Book Depository proxy

Has Book Depository finally fixed the proxy exploit? I placed an order with a uk proxy and there was no problem whatsoeverwith the card check. Then I got a mail saying the order was cancelled and refunded.

>We're sorry to let you know we are unable to process your order, as there has been an issue with the payment details you have supplied. We suggest you double-check the details you supplied are correct as they appear on your card, or contact your card provider for more information.

For those who didn't know, Book Depository has different prices depending on region.

Other urls found in this thread:

bookdepository.com/Three-Kingdoms-No-1-4-Luo-Guanzhong/9787119005904
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

anyone knows about this?

Trying luck again. Pretty sure there's people from outside the uk/usa that use the site.

Yeah, I think so. I ordered a book like a month ago and it hasn't arrived yet, still no refund though.

I assume you used a proxy? It does take a month sometimes. I've been buying for some years and the few times the book didn't arrive they sent a replacement right away, no questions asked.

I've used bookdespository for a couple of months and it always arrives on time after 14 days or so. I discovered their price differentiation system by accident because I looked back at a book and the price had suddenly doubled. I turned on a British VPN and got the book for half the price, but it hasn't arrived yet.

I'm guessing it's not related to the proxy buy user. Care to tell me which vpn you used?

Private Internet Access

Thanks user

Can anyone check what region this is cheapest?

bookdepository.com/Three-Kingdoms-No-1-4-Luo-Guanzhong/9787119005904

USA with 40% off: US$ 32.88
UK with no discount: US$ 25.87

You can get an idea of the price depending on where the publisher is located. If it's in London, it's probably going to be less expensive in the UK, and I say probably because discounts play a big part.
This is an odd example because it's published by the Foreign Languages Press, located in China.

Thanks, so it's like $4 cheaper in the UK than in my region.

Few questions;

Will it take longer for it to arrive?
If it doesn't arrive for some reason, do they usually give the refund?
Do I use my actual bookdepository account?
What VPN should I get, any free ones?

cheap as fuck. no delivery fee.
be grateful user

I'm OP and also and here's the thing. Today my orders where cancelled. I put these under a UK proxy and it didn't work. I placed a new one under a USA proxy and so far so good but I'm not going to be sure it works until I receive the mail saying the book is on its way.

>Will it take longer for it to arrive
No. The point is once all the paying and checking part is done, the package will be sent to its target destination. Same origin, same destiny as if done without a proxy.

>If it doesn't arrive for some reason, do they usually give the refund?
It happened to me two times and both were done without proxy (and the customer service was flawless), so I can't answer this. I can tell you that I wouldn't ask for a refund or another copy unless it was an expensive buy, just in case.

>Do I use my actual bookdepository account?
Up to you. I use the same for everything and you won't go to jail or anything like that for this.

>What VPN should I get, any free ones?
I have an exclusive password for Book Depository and I use my credit card a lot so I have an eye on it all the time. If someone were to steal my password or credit card, I don't give a fuck as I can just call the credit card company and solve it.
A private VPN is way safer, no doubt about that. They're cheap too.

The item price includes the delivery fee and it gets higher the further away you are from the source, obviously.

its the delivery fee you retard

?

Book Depositry says they offer """"""""""""""""free"""""""""""""""" delivery and then adjust the book's price depending on where you're at

and that's exactly what I said at the end of , genius

Uhm did I fucking reply to you?

yes you did. Getting hard without usernames my friend?

Don't ever fucking reply to me again.

Thanks brah. Ordered and saved like 9 dollars.

I tried using Windscribe with USA, Luxembourg and UK, but the price didn't change, even when I changed the actual currency. How come?

I check prizes via UK vpn and they're the same. Checked especially Is there something I need to do besides activate VPN and refresh product page, or is this just fake?

OK, my mistake, it actually works. I checked from another browser, it seems like the fuckers check cookies or something.
Bless you OP if I order and it actually arrives. When I think of all those wasted money...

So, how can I check which region is the cheapest?

As figured out, cookies.

You have to manually compare, but I only use USA and UK.

Also don't forget to check prices with your tablet/smart phone. If you're using 4g it'll probably have a different price that if you check from your home computer (or the device connected through wifi). Then again, don't forget to clean cookies if you browsed the site connected through wifi before.

Ok, op here. I got the email saying it's on its way. Definitely still working. Happy buying kids.