How come most people are christians here?

How come most people are christians here?

no

aesthetics

migrants from /pol/

>how come most people who care to post about religion or christianity are christians
Have a guess

>How come there are smarter people than me?

It's the latest meme

Because Christianity is the only religion that can metaphysically justify itself down to first principles. It is literally The Truth.

You'll be suprised how divided /pol/ is between religion and non-religion, and everything in between. It is meaningless unless I had data, but from my experience browsing it non-theism is more common.

They aren't actually Christian. They just pretend to be. None of them believe in the afterlife or the literal resurrection of Jesus.

there are christian generals on a weekly basis in that board

>non-theism is more common

you haven't browsed it then

Wrong we don't worship your Jew on a stick, red pills worship our Lord Kek

>we

r/t_D please go

Feigning a belief in God is more entertaining than falling back on one's actual conviction of depressed existential dread
At least it triggers redditors

It's just the pseud version of the kekistan faggots, at least here on Veeky Forums.

/pol/ is still infested with christians lol

I could be wrong. But can you agree that /pol/ is divided on religion? You do get comments like this just not with the Lord Kek stuff

Most of the people advocating Christianity on Veeky Forums (or any Veeky Forums board) are probably not practicing Christians. They just find the idea of a nebulous yet unified Christianity appeals to them, their morals and/or plan for society.

In short, this . And I suspect their actual doctrinal knowledge is pretty severely lacking.

there is also a paganism general most days and ocassionally a yhread asking if buddhism is the final redpill or some stupid shit. each of these threads have genuine believers and people taking the piss.

>infested
*tips fedora*

*respectfully tips back*

These are people who attended university courses in subjects such as comparative literature, creative writing, and literary analysis instead of courses in subjects such as mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, and astronomy.
It is only natural that they would fill their lack of understanding with something based in literature, philosophy, and mythology.

Because one can only find salvation through the righteous path.
They're pagans and Fascists.

Implying a lot there.

>pagans
I almost got into this until I realised it is literally LARPing.

>we are barbarians, by Zeus!
>yeah, our tribes decide traitors should be shunned!
>we drink mead and we converse respectfully like barbarians!
>yes, our Neanderthal ancestors (WHO WERE ALL BLONDE LIKE THE ENTIRE EUROPE! YEAH, BROWN HAIR = NIGGER!) believed in reincarnation and they had THE REAL religion!

I mean, I like Paganism, but this cult that spawned on YouTube and /pol/ is retarded, especially since it is based on Varg's ideas and they are absolutely baseless and he has no proof for it other than his wife's blog and book, which are themselves also baseless and lack any evidence.

/pol/ isn't divided on religion, they pretty much embrace christianity, kek posting is not a thing any more in /pol/

>most days

No, pagan generals are such a rare occasion and they usually get shitposted by reactionary christians

>projection

Could you please stop embarrassing yourself by presupposing the falsehood of Christianity out of turn?

What are you on about. /pol/ became christian because of Veeky Forums immigrants.

>/pol/ is actually really pagan

Since when did people start categorizing /pol/ as a pagan board? Go ahead and post anything pagan related and you'll get called a cringey LARPer.

Because athiesm is for fedoras and we are left asking ourselves if there is something more that created this beautiful world.

k

We are straying away from the topic. But I want to write one last thing on /pol/. I don't think there really is a single coherent ideology there. And unless we had access to some kind of data we can't say which one is dominant or not.

>>/pol/ is actually really pagan
I never said that. I just said it originated from Varg and his followers on /pol/.

Every time Varg releases a new video they have a thread on it.

You see, reddit is atheist. So,

iN THIS AWFUL DAY AND AGE, A MAN NEEDS A MORAL COMPASS. tHE TEACHINGS OF jESUS OF NAZARETH ARE AS GOOD AS ANY, AND IF EVERYONE SUBSCRIBED TO THEM WE WOULD BRING ABOUT A BETTER WORLD

>1 person makes a thread therefore pagan

Varg is a laughing stock among /pol/acks

We're all world-weary here, but some are cowards too.

Because their parents were and they never learned how to be able to separate themselves from the teat intellectually.

I unironically think that it's at least 50% due to Gene Wolfe's meme status.

>meme status
If you bother with one fantasy/SF writer, it should be Wolfe.

Lit is the best place to get great recs on philosophy, especially Catholic phil. Wolfe is memed, but not that much and he isn't an author that usually converts people.

He is vastly overrated, Herbert, Lem, Dick all shit on him.

I've no idea who he is except that he writes spaceship books or something and I post here all the time

t. His parents were Christian and he still hasn't learned to get over his teenage rebellion phase

>Herbert
mediocre writer, tv anime-tier philosophizer
>Lem
I like Lem but there's no reason to rate him significantly higher than Wolfe
>Dick
>dude I did too many marijuanas and now I don't know what's real anymore
There, that's the plot of every Dick story

Have you actually read Gene Wolfe? Lem is the closest to Wolfe of those three, and I do not understand how you could possibly rate Lem and not rate Wolfe ("Three Storytelling Machines" could be a Wolfe story, for example). I don't even understand what Herbert is fucking doing being mentioned in your post.

