Who do I read to prepare myself for getting started with the Greeks?

Who do I read to prepare myself for getting started with the Greeks?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgement_of_Paris
Wikipedia/wiki/List_of_Greek_mythological_figures#Immortals
sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

jm roberts' a history of the world

Wear a toga

Nothing, now get started on the Iliad.

Take a dildo and put it between your thighs.

I hope you're ready to read the preparatory text for the preparatory text of the preparatory text.

I think that secondary sources are most useful once you've read the primary sources, so really you should just start with the Iliad. Of course there's those two charts floating around with supplementary stuff like edith hamilton's mythology (which is where I'd start if you don't want to jump right in) and more academic textbooks that I wouldn't recommend. The problem you'll encounter is that you just don't have enough context, and as you read through you may become frustrated and feel like you don't get it. Reading too much secondary stuff will probably just put you off reading the primary sources, so just jump in and be confused for a little bit and eventually you will understand and hopefully get a lot of enjoyment from the greeks.

could someone with a university pass make a download file with all these books ?

impossible to find them online desus

>Hesiod's Theogony
>This Wikipedia article: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgement_of_Paris
>This wikiepdia article: Wikipedia/wiki/List_of_Greek_mythological_figures#Immortals
>The first three chapters of Edith Hamilton's Mythology
Then dive into the Iliad

i just want a stacey to hump will someone please respond

Be rich
Go to the gym
Have a handsome face

just be the god of the underworld bro

Honestly everything but the last part of Mythology is a good start, and you can read it in a weekend easily.

If I read Homer as well as 2ndary lit as well as all philosophers from Thales to Plotinus as well as 2ndary lit could I finally say I have started with the Greeks?

No. You have only begun to approach getting started with the Greeks.

Is Gilgamesh worth reading?

this

What is after this?

O shining Odysseus, never try to console me for dying.
I would rather follow the plow as thrall to another
man, one with no land allotted to him and not much to live on,
than be a king over all the perished dead.

Wtf? No Zend Avesta, especially Gathas which goes way back? No Shahnameh? Also what about Indians with their Vedic myths, like Mahabharata?

No, because you didn't even read Hesiod, later poets or the tragedians

>implying you'll even read a single whole book before going back to video games and coming here a week after to post about how anime are a superior medium anyway

bump for zeus

no, try harder

Can you mention the essential ancient poets and tragedians aside from Homer and Hesiod?

sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html

That Pluto is fucking CLAIMING her. You fuckers realize she's 13-14, right?

As they say, start with the Greeks.