I am ignorant and stupid. Please give me examples of what healthy meals are supposed to be

I am ignorant and stupid. Please give me examples of what healthy meals are supposed to be.

Other urls found in this thread:

grouprecipes.com/73215/arroz-de-tomate-e-feijao---rice-with-tomato-and-beans.html
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2770/2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You may only eat cock you disgusting weak bitch

some meat
some taters
some green stuff

s'all in there

veggie, starch, meat

Eat mostly veggies, especially root veggies, some meat, less carbs. Avoid chemical stuff and sugar. My go-to recipe for beginners (pesonally i use only half a cup of rice):
grouprecipes.com/73215/arroz-de-tomate-e-feijao---rice-with-tomato-and-beans.html

Can you give me examples of breakfasts, lunches, and dinners?

>Eat mostly veggies, especially root veggies, some meat, less carbs
do you even read the answers? Just go to a proper cooking website with recipes and shit and search for healthy stuff. No one is going to post a dozen recipes just to save you some time.

I made the thread to get examples from actual humans.

>chemical stuff

>eat especially root veggies
>less carbs

do you....... even know what a carb is

Eggs, rice, veggies.

what veggies

That's barley, not rice

Whatever you like that looks good at the grocery store

Stuff that you would usually find on a pizza. Most of them work for almost any meal.

Why are you giving me vague preferences instead of objective correct answers

only pick tasty vegetables

Because you're a helpless little loser and it's fun to toy with you.

breakfasts
>2 eggs with broccoli or asparagus and cheese, whole wheat toast, fruit
>oatmeal with milk and walnuts

lunches
>sandwiches topped with fresh vegetables
>grilled chicken salad

dinners
>stews with plenty of vegetables
>homemade mac and cheese with side salad
>bean dishes with cheese or eggs

You can eat any food at any time though. Obviously if you don't have time to make a 3 hour stew for breakfast then you don't want to attempt that unless you're eating leftovers, but I've had grilled cheese for breakfast, omelettes for dinner, etc. The biggest thing is just making sure you get enough protein and vegetables/whole grains, while limiting sugar and processed grains. If you eat healthy enough for a while you can start telling what your body needs by what foods you're craving and learn how to adjust meals to your personal needs, since not everybody has the exact same nutritional requirements.

What kind of food do you like user, and is budget important?

First off, eat lots of veggies. Veggies are healthy. Sometimes I'll just get a fuckin' bag of fresh spinach and eat fist fulls, but I'm a spinach fag.

Things like white rice and mashed potatoes and whatnot are delicious, but mostly just meaningless calories. Good filler items on a budget, but in a healthy meal the carbs should be limited. Same for pasta. You can do a little with brown rice, whole grain pasta, etc, but the same rules basically apply.

Don't deep fry things. Keep chips and candy and cookies to a minimum. Soda and juice are examples of drinking your calories. I'm assuming that you're overweight if you're making this thread, so I'm mixing my healthy advice with my dieting advice: juice isn't super unhealthy on its own, but you have to respect the calories than fruit juice or a healthy smoothy brings to the table.

Veeky Forums has a sticky about, amidst basic exercises things, healthy eating. Pretty decent.

>mashed potatoes and whatnot are delicious, but mostly just meaningless calories
If you leave the skin on and don't overdo the butter, they're actually not bad. White rice sucks though, but it's one of the few foods I can't stand for taste/texture reasons. Brown rice is amazing.

A lot of Indian food is pretty healthy if you're into that stuff. Sauteed meats and veggies in sauce over some brown rice is what most of it comes down to, so it's a good place to be if you're looking for some variety.

I'm trying to eat healthy and mostly vegetarian at the moment, and a lot of meals find up kinda samey. Lot of eggs, lot of mexican with lots of veggies, grilled cheese with veggies. Hard to find stuff without loading up on noodles or potatoes.

>What kind of food do you like user
I like taco bell, burger king, and papa johns, but the food is too good and I can't eat small portions without craving way more and I'm overweight and feel like garbage all the time so I want to fix my diet.

>is budget important?
Not really

>Don't deep fry things
I don't even know how

>fruit juice
>smoothy
I've never tried these before and have no interest in trying them. I only drink diet soda

I've read the Veeky Forums sticky. It's not specific enough for me. I understand that I should eat protein + vegetables and sometimes carbs like rice, pasta, or potatoes to meet calorie needs. That doesn't tell me SPECIFIC meals (x amount of protein A + y amount of veggie B prepared with method z) or how to cook

Ok, I conceed the point. Potatoes are better than I thought.

nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2770/2

Still, them stats are for just a straight up base baked potato. And as you said, most people cock it up by frying, mixing with lots of butter, and so on. I fucking love me some home fries, but it's not as healthy as it could be.

don't worry about micromanaging every little detail. cook enough for yourself so that you're satisfied after the meal and don't overeat. also it should be easy for you to kick the fast food habit once you develope a palette for fresh, real, foods.

Anything that doesn't comes out of a box

>I've never tried these before and have no interest in trying them. I only drink diet soda
Y-you've never tried fruit juice before?

