Tfw fell for the hedonism meme

>tfw fell for the hedonism meme

I FEEL UNFULFILLED AS FUCK AND NOTHING ELSE FEELS LIKE IT'S WORTH DIRECTING MY ENERGIES TOWARDS.

WHY CAN'T I JUST ARBITRARILY BE FUCKING HAPPY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That sucks user. Nice dubs tho'

I don't think you understand what Hedonism is about.

You went for instant gratification. Me too.

Been there. For what it's worth neither intellectualism nor aestheticism brought long-term fulfillment either, though they're much more effective than instant gratification hedonism. I'm starting to think the only real solutions are to genuinely accomplish something (fat chance for most of us) or to start a family.

>not finding a nice girl and building a family
Dun goofed.

Life isn't about happiness it's about suffering, and since suffering is inescapable the point of life is to suffer in such a way as to create the most good.
If you are facing the problem of meaningless that means that you are in a privileged position of understanding and you are uniquely suited towards devoting your life to serving your community.
The sooner you accept this the better off you will be and the more things will make sense.
Hedonism was your childhood you outgrew it and it is time to be a man now.

Start meditating, you dumb fuck.
The scientific research hab been piling up for over a decade now.

I've tried meditating and it did absolutely nothing for me. Was I doing something wrong?

>Wasting time just sitting

That's why you pursue meaning. You gain meaning by doing something worthwhile.

i wish i even had energies to direct, let alone figure out what the fuck i should direct them to apart from consumption and escapism

someone seriously help me

Probably.
Could be that you are one of the few who it doesn't work with, but that's exceedingly unlikely.

Meditation is like a sport. You get better at it by repetition.
Just start with mindfulness meditation.
I'd suggest Zen Training by Sekida, since it will give you at least SOME theoretical stuff around it.
If you really can't stand it, get some of those secular books. Literally hundreds of those out there by now. Even fucking Sam Harris wrote an entire book on the subject.
If he can into meditation, so can you.

>fell for the hedonism meme

you should have listened

It's easy to fall for.

Consumption and escapism actually drain your energy.
You have no energy because paradoxically you sit around doing nothing all day.

Philosophical hedonism or "dude just party all the time #yolo" hedonism?

I also think that starting a family is the best solution. Problem is, that means having a wife

Direct them to knowledge, to the comprehension of absolute truth. Basically, start with the Greeks

I just do whatever I think will make me feel good in the short term because I can't think of any long term goals worth working towards, so I just think "screw it" and try to eke out as much pleasure as I can from the goods and services available to me at the present. That's basically been how I've operated throughout my life. My parents were of the "we're sure you'll work it out for yourself" mentality, which seemed fine at the time, but now I wonder if they should have given me a little more direction.

Being clinically depressed doesn't help either.

Uhh we already know dude, you aren't describing a novel experience or anything, it's the default status of the majority of our generation.

>Being clinically depressed doesn't help either.

So you are just coping. Okay. Here's what you do:
>get your daily life in order. Sleep hygiene, clean room, shower daily, stop eating and drinking like shit, sports at least 3x a week, get some sun or at least take high dosage Vit D3 pills and some fishoil
>have at least a couple IRL social connections. doesn't matter over what. no, they don't need to be bffs. just people with common interests you can somewhat relax around and have fun with
>get yourself some proper CBT
>start mindfulness-meditation, it demonstrably helps

If you only do half of this, your life will be better in a couple months.

>dont discuss politics unless you have read the king james bible in its entirety

yeah haha nice. good one

this

don't hope for a happy life, try and focus on achieving a meaningful one

This honestly. Best way to feel like you have more energy is to get out more an be more active. Ride a bike, join a gym, get a job that involves staying on your feet for most of the day, generally get out of the house more. Whilst your bodies active, your brain will be idle and you'll have more opportunity and reason to consider your options, or at least let your thoughts wander around a bit.
>Yes, I'm projecting
>No, I probably won't follow my own advice

Should have went jungian

Just responding to the question, bro.

>start with the Greeks
is this a meme?