I think I have a problem. Meta thread I guess. How many of you spend all day every day here? How can we make it better...

I think I have a problem. Meta thread I guess. How many of you spend all day every day here? How can we make it better? How can we fix ja/ck/ posting in the WEBM threads? How do we stop the repeat threads. I love you guys as much as I hate myself.

get ready to be banned. also, fast food threads are 100x worse than jack posting

Banned for what? I'm pretty sure we can have one meta thread to talk about the board. I agree on the fast food threads. I usually just hide them though.

I got banned for making a similar thread a week or two ago. I guess they are supposed to die in /qa/

How to make xfce not look like ass?

use gnome :^)

I've suggested this before, but an increase in the file size limit will help create more cook along OC threads. If people could post images from their phones without resizing them then there'd be more of that content. Doesn't mean the content will be good, but at least it's cooking related.

Honestly, just go to reddit cooking boards. They are better than here if you want to learn anything efficiently.

Oh, dang. Well, I hope the mod that sees this takes pity and just deletes and warns if it's not allowed. *no sticky, c'mon*

I use xfce because it looks *semi* modern and runs fast on my shitty old core 2 duo laptop. You can rice it but it kinda defeats the premise. There are a bunch of gtk themes you could use that help. I do recommend changing the icon theme at least.

bless your heart

I would kill for a file size increase. At the same time an increase in the webm time limit too.

I actually really like the people here though. I've been here way too long, and reddit would hate the way I talk when I get too drunk. Also, I can't stand the culture in general.

was jk ofc, I use KDE for whatever can run it. Am using gnome on my oldish macbook pro because I wanted to see how artful aardvark shipped, it's not that bad (at least you can minimize windows now...)

but to get back on topic, yes, I'm here far too often as well.

>KDE
I haven't used this for a while, I remember it being gaudy shiny bloated shit. Is it more tasteful now?
I use openbox+tint2 if that gives you an idea of what I like...

I was a bit drunk to get it when I saw it. KDE is pretty good desu but they seem to be plagued with applet bugs. The progress that's been made in that last few years though is actually really impressive. What kind of memory footprint do you have right now?

>gnome
> >.>

It's actually really stylish now, and the compositor is decent but optimized in my opinion.

Can someone explain the /SIP/ meme to me? Are they recovering al/ck/? For as long as I've been here its just seemed pointless.

it works for me, but I'm not all that picky really. I use a slew of vms (some of them fairly specialized) so I'm more worried about functionality

The fast food "connisseurs" need to go, but they've been here for years and we just need to shame them when they leave their containment threads. Ja/ck/posting and joey threads aren't a thing any more.

I don't see much of a problem these days.

The reason a lot of us are here on Veeky Forums is because we don't belong in places like reddit. I tried to go there a few times and just didn't like the culture, points or commenting system. They are too stifling.

I stay away from all social media though so I may be an outlier.

I'm willing to bet that most of us don't have any social profiles (or if we do it's something we haven't used in a long time). It's just kinda special here and normies can't stand making a comment that's just going to vanish without having every friend they have see it first.

I fucking hate social media, so I think you're right.

honestly I left this entire board for awhile. It was same shit different day feel. endless fast food threads, sip threads, alck threads, it was and probably still is the same shit.

Yeah, it is repetative. What would you do to improve it though user? If you had a magi/ck/ wish that could only be used on this board, what would it be?

Honestly, I love this entire thread. I'm drunk and going to the grocery store, give me something to make/eat and maybe I'll post a few photos.

>normies can't stand making a comment that's just going to vanish without having every friend they have see it first
I think you've gotten to the bottom of why the same webms and the same replies get posted constantly. (You) addiction.

We need flags to reveal all americans

tortilla though? Nah.

Honestly I love you too. I don't want you to get hurt from drunk driving though. I think you should make something you already have in your kitchen. What do you have in stock, and I'll help you put together a meal. I'm currently drinking a 50/50 nog and rum, how aobut you?

limited of those common threads like SIPS, al/ck/, ja/ck/. make it so there is only 1 thread of those said topics a month. As in one thread per one subject a month. then again without all those shitposting threads, Veeky Forums would probably be dead if such rule was implemented.

got any suggestions friendo?

I 100% agree; If the board would just cache the md5 hash of the image and prevent dupes from being posted more than once or twice a week, it would be so much better.

My other ideas besides a bit larger filesize (so cookalongs don't get caught up with having to scale the image before posting) are increasing the filesize and allowing audio on webms. I'd also really like the mods to come up with an actual set of rules and sticky them. Also a sticky for some good starter cooking resources.

Ultimately I'd also increase the post timer slightly but only if the md5 thing or something similar was in effect. I just want Veeky Forums to come together again. I everyone of us.

This thread has a disturbing lack of Ja/ck/ WEBMs in it.

>how can we get rid of cooking videos in webm threads

OP, you can solve all these supposed problems by staying the fuck off of Ja/ck/'s board.

Ja/ck/ it down.

Why do I feel like this is the same person?

It's just to bad that no one will listen to our advice and/or thoughts.

Because your laughable witch hunt senses are tingling. Now call me a normie newfag from /pol/ and reddit.

No, I won't. I just want to be drunk and love Veeky Forums anons. It just seemed like three quick posts with the same typing style in a row meant to troll. What would you do to improve the board user.

Just wish it had more variety, but we're all to blame in a way because topics outside the norm don't do well and die quickly.

I agree with you mostly. We do get a bunch of variety, but most of the threads die. It's kinda sad to think about all the cookalongs that died with 90% of the posts being the OP and the total posts being under 30. I've filtered /sip/ threads from the day they started though. I think we need a Veeky Forums filter list that, though that would be a project that seems like it would be quickly abandoned.

What should happen is all the common threads should be removed so the variety threads stand a chance to be recognized.

i like chop and opiate

Still have no idea why those two are namefags. DinoTendies has a reason because he's a national treasure.

>but most of the threads die
A lot of times I go straight to the bottom of the board to bump threads that I might not have much to say, but just want to see the topic live on. and think there are folks here that want to be apart of those threads.
>i like chop
pretty sure chop is a mod, I used to think it was chef john. but not so sure about the john part now

you're the hero this board needs user
>chop
maybe one day i'll have the balls to go on the irc and find out

Too late user. But now I'm tired and am going to sleep. Maybe I'll post tomorrow when I make some brioche and some cheesecake.

>I save dead vapid threads that no one is interested in out of principle

let them die as they should

md5 bans are pointless, all you have to do is inject some additional metadata or edit existing metadata to change the hash.

99% of Veeky Forums would not do this just to post the JUICY jack webm for the fifth time in a day.