I'm looking for a life changing book. Any recommendations?

I'm looking for a life changing book. Any recommendations?

No commercial self-help tomes or Nihilism please. I'm looking for more spiritual/philosophical books but with a practical side. Preferably non-fiction but happy to look into fiction titles.

I'm at my lowest point and don't see a future for myself. I need something or someone to relate to. I need to snap out of it and I figured a good book could be a good way of doing this

Other urls found in this thread:

sacred-texts.com/eso/aww/index.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

my diary desu

Im ngl confederacy of dunces helped me a lot after I got diagnosed with schizophrenia

this not even kidding

Sounds interesting but pretty Nihilistic. Not sure if thats what I need right now. Did this book have a big influence on you personally?

bump

Dune. It helped me so much in fighting my own anxieties about my life and the future. It also rekindled my relationship with God, if you're open to that sort of thing.

read any of hte following

they changed my life

Derrida
Michael Foucalt
Marx Stirner
Shakespear
Alberto Eco
Dante (fucking Dante)
Homer (not Simpson)
RIchard Dawkins (for dispelling all the god fairytales and other b**shit)

This book saved my life. Not sure of the practicality of it, though.

reading her essays right now

simone weil is God tier

literally

>9886301
read the brothers karamazov

also read pavel florensky

epictetus and seneca

the Dhammapada
The Mind Illuminated

The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius

Seems she is catching on. Have felt quite lonely with my fascination with her. I was at a very dark place when I first stumbled upon and read the Attente de Dieu collection, and it was . . . an event that was quite hard to fathom, let alone put into words. Like a lightning struck into the core of my soul.

>derrida
>changing anything

Nishitani Keiji's "Religion and Nothingness"

David Benatar - Better Never to Have Been

OP, the only thing I can suggest is to find something you're really interested in and read a great book about that topic. Thinking about the books that have changed my life, they're almost all just well-written academic monographs that engaged me on the level of ideas rather than giving me philosophical 'reason to live'. That gave me my own reason to live by giving me something to think about. I'm not sure that dwelling on life itself is really useful for becoming happy. But developing an intense interest in something, whether it's a butterfly collection, renaissance literature, or geology, can put you in a position where one day, after a few years, it suddenly occurs to you that everything is pretty good, really. Best of luck, man.

say something about it my man

I haven't read much stirner but I've read about him

In what ways does this philosophy not justify rape?

you're dumb learn to read better derrida was cool

I hate to sound so trite, but a life-changing book is one that you come across, not one that you look for.

The Art of Worldly Wisdom - Balthasar Gracian
sacred-texts.com/eso/aww/index.htm

Do you really want to rape someone?

It's Umberto, mmurifag. Nice list, however

Thus Spoke Zarathustra (either Kauffman or Martin translation)

I'm being serious. It's existentialism, not nihilism, and is wildly uplifting. Skip the parts regarding his mysogyny cause they're useless and more so read segments like "Reading and Writing" and "The Afterworldly"

Why would he skip the mysogynist parts ? They're the most important ones.
How do you want to live a meeaningful life if you don't aknowledge woman as an untrustworthy creature wich you should not long for ?

Siddharta from Hesse helped me put things into perspective.