What is the dance?

What is the dance?

It's devil shit... you wouldn't understand

hmm

Heaven.

Waltz

the multitude of false physical selves competing to assert themselves which sustains the demiurge's universe

Did the judge rape and kill the kid? Or did the judge and the kid lay a pipe on the bear girl? Smh

The judge is a character that will endure in literature forever.

It's life

Endless rapine and slaughter

maybe both?

ye

How bad will the movie version be?

"Moral law is an invention of mankind for the disenfranchisement of the powerful in favor of the weak. Historical law subverts it at every turn. A moral view can never be proven right or wrong by any ultimate test. A man falling dead in a duel is not thought thereby to be proven in error as to his views. His very involvement in such a trial gives evidence of a new and broader view. The willingness of the principals to forgo further argument as the triviality which it in fact is and to petition directly the chambers of the historical absolute clearly indicates of how little moment are the opinions and of what great moment the divergences thereof. For the argument is indeed trivial, but not so the separate wills thereby made manifest. Man's vanity may well approach the infinite in capacity but his knowledge remains imperfect and howevermuch he comes to value his judgments ultimately he must submit them before a higher court. Here there can be no special pleading. Here are considerations of equity and rectitude and moral right rendered void and without warrant and here are the views of the litigants despised. Decisions of life and death, of what shall be and what shall not, beggar all question of right. In elections of these magnitudes are all lesser ones subsumed, moral, spiritual, natural."

The Judge is petitioning the chambers of the historical absolute.The kid (the man in the dance) is the Judge's worthy opposition. This is illustrated in his characterization of the kid, “You alone were mutinous. You alone reserved in your soul some corner of clemency for the heathen.”

It's the circle of life

franco directing?

directing, writing, and starring

Seth Rogen and Shia LaBeouf no doubt also involved

a show of, and joy in, power
>scalpers torment a town
>dance
>kids
>new generation which can change the world and do what they want
>judge rapes and kills them
>dances
>bear
>represents nature
>powerful animal changed and reduced to a harmless show for the gain of humans
>dances
>isn't in control
>is killed
>The Kid
>thinks dancing is stupid
>holds clemency for the heathen
>changing the world through thin kindness
>judge kills him
>dances
>will never die
>won't even sleep
also
>Jesus is killed
>clothes are sold
>Bear is killed
>fur is sold
>judge is hairless

Sidenote. I'm presently finishing reading The Road, and I hate it and wonder why McCarthy got such an unanymous praise. What other book by him should I read ? I'm benevolent.

Fuck me. Should be PTA directing - There Will be Blood was very Blood Meridian. Get Day Lewis as the judge, would be amazing

Have you read Blood Meridian?

If not read Blood Meridian and then Suttree. There are distinct tiers of his works. Not quite fair to decide whether McCarthy is shit when you're reading some of his lesser novels.

The loved the road. What don't you like about it?

stfu nietzsche

?

Is it terrible that I can't help but imagine whenever the judge is dancing I envision him doing ridiculous modern dancing and not 1800's appropriate dancing. I know it's stupid but every time I read it I can't not see a 7ft bald albino doing Disco Stu dance moves.

Nah, get John Hillcoat to direct it. The Proposition is probably the closest thing to BM ever put to screen. Even Roger Ebert said so.

Read the poem Hyacinths by Theodor Storm.

It's war.

That's it.

I thought Franco dropped it. Is he doing it again?

If so, wait 20 years for somebody else to adapt it. Preferably me.

>also
>>Jesus is killed
>>clothes are sold
>>Bear is killed
>>fur is sold
>>judge is hairless
damn