I'm dating a vegan, she's surprisingly not annoying about it either

I'm dating a vegan, she's surprisingly not annoying about it either.

What are some good vegan foods you can suggest that I can make for us to eat together.

My only rule is no tomato unless it's a sauce, cannot stand the texture.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0q66NuZrB2E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lentil dahl

ask her if she swallows human semen, assuming it is obtained voluntarily.

Thanks
She does.

feed her sausage

If you like middle eastern food, there's lots of vegan dishes you can try. Spreads (Hummus, Baba Ghanoush), salads (Taboulé, Kisir, Fattoush), Falafel, Tajine with vegetables, Rice Pilaf

I recommend it because you kinda learn how to handle raw vegetables and herbs well and you get to learn how to use spices properly. Freshly chopped parsley and mint make the best salads (also fresh mint tea is really nice, vegan hipster chicks dig it), Tahini makes the best vegan sauces and salad dressings, cumin and sumach are really nice too and if your gf isn't too anal about you eating meat when she's around, all of that shit makes for some nice condiments to enjoy alongside steak or chicken.

I've been thinking of making a pilaf some time, you don't happen to have a good recipe laying around?

I'm also dating a vegan, and he's not annoying about it either! He doesn't cook much, but I do, so here's some stuff I make him that he fucking goes apeshit over:

1) vegan chili (using vegan "crumbles" in place of meat, serve with shredded daiya or whatever if she wants, i always top mine with actual cheese or sour cream)
2) Lentil bolognese! You can use any kind of lentils, really, but I prefer du puy. Red ones are also good in this dish.
3) Mujadara (lentils and rice with caramelized onions, it's so fucking good.)
4) Get some vegan dumplings and make a vegan miso dumpling soup with lacinato kale or whatever greens you want.
5) DESU a simple lacinato kale salad is delicious (rip and massage with EVOO and lemon juice, and let it sit. After it softens a bit, add thin sliced red onions, pomegranate seeds, sliced almonds, and a tahini lemon dressing.)
6) I know you don't like tomatoes, but you could make a chilled lentil/red onion/tomato salad with a tahini lemon vinagrette and it's fucking delicious. Just put all the tomatoes in her dish instead of yours when you serve it.

Also:
7) In the last two minutes of cooking pasta, toss in some kale or other stiff green. Save some pasta water when you drain it, and make a simple sauce with sautéed onions/garlic/mushrooms (if you like 'em, I personally don't), throw in some of the pasta water and some unsweetened almond or soy milk and some nutritional yeast, then toss the pasta and greens in.
8) Press a block of tofu, then dice it. Roast it with chopped broccoli/onions/cauliflower and toss it with a soy/ginger/sesame oil mixture for the last 10 minutes of roasting. You can also sub chickpeas for the tofu if you buy into the soyboy meme which is fucking dumb.

LMK if you want more recommendations for different dishes, happy to help you adapt them to be vegan.

>he doesn't cook much
>or whatever if she wants
getting mixed messages here senpai

I also just started dating a vegan. Hopefully it's not the same person

"he" refers to my boyfriend, "she" refers to OP's girlfriend. it's really not that hard to figure out.

>he's not annoying
>if she wants

Are you dating a hermaphrodite?

see c'mon, guys. use your brains.

You know what else is not hard to figure out? Basic English writing skills. Learn how to write and maybe people won't be confused at what you typed. Based on your post, you're "boy"friend is also a woman.

This. You need to be able to write in a way that requires the least amount of context. Not establishing nouns is really confusing.

>1)
As a meat eater I started just using a bunch of mixed beans, buckwheat and chickpeas to make my chilis, and beef stock though it isn't vegan. Don't need to get what I assume are expensive and tasteless "crumbles".

Post feet.

>if you buy into the soyboy meme which is fucking dumb.
Yes, soyim, keep eating that delicious soy.

Sweet potato aloo gobi

I'm not using to communicating with single-digit IQ individuals, I apologize

Used to, autocorrect

Imagine spending so much time on the internet you can't use gender as a selection restriction to dereference pronouns anymore.

