Al/ck/ general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZEvQOPUHGH8
youtube.com/watch?v=jBuwC4VJi50
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first post is the worst post edition

These threads are always dead when I drink. I thought Australia was full of alchies.

Just had a sip of wine, it's over now isn't it boys?

It begins.

>sober 8 months
>life is actually much worse when you are paying attention
>and now it's going to last longer
what a great deal

Just gonna copy my post from the other thread.

I'm getting to alky status now. Just got the "shakes" for the first time. GF noticed my hands trembling today... hadn't even noticed.

Is it too late for me lads? I don't want to give up drinking

I'm going to cut out binge drinking as of tomorrow for a while, at least until I lose weight.
>got my naltrexone pills
>a jar of B12 caps
>fridge stocked with healthy foods
>a bag of candy for blood sugar regulation at work
>installed videogames that pry on dopamine release
>renewed gym membership
>purchased lots of tea and coffee
Should be an interesting 6-12 months. I've done it before, but not while working part time. Hope y'all had a good Christmas.

pic is a guy who just finished a long mountainbike ride, swigging powerade

Why the fuck is it a glass bottle

It’s too ingrained into our culture for anyone to think they actually have a problem. Habitual drinking here is just shrugged off as being a true blue

Hands trembling just means it's time to drink more. Either cut back or don't allow yourself to get that sober anymore.

If they were alchie shakes then you can just taper your drinks - most use beer - until you reach a stable limit.

rough terrain

>6 beers inna fridge
>surely this will get me through the next 6 episodes of the show
>They don't
>11pm and I'm not buzzed but not confident to drive to the store
>tfw you just sit and slowly sober up while waiting to get tired
Still learning the dance of having just enough alcohol on me to get drunk but not so much that I go overboard.

How do I drink without increasing tolerance?

>installed videogames that pry on dopamine release
Please explain.

See if you area has alcohol delivery. An app in Australia is Tipple (don't know if it's elsewhere cbf checking), and some places on Menulog deliver booze too. Expect to pay through the roof.

>How do I drink without increasing tolerance
In my experience I try not to binge more than three days in a row. It's a slippery slope.

>tfw drinking enough to sleep for 8 hours and still wake up drunk to go to work

Sober for 14 months
>Got married
>Applied to law school
>Got good enough on LSAT to ensure I get in
>Dad died, but didnt relapse from it
>Read some books
>Got a comfy office job
>Volunteering
>Am doing my Chinese language test in march
Kick the booze boys, it will make everything better

Rural burger here I doubt that's a thing. I had a month where I wanted a 36 pack to last me the month, and on my first weekend I did 18 beers, and 18 beers, over my saturday and sunday. guess I need the built in limiter of a 12 pack.

No worries my friends. I'm shitting an inky pool of oily blackness into a public toilet as we speak. The night is young.

I do this every day.

life is easy mode without booze*

*also so miserable

I haven't had a drink in 11 hours and im shaking like a fucking leaf. Can barely hold a glass to drink out of. Anxiety is so bad i think i got another ulcer within the last 10hrs.

Have been drinking 750ml+ a day for 4 years

Lel based

Don't quit on me now

it passes. got anything in the house? take a shower. you got this.

Yeah I love being treated like shit for drinking, that sounds terrible..

Glad to hear that you're doing well and have achieved a goal user. What was the hardest part about kicking the booze in your instance?

>12. Do you put the purchase of alcohol ahead of your financial responsibilities?

Partying with friends. They would always kick me off the wagon. Then the next week would be me sipping grapefruit and peach flavoured soju throughout the day.

Being poor helped me out so I didnt go out and could stay off the booze by going for long walks

>Have been drinking 750ml+ a day for 4 years
I would see a doctor for meds or a referral to a treatment program. Don't you die on us faggot you're better than that.

That's like a normal amount for a man to drink in a day pre prohibition. It's pretty easy to function on a fifth a day. Especially if you aren't day drinking very much.

>First question
>Do you use alone?
Oh I see, I'm not an addict as long as I do it with OTHER addicts! How wonderful!

Last thread was full of newfag cancer, let's just hope it was a temporary occurrence during Christmas.

>haven't been sober since christmas eve (it's 4:00pm on the 27th here)

I don't think I could ever completely quit drinking alcohol. I'm probably a degenerate, but that first drink after a long day at the office is always amazing. I get a rush from it.

