Isn't the Übermensch itself the mythologizing Nietzsche warns of pursuing?

Isn't the Übermensch itself the mythologizing Nietzsche warns of pursuing?

no

its the overcoming of the human, the all too human

Yes, read Stirner to get a coherent critique of putting things above yourself,

Beautifully said

But what happens when you can't overcome overcoming?

then history repeats itself

>its the overcoming of the human, the all too human
Sounds like a load of bull.

when u have no idea what those ideas contain, yes. feels bad to be a brainlet doesnt it

purgatory
and if your strength fails you, hell

but if the idea of overcoming is BELIEVING that some being that transcends humantiy is possible,don't we face the problem of mythologization again?

Of course it is. It dawns on any honest student of Nietzsche sooner or later that he's a massive hypocrite.

>but if the idea of overcoming is BELIEVING that some being that transcends humantiy is possible,don't we face the problem of mythologization again?
it only depends on you, either you overcome yourself or you fail and die with pride, again "the kingdom of heaven lies within YOU" and no other transcient being or whatsoever

>its the overcoming of the human, the all too human

Yea humans are disposable and being human is totally lame

guess you read too much lukacs

>die with pride

Fuck I hate this spook. Consider how many brave valiant and decent young men from all times and nations who were eaten up by this ghost.

“But even regarding History as the slaughter-bench at which the happiness of peoples, the wisdom of States, and the virtue of individuals have been victimised — the question involuntarily arises — to what principle, to what final aim these enormous sacrifices have been offered.”

― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, The Philosophy of History

this.
and here is the problem, it is not beyond good and evil. every follower of Nietzsche who doesn't dare to criticize him ends up a massive hypocrite

but nietzsche even motivates his readers to criticize his philosophy, its nearly impossible to become a naive nietzsche-lifter, if you take his thinking seriously

yeah, that is why I emphasized those who don't care to criticize him because they unironically worship him

"Without rhetorical exaggeration, a simply truthful combination of the miseries that have overwhelmed the noblest of nations and polities, and the finest exemplars of private virtue, forms a picture of most fearful aspect, and excites emotions of the profoundest and most hopeless sadness, counterbalanced by no consolatory result. We endure in beholding it a mental torture, allowing no defence or escape but the consideration that what has happened could not be otherwise ; that it is a fatality which no intervention could alter. And at last we draw back from the intolerable disgust with which these sorrowful reflections threaten us, into the more agreeable environment of our individual life the Present formed by our private aims and interests.
>In short we retreat into the selfishness that stands on the quiet shore, and thence enjoys in safety the distant spectacle of "wrecks confusedly hurled."
But even regarding History as the slaughter-bench at which the happiness of peoples, the wisdom of States, and the virtue of individuals have been victimised the question involuntarily arises to what principle, to what final aim these.enormous sacrifices have been offered."

>Hegel
stop using hegel in a Nietzsche discussion, please. is disrespecting really like if that "sofos" was really a "sofos" kek

Dying with pride and being the living embodiment of the spirit of history are two very fucking different things.

Dying with pride is what Generals tell pawns, cuz they are just that, pawns who will be dumb enough to get fucked by notions like pride and a noble death.
Consider all the Vietnam veterans coming home to an America that has all but disowned their and their men's sacrifice. Consider John, coming home to see that his friend who "fought with pride" and yet was on the WRONG side of history. And who can he blame for this naivety? Imagine John walking the streets of New York, passing a protest of the war, his uniform now a costume of blind following. John goes into a XXX movie theater and sees John holmes getting his massive penis sucked by two eighteen year old girls. Suddenly he realizes that Amy, a friend of his sister, who is an actress herself. A hurricane of questions besets his horrified body. What has happend during my leave? Where is my sister? Please tell me she has parted with Amy, she is not involved in these things! And what is this? While I am killing and being killed, as I step in blood that was once my friends face, this man is getting a blowjob from this 18 year old girl. Oh my god. And he realizes that the second girl is his sister. A few hours later he is in a book shop and buys Catcher in the Rye and a few hours after that takes the first bus to D.C. With a loaded 45 magnum in his pocket.

Wat r u even saying

Obviously talking with properly is not used in this forums. Using Hegel to criticize Nietzsche is like making a kid trying to defend Michael Jordan... or making you understand any word or anyone here about what Nietzsche wants to say. Like if you were wanting to understand a word, you just feel good giving stupid arguments and taking the "Übermensch" as a prejudice. Just rational humans trying to understand the irrationality, it's impossible, stop trying, forget Nietzsche and marry Hegel.

Nice Story

>talking with properly

>what is ESL for 500

It's just ideology.

No, and you don't understand the Overman a single bit if you think so.

Wrong

You got me, I never trascended out of a superficial understanding of Nietzsche. So teach me senpai, what does it actually mean to overcome the all too human?
Creating new values doesn't seem undoable, but otherwise the concept of overcoming the human sounds strangely unbiological - from my limiting understanding of it.

JUST READ HIS DAMN BOOK FUCKING NIGGER SHIT

I CANT FUCKIGN STAND BRAINLET PESUDS WHO ACT LIEK THEY*RE GONNA ACHIOEVE ANYTHING IN THE WORLD WHEN THEY CANT EVEN READ A SINGLE DAMN SUPER ACCESSIBLE BOOK, AND STILL FUCKING HAVE THE CHUTZBA TO OPEN THEIR FUCKING RETARDED FAT LIPS. I HATE PSEUDS SO GODDAMN MUCH; I ESPECIALLY HATE PSEUDS WHO ACT LIKE THEIR EXISTENCE DOES NOT SHIT ON EVERYTHING OF VALUE IN LIFE; FORT FUCKING FUCKS SAKE JUST KILL YOURSELF AND MABYE PEOPLE WILL FORGIVE YOU YOU FUCKING NIGGER SHIT FUCK NIGGER I WISH YOU NEVER WERE BORN!

Retard

Essentially, we're the rational animal. We have a will that we can exercise to push ourselves to behave contrary to pure instinct, and we can use it to overcome archetypal ("all too human") pitfalls we encounter in life.

For instance, one of these pitfalls most frequently encountered on Veeky Forums is the "pseud" and "brainlet" accusations flung left and right with no effort made to actually contribute to the same board the posters claim has been polluted.

However, Uncle Freddy fears, we're headed in the direction of the "last man," a scared, weak, jealous type who wants to live a predictable and dull life in total security rather than in the direction of the Overman, who would combine the power of Caesar with the humility and mercy of Christ (or something like that, can't remember off the top of my head). You can read it as a pre-Freudian plea for people to get the hell over their neuroses instead of surrounding themselves with material comfort, but that's probably an unfair characterization of what he's really saying.

Hopefully that helps.

Perfection is human, folly divine.

>chutbza

NIETZSCHE WAS A FAT FUCK NIGGER FAGGOT SON OF A BITCH THAT SUCKS HIS OWN COCK FOR THE VIEWS

PURE IDEOLOGY

How so?

i once took a shit that looked like Nietzsche