When I started dating my current girlfriend I realized how much happier I was that she ate everything and loved whatever I put in front of her. It was such a chore coming up with recipes to make something I wasn't even excited about with my vegetarian ex, I think I'd be miserable cooking for a vegan.

falafels are gud

>My only rule is no tomato unless it's a sauce, cannot stand the texture.
>dating a vegan
ill take fries with my soyboy deluxe

I'm living with a vegan ATM as well picked up some good recipes from him, for breakfast I usually have a Sweet Potato and Tofu sandwich, it's great.

I was surprised how easy it was to go vegan. I eat one meal per day, so I just eat half a jar of almond butter and some broccoli

sauteed chicken with brandy deglaze

>sauteed chicken
>vegan

that sounds bland and depressing

>no tomato
what are you, 12?

Baghali polo has fava beans, dill weed, and rice
Alternatively, you could make kabuli pulao, which has onions, carrots, raisins, almonds, pistachios, ginger, garlic, cumin, peas, stock (an herbsy homemade vegetable stock will do just fine for this), and rice.
There's also kushari, which has rice, noodles, chickpeas, lentils, caramelised onions, and tomato-cumin sauce.
The simplest, cheapest, and easiest to make pilaf/pulao-like dish is probably mujaddara, which has caramelised onions, lentils, and rice, mixed together, optionally served with a bit of cumin or strained yoghurt.

Cute animals thank you butt you need to learn how to cook. Vegan is cheaper, healthier, and morally super. Try spaghetti, cheese dips, or hummus. Easy, quick and cheap.

>roasted yam/pumpkin/squash
>whole grain couscous
>colorful variety of steamed veggies
>hemp/pumpkin/sunflower seeds
You can make your own veggie stock, or you can buy some to cook your couscous in. I usually toss my cooked couscous and steamed veggies (kale, purple cabbage, broccoli, yellow cauliflower) together, top it off with some seeds and tahini dressing, sprinkle with enough salt and pepper to suit your taste. I like to roast a bunch of Japanese yams, or a couple of butternut squashes, and I peel them and mash them up. You can enhance their sweetness with a little bit of brown sugar and cinnamon, or you can add salt to make them savory.

>lentils
>lentils
>lentils
>tofu
>chickpeas
wow having a vegan s/o sounds great

>eggplant

>Meat
>Meat
>Meat
>Potatoes
>Potatoes
Wow, being you sounds so great.

Use your head and you can get decent variety doing different dishes even when omitting some ingredients.

>dating a vegan
Dump her. Would you like some Rat-au-vin to help you think?
youtube.com/watch?v=0q66NuZrB2E

>hurr durr you should have made it simpler for ME to read it's YOUR responsibility

>cheese dips
nice try cheese is off the menu

What about ceviche? It has tomatoes, but in little chunks and they kind of hide.

Instead of fish, just simmer some green jackfruit in miso broth and shred/chop along with some heart of palm (poached in the broth).

Add in some cubed avocado, cucumber, tomato, finely minced jalapeno, red onion, garlic, cilantro, some evoo, a good amount of fresh lime juice and a little lime zest, a lot of salt, stir and let it sit overnight. Eat it as a salad, put it on bread, eat with crackers, whatever.

Hummus, baba ganoush, tabbouleh, dolma, all good choices.

Soups are easy, like minestrone, cold cucumber soup, borscht (just use a roasted mushroom/onion broth instead of beef broth), coconut curries, etc.

I've been a vegetarian for 6 years and never had any major cravings for meat, until about 2 months ago. Whenever I get hungry, I can't stop thinking about a nice piece of smoked ham or some crispy bacon, or just a steak. The strangest thing is that I didn't even like those things when I ate meat.

Lasagne with TVP instead of mince.

Rajma (masala)
Spaghetti with napoli sauce
Polish tomato soup
Bratkarfoffeln

All have tomato, none has tomato texture, unless you cook it too little

lo mein with tofu

Pipe down nigger. This thread was fine until you brought your bad vibes into it.