgqLRY

Seems fairly obvious that you should just make dauphinoise instead.

Just make baked potatoes idiot

use your fists
and punch the shit out of that shit

Just cube the potatoes and boil them, then add all the same stuff you would.

>he puts garlic and herbs in mash potatoes
Fucking ruined

No problem just use your ricer or moulis!

Just use your hands you fucking neanderthal

Stay obese

I think if try using a wine bottle before a whisk. Use a food processor.

You can make a baked potato??

Holy fuck faggotmericans are really thin faggoting retarted?????

i bought a potato ricer and i use it weekly. i was "assigned" mashed potatoes at the family gathering tomorrow because i make the best mashed potatoes within my family (objectively, tests were sent to a lab).

I've made it many times and have never used a potato masher. Quarter the potatoes and boil them until they're easily pierced with a fork (probably 10, 15 min) and use two forks crossed over each other to mash them.

Just the ones who get picked for focus groups.

Fuck mashed potatoes. Peel the potatoes, cut into good sized chunks, parboil for maybe 10 minutes, drain, return the potatoes to the pot, cover, give it a couple of good shakes, deposit potatoes in a roasting pan and roast them for about 20-30 minutes, scraping and turning them every so often. People will not say "OH BUT WE WANT MASHED POTATOES"

>wahhh its ruined I only like plain mashed potatoes and cheese pizza and tendies!!!!

child palate

Use your bare fucking hands you pathetic animal

Make a dauphinoise instead, uses all those ingredients and actually has texture as opposed to a pile of boring mash

so you dont have a fork? or a blender to make it smooth?

Why get it all sloppy and rubbish? Keep the skin on, use a fork, do an incomplete job and leave potato bits to help you get bites where you can actually appreciate the texture and taste of the potato. Mashing skinless potatoes just makes slop. :/

HAND MIXER, MOTHERFUCKER

why do you NEED to mash them? potatoes are total shit once you turn the starch into diarrhea.

>Potatoes
>Soft vegetables

Blenders won't make it glue unless you put cold/room temp cream in thinking it will hold in properly at which point yeah the cream will make it glue

mashed potatoes taste better a wee chunky and thicc