Grandmother got me one of these bad boys for Christmas. What do?

Grandmother got me one of these bad boys for Christmas. What do?

Say thank you and give her a kiss on the cheek.

Cook shit.

Smooth it out with sandpaper so you can skip the process of seasoning. Then pretty much cook anything. Steak is a great start.

Beat your pets to death with it.

Enjoy those double trips

>get a hooker
>have sex
>pay
>bash her head in with your new pan
>take your money back

make your smoke alarm go off

Probably gonna try to make a pizza in it. Will post pictures of the outcome. Any topping recommendations?

painapple

>Any topping recommendations?
Pineapple

pie napple

Pan pizza

i think we can all agree that cheese pizza is the best pizza

Learn to clean it because those things will rust like a mother fuck if you're not careful.

Make a chicken dinner.

>bad boys
do native english speakers actually use this kind of slang irl? i would punch you in your mutt mug if i heard you

Shut the fuck up Ahmed

Pannukakku

Eggs and bacon nig

Whatever the fuck you want man. What's your favorite pizza?

fpbp

don't do this.

put a few drops of veggie oil on it, spread the oil over the whole top of the pan, walls and rim. stick in the oven for 30 minutes at 500 degrees F. it will smell kinda bad, open a window. let it cool, then repeat. do this 7 times.

Play PUBG

First dozen or so things you wanna make in it are fatty foods, ideally bacon

Clean it with lukewarm water, brush that isn't too abrasive, and towels - NEVER USE SOAP. NEVER!

Make sure it's always dry when not being cleaned, otherwise it'll rust

If you cook acidic foods in it like tomatoes or lemon juice stuff you may occasionally need to "reseason" it by covering it in a thin layer of oil (peanut, coconut, flax seed - whatever floats your boat) and stick it in the oven upside down on your oven's lowest setting just to cook off the excess oil. It's always a good precaution to put something under it to cook any oil that may drip down.

They're honest to god the best cookware around, and super easy to maintain. Just follow those simple rules

The soap thing is a meme. Even lodge recommends soap on their website

Anything but eggs, for the love of god.

y tho? i make omelets in mine all the time
>bic related

I'd rather be safe than sorry. Besides, the whole point is to transfer flavors by incorporating them into the iron. Why would you want to undo decades of built up flavor?

Hello literal retard

Oh go stick it in your blue hole

after wiping clean with paper towel

How many times have you posted this?

That's not the point at all you disgusting retard. You're just coating your food in rancid oil.

as many times as someone says 'don't ever do________ with cast iron'

>i would punch you in your mutt mug if i heard you
No you wouldn't

No, the point of seasoning is to protect the iron from rust and discourage sticking. If you've seasoned properly you've heated the oils on the surface and caused them to polymerize, which changes their molecular structure and binds them to the iron. Soap won't remove this without a metric fuckton of effort. The soap meme is a carryover from decades ago when soap was made with ash or some shit that had more acidity that could actually damage the seasoning. Dish soap won't do shit to cast iron.

GTA style

7 times? Holy fuck, I think I did it once mine and then just cooked some bacon in it.

First time ever having to spread or use flour in this way in my entire life. I don’t think I did too badly. It tasted very good and was cheap to make. I only went with mushroom and bacon. I used full fat Mozarella cheese and grated some Parmesan over it. After baking I threw more mozarella on it. I didn’t really have enough dough to fold up and make lifted crust so it’s a bit flatter than expected. For a $4 Pizza with natural ingredients, it’s pretty good.

Now you can get good crusts on steaks. Go get a ribeye or even a chuck eye like pic related

nice. pic of that fugger sliced open?

But of course

Panapple

To add to this, get a plastic scraper for hard to remove bits, and use a potato/veg brush if you got one for it.

Dedicate a microfibre cloth to wiping off the pan, since the cloth will be oily and stained over time.

Just don't use Dawn. It has a flavor that will stick to the pan.
You can make eggs, but only after it's well seasoned.

make sure you always keep it seasoned with a little salt and pepper

>open a window

You're lucky you don't live on the east side of ND. The windchill got down to -40 this morning. Longest drive to work ever.

I made these steak and potato nachos in mine not too long ago. I won't lie it was a buzzfeed recipe with some mods, but not bad.

I also like frying stuff in it. Best for steaks.

too fucking true

>painapple

She did good! These things are amazing for steak and burgers! I just made a burger on mine tonight!

Why do people live in assfuck nowhere with these terrible weather conditions?

because our ancestors moved here a century or so ago and formed communities for their descendants to live in

goddamn this is the truth. Should I set up fans or something? Everytime I use mine at home my mom bitches about all the smoke, but she barely cooks on one and doesn't understand.

Gosh Mom can’t you see that I’m making super secret hacker recipes from 4chans!

I'll give you one guess :^)

Actually I'm usually making burgers or steak.