Veeky Forums opinion about his books?

Veeky Forums opinion about his books?

The Jaunt is his best work and it's like 2 pages long.

I think that Misery is best, or one of bests. This ending, for me 10/10

The man is a legend. He creates some of the most authentic characters I've encountered in literature.

Pet Semetary made me want to have children, oddly.

misery's great but the ending wasn't anything particularly special

The Girl Who Lived Tom Gordon was crazy as fuck, but then again I was thirteen when I read it. Dream catcher was a crazy cool movie, when I was still master bating in dial up cable internet

Hearts in Atlantis is a better novel than American Pastoral.

I once watched a copy of The Stand impregnate a woman. No fucking shit.

A lot of his shorts are good reads.

fpbp
he can't write an ending for shit but his short stories are amazing

He's hit or miss, but he's pretty good when he's on.

Mindless fun. Some of them attempt to be deep--to varying degrees of success--but most are just a good way to pass the time, and there's not a damn thing wrong with that.

I find his non-horror work to be far better than the stuff he's most well known for.

Cervantes desu

I dont know the name in english but i liked that one where a bunch of guys have to run for miles until only one is left kinda like battle royale, i regret that i gave away that book

11/22/63 is the only one of his that I've read and it's absolute shit. Worse than Harry Potter.

He referred to himself as the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and fries, which is accurate. Fine for what he's trying to accomplish and has some solid books/short stories. I'll always have fond memories of his work because he was in the group of kind of shitty authors that made me enjoy reading at a young age.

Listen say whatever the fuck you want but the early Dark Tower books are some of the comfiest adventuring I know of

Every few years I realize hes still alive and I have to remind myself that he hasnt died of cancer despite all of photos of him giving me the impression that hes got some terminal illness.

Kinda goes down hill after book 4 though and the ending is one of the worst things I've ever read. Book 4 is the comfiest shit though.

Of no literary quality, but I found them fun as a kid.

>mfw I tell plebs that I like him even though I don't consider him good and their brains implode trying to realize that objective quality exists

How much ancient literature has SK read?

He himself admits it. I don't know why it's such a shock.

>Great
Dark Tower, IT
>Okay
Everything else he's wrote

what is his best collection

The Long Walk. His best book IMO-all the books he wrote under the Bachman pseudonym are among his best.

His best work is mediocre and he is overhyped normie tier garbage writing for idiot housewives and man-children. That said, I have read most of his books and do enjoy his direct and clear writing style, and his endless well of ideas. He protrays characters in a very believable way, and his stories always have elements to them that make it seem as if horrors within could really be lurking jusg around the corner sometimes. Veeky Forums is incredibly elitist, however, so they will never admit to enjoying his books since Stephen King is literally the most normie of adult fiction. Almost every normie that reads novels has a few King books lying around.

I say: try his books out, and if you enjoy them keep going. Form your own opinion instead of taking one from the Veeky Forums hivemind. Start with Carrie, The Shining, and Salem's Lot. It and The Stand are alright, but they are long reads. Avoid Tommy Knockers; and if you can't stand a King novel after the first 50 pages then drop it. His books typically pull you in and if you aren't hooked by then its too late. I make exceptions to this for books like It and Dreamcatcher. It gets better and better for example but starts off shittily.

He's better than Franzen

this

The guys that I met and that like Stephen king were normies

Different Seasons and Hearts in Atlantis are his best IMO.

i like his books, yes they are on the simple side but he has does well making stories out of simple ideas.

my favourite is 11.22.63, and the more i read of him the more i think he is better away from horror