What was Freud's fucking problem?

What was Freud's fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_da_Vinci,_A_Memory_of_His_Childhood
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He was afreud.

I don't get it

He was too much of a genius for his time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_da_Vinci,_A_Memory_of_His_Childhood

Is that supposed to be ovaries?

Freud was a motherfucker

His mother never loved him

The painting is pretty weird to be fair

In really broad strokes (people being influenced by subconscious thoughts and desires, repressed sexuality playing an important role in people's psyches, how we subconsciously think by associations and associative thinking (for instance, if asked to say a random number, this number will probably have some subconscious associations with numbers we've most recently seen/been thinking about, or that have some meaning to us)) he was right, but when you put a microscope to his individual ideas and theories they are fucking shit. His obsession with psychosexually analyzing everything is also not emblematic of all humanity and all psychology, but only proof that he was himself a perverted retard projecting his own weird imagination on everything.

He was also incredibly vain, self-conceited, overly cerebral, and at other times a hysterical weakling. Jung has some pathetic stories about how desperately and seriously Freud told the young Jung before his break with Freud about how important sex was to psychology and how Jung should never, ever let go of the centrality of sex to human psychology, and another story where Freud hysterically "fainted" during some lecture about an ancient Egyptian pharoah who had killed his father, and then implied to Jung afterwards that he had "fainted" because the son killing his father reminded him of his and Jung's relationship.

Also as for his clever interpretation of Leo and the vulture
>Unfortunately, the translation "Geier" (vulture), which Maria Herzfeld had used for "nibio" in 1904 in the first edition of her book Leonardo da Vinci, der Denker, Forscher und Poet,[3] was not exactly the kite Leonardo da Vinci had meant: a small hawk-like bird of prey, common in the Vinci area, which is occasionally a scavenger. This disappointed Freud because, as he confessed to Lou Andreas-Salomé in a letter of 9 February 1919, he regarded the Leonardo essay as "the only beautiful thing I have ever written".[4] Some Freudian[who?] scholars, such as Erich Neumann in his book "Art and the Creative Unconscious", have, however, made attempts to repair the theory by incorporating the kite.

LOL, more proof he was a dumbass projecting his own over-clever explanations onto everything.

>double parentheses

Learn to write

I'm on a Balinese towel-weaving pictureboard you cunt, I'm not aiming to write Hamlet every time I write a post, I'm just putting my thoughts out

Also
>implying there's something ((wrong)) with double parentheses
kike

Dude that was already a tryhard post, all I'm saying is learn to not structure things like an autist

>don't respond to my ideas, just to how I structured it in one part
Truly, it is I who am the autist here, not you.

I didn't even read your post, five seconds in I decided it wasn't worth the bother of untangling that propositional knot

Thanks

Freud was raised by his wet nurse and only interacted with his mother significantly on the cusp of puberty. As far as he was concerned, his mother was just another woman. Hormonal changes during puberty combined with the intense neuroticism and bigotry of Jewish culture lead him to seek sexual meaning where there was none.

It all went down hill from there.

yeah, he had a fucking problem

>advertising how short of an attention span you have

This

>Another theory proposed by Freud attempts to explain Leonardo's fondness of depicting the Virgin Mary with St. Anne. Leonardo, who was illegitimate, was raised by his blood mother initially before being "adopted" by the wife of his father Ser Piero. The idea of depicting the Mother of God with her own mother was therefore particularly close to Leonardo's heart, because he, in a sense, had 'two mothers' himself. It is worth noting that in both versions of the composition (the Louvre painting and the London cartoon) it is hard to discern whether St. Anne is a full generation older than Mary.
That's actually quite sweet.