Who thought this fruit was a good idea?

Who thought this fruit was a good idea?

the large ones with all the chewy seeds are definitely are not everyone's cup of tea to be sure. But the small baby ones are god tier in Puttanesca, or Königsberger dumplings.

Those things are just like capers, just worse
I don't know why anyone would use them at all

First you're going to have to tell me what the fuck they are.

those are terrible but the small ones are nice

Not to be rude but why are you on the cooking board?

This

Snob

Caperberries

This is Veeky Forums, not /a/

They're fucking awesome as part of a charcuterie or cheese plate. Also good on pizza, if you slice them.

Are those olives?

Maybe he wants to learn about cooking?! What a dumb question, seriously. Are only people above your personallly approved-of level of proficiency allowed here? Look at how many dumb shits have no clue about cooking nowadays, you should be glad about anyone willing to learn.

Caperberries. Capers are the edible flower buds of the caper bush, caperberries are the actual fruit.

Are you a female or just a huge faggot?

I've eaten these plenty of times (it's cool to open them up an see the immature flower inside) but I recently came across them sold in a little jar, covered in salt. Do you have to cook them in something to make them edible?

Are you still a moron or already a full blown imbecile?

That's a lot of salt.

Why would you salt them? That looks disgustingly salty.

>salted capers
God tier capers right there!
Forget those brine fuckers.
Yes, they are insanely salty, but if you rinse them before use, they are fantastic little flavour bombs.
Oh, and caper berries are great too. A bit of a weird mouth-feel for the larger ones, but other than that, they are fine.

When I was a kid, the little capers floating around inside pickle jars grossed me the fuck out. I had no idea what they were at the time.

how do you feel about them now?

Don't forget to like and subscribe.

I like them now really. I'm not even sure what I thought they were as a kid.

Just use less salt for the rest of the dish and let the caper salt do the job for you. They just need a bit of cooking time to let the water leach the salt out of them.