Don't be a retard like me and fall for the wild salmon meme...

Don't be a retard like me and fall for the wild salmon meme. I wanted something extra special so instead of the usual farmed salmon I bought some extra expensive wild salmon.

It tastes like ass, the meat is tough, it tastes gamey (I didn't know fish could but it do) and it is surprisingly lean. I had wild sockeye before and it was pretty much the same but I blamed that on it being a different kind of salmon instead of being wild. This time I tried wild salmo salar though and it's the same.

Get yourself a good brand of farmed salmon. It'll taste much better. Fuck wild salmon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fTCQ2IA_Zss
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Salmon is a meme fish user. We all know it's about that

>Farm fresh Codâ„¢

King is pretty tasty, but not worth the price, IMO. And yes, the species is relevant. Sockeye and coho are lean as fuck, which is why it tends to dryness. Consider trying steelhead or arctic char as well.

why would the farmed salmon have more toxins? I've been to fish farms, water quality is important as fuck to them

>X is Y as fuck
your post is reddit as fuck

>attributing incredibly common phrases to Reddit
Not sekrit club enough for you?

>incredibly common
maybe if you're a bugman redditor

>"x" as fuck
I've seen this sentence construct many, many times on this site. Sorry user. You're being a bit of an uppity autist.

>user
another sign of a redditor: trying too hard to fit in using "chan lingo"

i agree with this lad

youtube.com/watch?v=fTCQ2IA_Zss

Saying "user" is Reddit now? Have things come so full-circle? I'm not the poster you were replying to previously either. That was my first post in this thread.

It's interesting to me that you read it as sounding Reddit based on the use of a ubiquitous Veeky Forums word. But it seems you probably thought I was that same poster defending himself. I probably do sound retarded, because it's 2 AM here and I'm tired as fuck, but I've been a purveyor of fine chan memes for something like 9 years and counting. So it seems you're barking up the wrong tree a bit. Merry Christmas.

>9 years
chanology gaiafag

That's why you buy the fancy Scottish farmed salmon from a good high quality brand.

I still don't understand your meme. You called me a soyboy or something in that other thread. But the gaia bit is retarded and doesn't make sense.

Point is, you're an idiot for trying to weed-out Redditposters and doing a terrible job at it.

>not exclusively eating swordfish

I don't eat no pussy Sale Man

>farmed fish is dangerous
Literally tinfoil

>REDDIT SPACING
REDDIT SPACING
>REDDIT SPACING
REDDIT SPACING
>REDDIT SPACING
REDDIT SPACING
>REDDIT SPACING
REDDIT SPACING

GO BACK TYRONE NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE

You are confirming how reddit you are Redditors are like jews
They get loud when called out

Go back

soyboys

>wild skrill
>shellfish somehow aren't marine organisms
>fat is bad
>no fucking sources

They are penned. Is that the right word?
Farmed salmon is kept in areas in the sea that they aren't able to escape from. Mostly. They do escape.
They are fed feed that turns their flesh redish in color.
They taste "gamey".
Wild caught Pacific Ocean salmon has a different taste than Altlantic Ocean salmon.
It's the Atlantic breeds that are farmed, and they are farmed in Pacific Ocean pens.
At times they escape their pens and cross breed with Pacific Ocean salmon.
The breeding pens for farmed salmon are not fresh water, they are bred in salt water, ocean.
Their food and food waste (poop) escapes into the ocean.
It's a borderline invasive species and it dumbs down Pacific Ocean salmon .. flavor/taste.
There is a huge difference between Atlantic and Pacific salmons' flavor. Farmed fishing is resulting in interbreeding and the dumbing down of wild Pacific salmon and we are not happy about that.
Sockeye>Coho>King>everything else. Silvers are tiny, and kings are huge, that's why the industry standard is Sockeye. When Coho is running, I buy them sized. Winter time calls for frozen Sockeye.
I'm less than 50 miles from where our salmon is caught. Coastal fag. Chef fag.

Thanks for reminding me not to spend my entire Christmas day on Veeky Forums.

Fuck who am I kidding, I'm spending my entire Christmas day on Veeky Forums.

I hate you people.

Heard the fish were all dying in the river. Could this be an act of cod?

In not any of the posters in this thread, but I see you guys get so butthurt about other people using a popular website.
Can you please explain why it's such a big deal that someone enjoys something? Why does it get you guys so upset, that you have to stop whatever you are doing, so you can post "hey everybody, look at this guy, he uses the internet!"
Im legit asking

>t. redditard

Redditards need to go, but so do people complaining about reddit spacing when the poster is posting the same way we have been posting for years and years.

Everything I dont like is reddit

>liking the fish for people who hate fish

I heard that redditards like to breath. Maybe you should stop. Wouldn't want anyone to mistake you for the "enemy team".

yall niggas getting baited tbqhwyf

OP is correct, I bought some wild salmon and ended up throwing it all away

Salmon tastes good, sorry you dont like a delicious fish, you colossal fagtron. Thats not to say other fish are bad.

Le epic poltrol

Ok, but why? You didn't answer my question, you just chose to try and insult me.

I live on the west coast of Canada and here the best thing for me is wild sockeye salmon. It is so, so, so good. Farmed salmon is alright but definitely a tier below wild sockeye salmon. Are you sure you cooked it properly you neanderthal?

farmed fish need pesticides

Savvy adults use Tentacl

t. Monsanto

>Rich in toxins and carcinogens is only listed under farmed salmon

An extremely misleading image. By virtue of pollution and bioaccumulation, all fish are an efficient vehicle of introducing garbage into the body. Animal protein itself is a carcinogen.

>the fish for people who hate fish
That's tilapia.

Animal protien does not cause cancer soy boi take that shit to the vegan thresd

I catch all my fish in the wild. The meat of trout/salmon is more pale if the fish has been upriver longer or is nearing the end of their spawning cycle when it comes to salmon in particular. There is no difference in taste between a pale river fish and bright pink deep water fish.

So much bullshit in that picture.

Love you too user

OP's image is just some stupid shit made to push the "organic" bullshit marketing term. It's like the same shit with juices that say it was cold-pressed, people don't actually understand what it means in that context but think it's better because it's also more expensive.

you type like a huge faggot that's from yahoo answers and nothing you posted actually answered my question.

>I eat food based on the social media cool points
how to out yourself as a roastie: the post.

One reason could be that they are highly stressed due to living in such poor conditions, which could reduce in high levels of inflammation and oxidation which would indeed make their meat more toxic

Diets too. If they are fed vegetable oil, it could result in fish with higher levels of Omega-6s and lower Omega-3s. It might sound like bullshit, but there is research out there that shows a higher ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 leads to inflammation, and those types of fats lead to CAD and other vascular issues.

Maybe the wild wasn't ass fresh?

I agree about wild being too lean though. The fat is where the flavor is at.

>wasn't ass fresh?