I've binged on meth once but nothing ever beats a drink after a long day. Contrary to popular belief, you can recover from meth abuse (although it's not easy). I don't think about meth anymore but I do think about alcohol every day even when I'm sober for long periods.

i.e. this is day 3 of my binge. barely slept

agreed, somehow since alcohol is able to be bought on every one street corner store it is impossibly hard to quit.
I was intaking between 0.2-0.8g a day of meth for two years and now I maybe go buy a lil 20sack every 3 months just for funs. I thought i could never stop binging but I was able to.
But somehow alcohol is a bigger beast.
At least with dope you can just change your playground and quit being around other dopeheads and now you dont have a hookup so you cant get it.
Alcohol is staring you in the face 24/7 and you cannot just ignore it.

Your teeth must be absolutely fucked, don't lie to me now, I'll know

lolwut I am
and my teeth are totally fine even after smoking thousands of bucks of dope.

my mountaindew and cigarettes binges 5-6 years ago did more damage to my teeth than dope ever did.

Tryin

Yes but not much. Good call on the shower, Im sweating like a pig.

They wont give me anything. I tried my primary dr and the ER. Thefucking ER gave me one 10mg valium and said i would have to have someone drive me home 2 weeks ago wheni tried to quit last. I laughed and walked out without the valium

Post teeth meth boi

I've smoked meth and crack and eaten some pills. But my inability to socialize and make drug addict friends helped keep me from getting a steady supply so I never got addicted to any of them. Alcohol is always there at the store and the cashier doesn't care how nervous you are.

1 sec

>general

fuck i just took a pic on my phone to post her but the screen is cracked to hell and let me send it to my email than dl it onto my desktop so i can post it

Too late

fuck you give me 5 min

Here, not even that bad

lol that aint my teeth you just wait you dirty gnome fucker

What the fuck ever, my phone is broken to shit and the gnomes are sabotaging me , maybe I can post my teeth eventually but this is bullshit.

I bought two bottles of whiskey for Christmas presents, and I finished one off earlier. I'm about to open the second.

Feels bad, man.

>Alcohol is always there at the store and the cashier doesn't care how nervous you are.
>Alcohol is staring you in the face 24/7 and you cannot just ignore it.

That's a big reason. When I () finished my three day binge I was with a buddy who was driving to his dealer to score some more. When we left the city I closed my eyes the entire way so I wouldn't know where the dealer lived, and I'm fucking grateful I did because those months of being a sketchy cunt during withdrawals were absolutely fucking horrible.

When me and my mate got to the dealer and they started smoking up, I just toked some weed, had some beers, and played videogames with everyone. I couldn't look at them when they were smoking because it made me feel freezing cold. After a few hours my mate dropped me back at my house and that was that - I cut contact from all of them. After a while I didn't think about it but the booze ads were everywhere.

I'm rambling a bit because alchie, and sorry for no greentext, but if you want to know more about those three days as a meth head just ask.

Hey don't feel bad, enjoy the whiskey.
What kind did you get?

I feel ya man , try 2-3 years as a meth head. I honestly thought it was permanent and would be impossible to quit , especially when I sold it too.

What are you doing?

Gnomeposting as usual my newfriend. Welcome to al/ck/
They are agents of the woods and must be put down

Good on you man. The social stigma behind meth is bad, and for good reason, but it's not impossible to quit like the media makes it out to be.

Yup and I will post teeth as soon as my phone starts working. I smoked/snorted 10-80 bucks a day for many years.

Fuck it my phone is garbage and is broke as hell.
I will post teeth pics exactly 10 hours phone now when I steal my neighbors phone.
screw em, they Harbor gnome fugitives and it aint right and I have no legal proof to call them out on it.

Same here went from drinking almost everyday in Canada land to sober in American.
Fuck 21 law.
Fuck soberity.

Here is my gnome hunting bobcat baby someone requested 2 thread ago. he is too playful/aggressive and has an affinity for our playstation and laptops.

I miss my squirrel but the bobcat is nice

>drank 24 beers in a sitting
>sun's going down, time to get some more
>have a shower
>put fresh clothes on
>deodorant, a bit of cologne
>brush teeth
>get to the liquor store
>grab my booze
>place it on the sales counter
>store clerk gives me this look
How do they know.

I got Maker's Mark and Buffalo Trace. I tend to go for vodka but fuck it, yeehaw.

My Christmas money has run out. I have 16 beers in the fridge and 20 dollars in my wallet.

