How do you train to increase your tolerance to spicy food...

How do you train to increase your tolerance to spicy food? By eating more and more spicy food over time I know but how does that look like in practice? How do you know what level of spicyness a food has? How often do you eat spicy food? When do you increase the spice level and by how much?

I bought a 6 pack of the blue version of that ramen and holy shit is it spicy. Could only eat packs so far, and only when drunk and already crying. They don't even separate the chili from the seasoning, so you have no choice but to eat it as hot as they make it or otherwise under season it.

>can down a 12 pack of wings smother in hot sauce rated at 100,000 scovilles no problem
>meanwhile eating a pack of that ramen (8,000 scovilles) takes me an hour and I’m absolutely dead afterwards

Can someone explain this shit?

Yeah that Scoville rating is glitched or something

Buy what's available near you and eat accordingly

The ramen is soaked in the spices and you eat an entire pack of it, the wings probably only have a few drops of sauce each

I think it may be this, with ramen you're basically drinking the spicy sauce. On a wing it's not quite that bad. Either way though, scoville seems fucked. I've had jalapenos hotter than habaneros and thai chilis for sure

I don't think it's really something you can "train," other than mentally getting used to enduring all pain in general.

If you eat spicy food nearly everyday you'll get used to it fast, just be prepared for stomach rumbling and shitting a lot but your body gets used to it eventually. Also that ramen tastes like fucking wax, original version is better

t. thai ladyboy

I bought a pack of that ramen, and every time I ate it, I was shitting liquid fire the next day.

>had to eat all of them because mama didn't raise no bitch

Quantity. My boyfriend can eat a small amount of extremely hot sauce or extract or whatever. But a big bowl or plate of something that’s much less hot (still beyond most people’s heat level but nowhere near his limit) slows him down. The first few bites - fine. Finishing it - not so much.

You know they changed the recipe to be less spicy because of all the white people crying their eyes out from eating that.

Eat hot sauce on everything. I mean directly on chips and such. Which sauce doesn't matter as much as how much you go through. Even Texas Pete can make you hurt if you eat enough. Tabasco is definitely more than enough. Crushed habanero sauces are usually ridiculous and won't help your tolerance if you're only using a drop or two. People always exaggerate about hot sauce to sound tough and 1up you. They're usually lying pussies.
>This is coming from a wimpy guy who has gone through countless bottles of ridiculously hot sauces from Blair's, Original Juan, etc. but mostly eats Tabasco.

these are pretty good desu

Yeah, that's how capsaicin works.

No you haven't

I made some fire chicken noodles for 4 of my friends and we were all crying by the end of it. Then the next morning came and everyone admitted to shitting fire. It was a great bonding experience :')

>t. thai ladyboy

Do you wax?

can you xpost to a thread where I can see you puci

the oils from the pepper leak into the liquid different than just adding sauce to meat, I imagine it coats the tongue and travels around the mouth more too

I can handle the ramen pack in OP reasonably well now but the last time I ate a serrano pepper it blew my shit up. I think I'd rather deal with oil coating my mouth over watery pepper juice.

>source: my ass

It's entirely subjective.

>How do you know what level of spicyness a food has?
By eating it and seeing how spicy it tastes to you.

>How often do you eat spicy food?
If you enjoy spicy foods then you should be eating them all the time anyway. I've noticed that it takes at least a week or two of nothing spicy for my tolerance to start to drop so a few times a week is probably sufficient for raising it.

>When do you increase the spice level
Whenever what you've been eating doesn't seem so spicy anymore.

>and by how much?
Slightly below the point at which your food becomes too spicy to enjoy.