Stack, which one to start

Which book should I start with from my stack first? Just finished history of The eye by Bataille

Stoner

is it really that good? I've had it recommended, that's why I decided to purchase

August 1914

Why is your August 1914 so small?

I don't know, maybe it's just an earlier edition?

do you think it misses out on crucial point because it's shorter?

that;s a pretty solid stack user, read solzy

This is all I have with me for the next month and a half, what should I read next?

Almost finished The Crusades, it isn't too bad, so far.

>Primo Levi: The Periodic Table

Did he actually write a book on chemistry? Or is it also about the Holocaust? I've only read his book about being in Auschwitz.

Rate me boys

It uses the Periodic Table as a frame for stories with the given chemical element tying into the story in some way. There's a concentration camp story in it if I recall.

you gonna read mathematics for college or just for fun?

Just for fun to supplement my computer science knowledge, refresh what I forgot and to advance where I left off. I have a small wishlist of more advanced mathematics I want to study but these types of books generally never drop in price below a certain threshold and I am a poorfag.

How much of a meme is error theory?

No picture but I bought 3-4 days ago Complete works of William Shakespeare, Faust & Paradise Lost.

I want to get Ezra Pound, Whitman, Mill collected works if I can find them and KJV Bible + Moby Dick.

Any recommendations for version of Moby Dick to look out for?

Every Day life in Imperial China. Tell me more about the Crusades. Any bias or editorialising that occurs in it or what?

Irwin who? How is J.L. Mackie's Ethics?

From what I've heard at the end of the book he provides his own thoughts and theses as to how the Crusades are affecting us to this day, and the people I've heard that from didn't speak highly of his conclusions.

He explicitly uses the positive and negative terms for success and failures depending on which narrative he's focusing on, i.e. in a chapter focusing on Crusaders he'll describe an event as "fortunate" while in a Muslim focused chapter he'd describe the same event as "unfortunate".

At certain points of the book he'll sort of mention his own opinion based on the facts, like since Nur al-Din never focused on jihad for the majority of his life and instead attacked other muslims to increase his power, Asbridge tells us that he never viewed the Christians as a true threat worthy of much time.

>Precalculus
>Basic College Mathematics

Kek this is the highest level of math a software "engineer" needs.

>The Way of Men
I tried reading this, but it was too collectivist. Have you read it much yet? What are your thoughts?

Also, isn't Great Again ghostwritten?

Is The South was Right a good book or is it just shitposting?

Don't start with Solzh's 1914. Read the Gulag Archipelago!

Thanks. Any other suggestions over the Crusades or readings on Islam? I've got a few books on my reading list about the Crusaders and I might post some things later to see what people have to say.

Sorry, no idea really. I'm a near-east and medieval brainlet. I figured the Crusades would give me a good starting point for both. I'd be interested to see what you have on your list, though.

Also reading The Way Of Men...enjoying it so far.

you learn C by programming in it, not by buying physical reference manuals.

I already know C. It's good to have a physical reference manual.

physical programming books are a meme. if you know C, then you only need to look up the things you don't know on the internet.

Just got home so it'll probably be a while on the few books I have. Took a course with a professor I'm close to who is more of a European Medievalist but has an increasing interest in Islam during the Middle Ages.

tear me apart boys. I finished Lazy and The Atrocity Exhibition this summer, loved both. I'm terrified of starting Finnegan's Wake though, anyone got any good advice? I was thinking of getting a copy of Campbell's Skeleton key because desu I don't know how else I'll mange

How's my power level?

how much did a copy of Lazy run you

The Master and Margarita is fun as fuck. A Farewell to Arms is great too but the ending crushed me. Haven't read the others but I'd like to read The Lost World and The Brothers K. someday.

r8

Absolutely terrible, maybe with the exception of Lolita.

Hope you enjoy Wind-Up Bird. One of my favorite reads when I was first getting into lit. Thinking about reading it again

No it's terrible too

It was a gift but it seems like they go for $79-90

It was a gift but it seems like they go for $70-90

Good photo

Solzhenitsyn every time

True patrician coming through.

Mackie's Ethics is legit. On the other hand, I'm slightly retarded and it just resonated very profoudnly with me

HAHAhA IDIOT!

that's some serious David Duke-core, user

I've wanted that early Irish Myths and Sagas for a while. Reading Temple of Golden Pavilion right now, pretty good. Can't comment on the others though.

I wonder what the feds will think when they find lolita and weeb shit in his safehouse.

was there any surprise that a KKK spokesperson who couldn't get pussy had to rely on lolita and weebshit though

he's probably already on a watchlist for playing hyperdimension neptunia even once

>implying David Duke likes girls

I'm shocked that you're literate

>monster girl encyclopedia
I guarantee at some point you had an anime girl with a maga hate as a profile pic

Bros I got high and ordered too many books, where do I start

Tartar Steppe
Book of the New Sun (currently reading the first one)
Forty Stories
Midnight's Children
Autumn of the Patriarch
Ficciones
No One Writes the Colonel (and other short stories)
A Canticle for Leibowitz
Under the Volcano
East of Eden

Ficciones or Midnight's Children

A Canticle for Leibowtiz
East of Eden

Which isn't a bad thing.

portable library edition

That Moby Dick looks suspiciously thin

Not true! Mine is THICC and juicy

Your Moby Dick looks suspiciously thin user!

>principles of mathematical analysis
i'm jelly. where and for how much did you get that, user?

Top-meme that can't into ontology or pragmatics. Steer well clear, lad.

>Jealous of the STEM meme.

Learn how to reply to a post friendo

Already started all of them. Which to finish first?

1. Bookchin
2. Foucault
3. Dosto
4... eh I wouldn't even bother with Franzen
Partially just commenting to keep this thread ahead of another thread which could be mistaken for a stack thread.

I'm reading Brothers K and have read As I Lay Dying. What's next?

Here's the full stack actually.

War and Punishment. Read both of them next, in whatever order you wish.

Yeah I was thinking of War & Peace next. Gonna take a break from novels for a bit and read the Gita though. When I get back to it I'll read War & Peace. Might do Fury after that though. I head Crime & Punishment wasn't as good as Brother's K or War & Peace.

Still something worth getting through in my opinion. Let me know how that goes though if you are still watching this thread.

Clockwork elves / 10

Just arrived.

Both of the Kafka works and then Hesse.

norton critical edition bby

like 30 bucks off amazon or some equivalent
international paperback made for india

The Art of the Deal is worth nothing. You'll get so much more out of his rallies. They're really something to see.

>Linear Algebra Done Right

Literally the worst math.
I got a 60% on my Topics in Linear Algebra final, but the teacher and class were so bad that I was scaled up to an A.

It's the only metaethics for people with 3 digit IQs. I'd recommend Jonas Olson's 2014 book as a follow-up.

That press conference yesterday was pretty impressive as well. And fake news is even faker today, when will they ever learn.

That's the norton critical. I have it as well. The full text is actually less than half of that and the rest is critical essays. Its printed on bible paper pretty much.

¿Que?

there is a subsection of the conspiracy theorist that say the Illuminati who dose lsd to talk to Clockwork elves in the 5th demolition

Why? Is Franzen shit?