Most religions are same shit/different coat of paint; there's nothing special about Christianity whatsoever. Questioning the religion your parents' indoctrinated you into since birth is not rebellion, it's caring about what you're going to devote your life to.

There's more to PKD than that. If you want Wolfe-ian shit think of Rautavaara's Case or A Maze of Death. PKD usually wants to give you the resolution though, and is not half as complex as a writer, whereas Wolfe wants you to figure it out for yourself.

STEM can explain everything about the physical world, but nothing about anything transcendent or based in faith and feeling. You can measure the properties of a house someone has built all you want, but that doesn't have anything to do with meeting and getting to know the builder. The power of literature/humanities, on the other hand, is that they let you get at realms beyond the purely physical, search for the meaning behind it by understanding more about how others feel and believe about their experiences of the world, ultimately how they experience God and how you can. I think that's why Veeky Forums tends to have a lot of Christians; not because Christians gravitate towards literature, but because finding the truth in literature ultimately brings you to the truth of God.

>Believing this shite

>Most religions are same shit/different coat of paint

Thats objectively retarded

Those stopped a long time ago

You can do all of the things you described without a belief in God and everything can be explained through through the cold complex logic of the physical universe

Do you come to literature hoping for something that mirrors the cold complex rationality of science or for something greater, something that could give you hints as to maybe what it all means on a level beyond that?

no it didn't

That search clearly shows its not a real general, just occassional threads

But they are one and the same

>i-it's not real general!

ok bud

Dude if its not generally there, its not a general. I just did a search in /pol/ and there is none showing

Who gives a shit go and do something productive

>There are actually people on a board of supposed 'intellectuals' or worship a dead, middle eastern terrorist who drunkenly got himself nailed to a cross for being a dumbass mother fucker and thinking he could somehow overthrow Roman occupation in Israel
You were all played like fiddles and YOU KNOW IT.

Sure, but what else is there?

This

hit a nerve did I?

Christianity is by far the most Veeky Forums religion.

Veeky Forums missionaries have worked hard to combat the heretical pagan and nihilistic elements in /pol/

>generally means 24/7

shifting goal posts again?

No but you're a boring fucker and even witnessing the crushing penury that your posts convey, personality wise, makes me embarrassed for you

>work hard to combat the heretical pagan and nihilistic elements in /pol/
>/pol/ is more christian than Veeky Forums

Oh piss off you repugnant fuck

If you're embarrassed for me, why are you seething?

Memes for the lulz and since a significant group here is dissafected christians angry about how nonchristian everything is being.

Croats get out

Might want to take a break from the mean internet people champ

>Seething
I'm not, I'm sipping an ice coffee - it's sunny; very chilled

Literally this. Jesus wasn't the messiah, he was just a jackass who talked too much, too loudly in front of his superiors.

Let me teach you young'un.

Wasn't me, I love Dick.

It's the origin of Materialism/Darwinism/Liberalism.

I'm sure you do

No thanks

Let me teach you

>pic related

don't worry, I'll pray for you

Really? I mean is this where god belongs?

Because like religion is an ideological cocoon in which to hide oneself to keep the existential uncertainty at bay, literature is an intellectual cocoon in which to protect ones opinions from the same standards of scrutiny actual knowledge of the world normally has to endure.

What the hell is actual knowledge of the world?

>YOU CAN'T KNOW NUFFIN YOU CAN'T KNOW NUFFIN

Actual knowledge of the world has given us medicine, mapped the stars, genetically engineered trees which produce many species of fruit on the same branch, and proven that much of religious doctrine is demonstrably false. Play your word game all you want, but good ideas are such because they endure scrutiny. Religion survives because it deals exclusively in what cannot imaginably be proven or disproven, just as literature is mostly framing ideas in play-pretend because you couldn't make them work in real life.

>Actual knowledge of the world has given us medicine, mapped the stars, genetically engineered trees which produce many species of fruit on the same branch, and proven that much of religious doctrine is demonstrably false.

Yeah but all that shit is written in books

LARP-ing is such a dumb word. How the fuck can you even being to establish the difference between genuine belief and "role play"? If these people know about paganism and live as according to "pagan principles" (whatever they are), then they are pagan.

Even though the people in the comment section of Varg video seem a bit thick, don't discount them as insincere "LARPers". I'm willing to bet they believe fully in the shit the spout.

LARP-ing to me seems like a word used to denote people who sincerely act in a way I find cringy

Fair enough.

You need to go deeper

/pol/ had a massive rise of religious belief between 2013-2015, with it hushing up due to the refocusing of /pol/ on the election. Other boards that absorbed this thought over time retained it while /pol/ itself got flooded by Redditors who are very influenced by r/atheism.

This is especially notable as religious /pol/ was heavily Catholic. Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums got the most of it.

I would say the vast majority aren't actually Christians, they're just larpers who are mad at liberals and Islam.

>tfw unironically a believer
It sure is getting hot in here

>larpers

Are you saying that the people on /pol/ conveniently converted to Christianity purely for pragmatic reasons and that they have no genuine faith?

Or are you just saying that you find them cringy?:

He very clearly said the first one

Here too, brother.

Yeah but being a by the book Catholic sort of requires you to have some grievances with liberals. Maybe not so much with Islam though.