Try being up for a month and then talk shite about being a meth head.

Where do I find AA meetings? I want to see how bad i am

Wasn't talking shit, friendo. I was explaining an experience.
>up for a month
Enjoy your that never happened.

YeeYeet my man
Makers mark is my stuff but cheap southern vodka for 6.99$ a fifth is great

I know what you mean been on a 50+ day flight before
and 11 days without even hardly closing my eyes before I had to take a 30 min nap and sleep,
Thats muh record and it was getting painful
Oddly enough the odd numbered days are the fun ones
Day 1 ,3 and 5 are fun but day 2 and 4 suck
after that its all just a memory man.

It's close to the front of the telephone book.

google maps.

Sparained my arm twice setting up a tv. Good luck sleeping mom and dad

come spend time with me

Any other /dixie/ folk wanna come party?
It's lonely here.

Fuckin' love this song lads youtube.com/watch?v=ZEvQOPUHGH8

Is vodka and water the ultimate mixed drink?

I'm serious. I can't believe how long it took me to try this. It's great for keeping yourself hydrated and tastes fresh.

Vodka and anything with nutritional or hydrating values is goat.

Vodka + Fruit Juice
Vodka + Water
Vodka + Vegetable Juice

Are all GOAT

>cider taper
>nitrazepam
>several ounces of weed
Aaand im sober. Been awake 28 minutes and already need something new. I think I’m gonna have to try to move on from oneitis and find a new life. Christ I need a joint. And a benzo. And a pint. A line or two. Maybe some tramadol.
Fug.

It only just occurred to me that I could drink the healthy stuff and the alcohol at the same time.
It's so much more efficient

Agreed. Potent booze, very clean high, few congeners, this is formula 1 alchie fuel.
Feels too much like eating, Water > all

I was already tanked and went to buy a few handles, and had no problem doing so. I thought alcohol sales clerks were taught to not serve persons like me.

>tfw drinking after not drinking for a long time
>tfw youtube.com/watch?v=jBuwC4VJi50
>tfw takes me back

we can all be heroes user
nobody expects you to be perfect

Do you guys actually mix it with water or just use water as your chaser? Whenever I get vodka I just rail shots back to back and sip on some cool refreshing water.
I'm probably more hydrated drinking than I am at any other point in the day

Bottle of water in one hand, vodka in the other. Chug maybe 1/4 bottle of vodka, try not to breathe/taste, chug water. Try not to throw up. Repeat every few hours.
>a tiny amount goes down wrong pipe, entire body violently explodes, a 2-metre-long mist of vodka and vomit detonates from mouth, spend next 10 minutes throwing up, coughing, nose, eyes, lungs and face on fire, day ruined
Fairly typical for me.

That entire experience sounds incredibly painful,

I appriciated this my main man

Only if it decides to troll my lungs, it’s fine otherwise, I’m relative terms at least. Cider and it’s vicious fucking heartburn hurts a lot more

nigga, you had 24 beers. how would they NOT know?

I've been up for two weeks with mania randomly passing out and waking uo a few times the entire time. Being awake for a month? not impossible on that meth.

8am. Gallons of crystal clear vodka and frosty bottles of refreshing mineral water are literally ten seconds from my front door, few thousand of disposable income awaits in bank, first day sober in forever
[suffering intensifies]

Its like whacking up for alcoholics. holy shit

That look of sadness when the liquor store owner sells you a plastic bottle of vodka at 10am. Im sorry bro i know you dont want to sell my death.

If there are any alcoholic HVAC experts, pls help a fellow drunk

I too was shocked by that.

4 or 5 times I've been told im too drunk to buy more alcohol while barely buzzed, But 3 weeks ago i walked to the grocery store drunk and smoking a blunt on the walk and the cashier didnt say a word. I HAD to wreak of alcohol and marijuana and she still solf me a handle and 24 pack

Forgot vodka + vodka

>not keeping emergency booze in the celler incase poor Korea EMP's us

It's like you want to die sober.

Well guys I think I am officially addicted. I just drank a fifth of vodka and ate an entire frozen pizza but I am still wide awake and have to be up in 6 hours
pretty pissed off 2bh

Back to work tomorrow. I wish there was a polite way to tell my indian coworkers that they are POO without being fired. Why don't they change their name when moving to a Western country?

Let us all know if you are dependent on alcohol tomorrow morning.