How late is "too late" to get into literature?

How late is "too late" to get into literature?

No such thing. Pick up a classic that sounds of interest to you and isn't overbearing and then read it. Come here, make a thread wanting to talk about it, and talk about it.

We're here for you, OP. Whether you're 18 or 81.

(p.s. wasn't meant to talk exclusively of classics, just been hitting them too hard that they were still on the brain.)

never too late

it's never to l8
as long as get through the g8
and not procrastin8

If you're dead it's too late. Unless the Eternal Return is a fact, then "late" is an illusion.

It's never too late. I've never been much of a reader. Just a few series here or there: Artemis Fowl in middle school; Harry Potter as I was growing up with it; The Circle Series by Ted Dekker in high school... But never once a proper "literary" book. I think I always thought they would be too creepy for me, and that all of his books would be like "Les Miserables" (for which my only point of reference for many years was that people thought the musical was good).
But now I am diving into this book. Right now, I'm only on the 17th page. The Gunslinger. I chose this one because I saw the trailer for the movie and thought it really looked fantastic. And if the movie looks that good, the book has to be amazing!

This is quality bait.

now

If you haven't read the entire western canon by the age of 12 then it's too late and you're never gonna make it.

I suppose that if you're in your eighties you might be literally too late to read enough to understand anything before your death.

never too late

No it's not

Your brain becomes less plastic as you age... I would say 25 is too late but not too late. It would be too late around, say, 80 when modern 'food' and medicine has broken down your mind from its former self.

I would say 16 years old.

I read my first book at 19

Never, there are books for every demographic.

The Dark Tower (or at least the first two books, which I've read) is good. The movie is either going to suck or be very different from the original. There's a certain sense of suspence and eternity (yes, big words to apply to King, but still) in the beginning of The Gunslinger that just can't be put into a movie

Dude, literature is not a game to beat people at unless you're a grad student or a Veeky Forums poster. The point is you get to read great books and learn about life.

It's a solid 6.5. I'd give it a seven if the grammar were tidied up a bit.

Never too late

this, reading is pretty time consuming and the older you get you lose your naive child-brain to really get into things you´ve never experienced also in combination with alcohol and other drugs.

t. person who hasn't read very much and is insecure about it

Tru

t. a person who thinks he has read a lot but is still unaware of how little he actually knows

I have not read very much, but I'm not insecure about it and I'm not going around saying "DUDE it's ok if you haven't read much just B.E URSELF". My ignorance is a parasite and must be purged.

>10
Anything with double digits.

Ideally you should have most of your classics read by your mid 20s if you're serious. If not then just the top 100 lit essentials or something is fine.

I was a STEM faggot and didn't get into Veeky Forumserature until my late 20's. Never too late IMO. I fucking love it.

tomorrow

>he believes in truth

You know, I genuinely think Veeky Forums might be one of the best boards on this site.

2deep4me

God help us

>Come here, make a thread wanting to talk about it, and talk about it.
Yeah, enjoy getting a couple of shitpost replies and watching your thread die while the latest Peterson thread gets 300 replies

if you're over 20 its too late for a book to actually change who you are.

I'm 26 and only just started reading this year, it's never too late, and it's been great fun and very fulfilling so far

IF YOURE READING THIS ITS TOO LATE

nah never too late

Your foster parents sure didnt care

Reading doesn't have a finish-line. There's no end point that you need a certain amount of time to reach. As such there's no "too late." Just go read.

It's a lonnnnng journey, user.
Books will last longer than any website, if you take care of 'em.
Besides, how else will you know the pain/joy of finishing a book and WANTING MORE!! But waiting a decade for Author to finish the sequel(s), or new project.

That's because peterson threads tend to start with a piece of bait, a hook, a position. Book threads tend to start with "hurr what did you all think of X?" And they basically offer nothing and put all the work on a random other user to actually start the thread.

if you're not reading by the time you're a fetus it's already too late