I've never heard of ANYONE who has never had fruit juice.

Uh, I digress.

>taco bell
Mexican food is easy to make and can be very healthy! I eat a lot of burritos. Sautee veggies(things like onions, mushroom, carrots, potatoes, spinach, maybe broccoli, whatever combination is your preference but try to make sure there's green leafies), maybe some chicken or beef, and salsa and beans, heat it all up, and it stores quite well in the fridge. Make some brown rice, maybe cooked up with some veggies as well, and that also holds up for a long time. Then you can just add it to a tortilla with some cheese of your choice and wrap it up. Easy meal any time for like a week, if you don't get bored of eating similar food. You can also add fresh veggies to the burrito after cooking your mix, though I take the lazy route and cook it all together.

>burger king
everything at burger king is mostly designed to make you fat, sorry user. You can do burger stuff sometimes, but portion control is important. A beef patty with healthy bread, cheese, and some salad is a reasonable meal sometimes, but not too often ideally.

>papa johns
pizza doesn't have to be terribly unhealthy, though it's admittedly carb dense. Again something you can reasonably make at home, those looking into healthy crusts or the like is important, and you'll want to make sure that there is a lot of veggies to be had on any pizza you make. Spinach is a good one, it heats well. I also sometimes do little pan pizzas, using a thing of pita bread as a crust, topped with pasta sauce and cheese and veggies. It scratches that same general itch. Just heat in a pan until the cheese melts. Pretty EZ, as healthy as you make the toppings.

Baked potatoes are stealthily the absolute GOAT health food. A nice baked jacket potato topped with tomato and chorizo with a side of green salad is hard to beat

Taco bell is nothing like mexican food despite superficial differences. The food you listed is nothing like a quesorito, if I'm going to eat something completely different I'd rather it be optimal.

I don't want to eat burgers or pizza, if I'm making the switch to healthy eating I want it to actually be healthy, I don't want to meet a middle ground that is unsatisfying both on flavor and nutrition.

Tsuyu's poon

It's not about what foods are or aren't "healthy." It's about how much you're eating. You can have stuff that's "bad" for you if you have self-control and only eat a little bit of it occasionally.

If you hate what you eat, you won't be able to stick with it, user. I'd recommend against trying to be precisely optimal and instead try to implement changes in your life that you would be happy with in the longterm. Life style changes more than a crash diet. If you eat food you dislike all the time, then eventually you will probably fall off the band wagon and be basically back where you started.

Healthy food doesn't have to be unsatisfying. The meals I suggested, I don't feel like I'm gyping myself when I eat them. I make food that is healthy AND delicious. Find healthy foods that you'll enjoy.

As a side note, nobody hates a nice fresh cobb salad with mixed veggies, a bit of cheddar, and a sliced chicken breast.

I never said I was going to eat food I hate because it's healthy, or I'd just skip all the headache and eat soylent for breakfast lunch and dinner. I don't hate eggs, or chicken breasts, or brocolli, or oat meal, or potatoes or anything like that. That doesn't change the fact that no healthy food is going to compete with fast food as far as flavor goes. Nothing I make is going to compete with a steak quesorito + quesadilla with a dr. pepper, nothing is going to compete with a large pepperoni pizza with extra cheese with buffalo wings on the side. The goal is to take a livable loss of flavor for a massive increase in nutrition and satiation.

Cut flours
Cut grease
Cut sugar

Steam nearly everthing ... minimal salt, heavy greans, rice or grain every sitting same with beans ..... this is a solid base
Meat/fish once every 3rd month is alright can substitute milk or cheese for 4 oz portion of meat

Health is incoming with a system like this when avoiding heavily processed foods

Because there’s too many healthy options to list in a Veeky Forums post.

The flavor of most fast food is mostly poor quality fat, sugar, and fucking terrible amounts of salt. Your tastebuds are out of wack from those 3 things. The foods you named could be home made much better than the trash food you get from most stores. There are other healthy foods out there that have much more flavor. Also diet drinks fuck up your sense of taste and you should try to lessen your consumption of them and instead replace your fluid intake with water or unsweetened ice tea.

Just Google search healthy meals and find something you think you might like. 2 second Google search found picture. It's not hard.

Also you might benefit from dicking around on youtube. Check out Brothers Green channel. They do some stuff that mimics fast food that might interest you.

my take

breakfast
>soft boiled egg
>yogurt
>oatmeal with ground raw almond, cinnamon, and honey

lunch
>leftovers
>maybe sushi
I'm not big on lunch

dinner
>roast veggies (maybe brussel sprouts, maybe broccoli, maybe carrots, whatever you want) with whole garlic cloves (add onions too if you like)
like seriously I'll eat something like this by itself most nights
>rice
because weeb
>beans
>small bit of meat, seriously you don't need as much as you think you do when you have a portion of other foods

>fruit juice
not much better than any other sugar drink
eat whole fruit instead if you want the stuff from fruit

literally just fish and vegetables. are you fucking stupid or what?