"Redpill" me on the Gulag Archipelago

Haven't read it yet. Thinking of reading it though... is it worth it?

Redpill me on the book?

Solzhenitsyn was a nazi collaborator (he openly admits it) and was sent to the gulag (in the british army you'd be executed) for 7 years
most of his claims are unsourced, and he fails to mention how it were mostly communists who became the victims of stalin's regime
read ernest mandel's review of the gulag archipelago

This.
It's entirely bullshit. Don't read it.

commies? in my Veeky Forums?

dont believe these people

>he fails to mention how it were mostly communists who became the victims of stalin's regime
Just like muzzies are the prime victim of Islam, due to them not living up to the imams expectations. That doesn't mean Islam isn't at fault, it means radicals will always get the upper hand.

>Solzhenitsyn was a nazi collaborator
Not an argument when you have to pick life or virtue.

>the british army you'd be executed
The british army also hand't any problem with bombing civilian cities just to stick it back to the Krauts and don't giving a shit about the Polish allies the yjust ignored even after the war, just to not russtle the jimmies of the Motherland.

>most of his claims are unsourced
Most of his claims are personal testimonials he noted on toilet paper and has hidden were aver he could from the communists. I don't think you can expect scientific rigor in such a situation.

Fuck off commie

>Solzhenitsyn was a nazi collaborator
No he wasn't. That's an absurd claim.

lel stalin apologists never fail to amuse

Communism is worse than Nazism

>nazi collaborator
citation needed

200 Years Together was recently translated by 8pol.

would also like that source

>commies? in my Veeky Forums?
let me guess, you've only been here since the elections?

>Just like muzzies are the prime victim of Islam, due to them not living up to the imams expectations. That doesn't mean Islam isn't at fault, it means radicals will always get the upper hand.
What matters is that Solzhenitsyn lied by omission. That user was not necessarily defending gulags, rather he was attacking the validity of the claims contained in TGA.

>Not an argument when you have to pick life or virtue.
Go back to your board, Nazi scum.

>The british army also hand't any problem with bombing civilian cities just to stick it back to the Krauts and don't giving a shit about the Polish allies the yjust ignored even after the war, just to not russtle the jimmies of the Motherland.
Are you blaming the UK for bombing German cities after years of bombing from the Nazi part? Were you expecting to turn their other cheek in the middle of a war? How dense are you?

>Most of his claims are personal testimonials he noted on toilet paper and has hidden were aver he could from the communists. I don't think you can expect scientific rigor in such a situation.
Both he and his wife have wxolicitly admitted that TGA is just a literary account of Solzhenitsyn's impression, and that they have no historical relevance whatsoever.
This is what TGA is: a collection of impressions of a Nazi collaborator locked in a Communist gulag. This is where you're taking your history from, you philistine.

This, it was nazis who made the gulags to torture commies.

>choosing life>virtue makes you nazi scum
ok

>Were you expecting to turn their other cheek in the middle of a war?
Dresden was a purely civilian city bombed literaly in the last hours when everbody knew germany has lost. I'm a Pole and even I can see the disgusting warcrime commited by the supposed saviours. It was pure revange, but taken on women, children and wounded.

>a collection of impressions of a Nazi collaborator locked in a Communist gulag
[citation needed]

>tankie lies in the first post

Is this the Veeky Forums of tomorrow?

Enjoyable read, I couldn't put it down, although I only had the abridged edition. Heavily advise against. It was painfully abridged, some chapters entirely redacted but for a page representing that a chapter existed there and a small two-line summary of what you were missing, and other chapters where I wished topics were more expounded upon. I'm definitely going to get the three volumes.

>he fails to mention how it were mostly communists who became the victims of stalin's regime
While I didn't take notes so I can't reference to explicit passages, he absolutely addressed the fact that there were many communists in the special camps who were even then still clinging to the hope that for being falsely accused, the manner must sort itself out because they were good gommies: the same belief previous held by so many of the already-interned zeks but who in contrast had already abandoned that naive hope, many just after the extensive interrogation process before even being settled in camps and prisons. The gommies were very much characterized in deluded, good goyim, useful stooge types.

He wasn't a Nazi collaborator, only a Nazi sympathizer, and a convinced antisemite (which is still pretty bad).

It depends, what do you expect? A history book, or a honest account of Solzhenitsyn's experience? It's neither of those things. Most of the datas he gives to the reader are false, mostly made-up, and virtually every anecdote in the book is invented.
It's not a memoir, it's a epistulary novel set in a gulag. Although it is historically inaccurate and ideologically biased, you should avoid dismissing it, since it has its roots in Solzhenitsyn's general opinion on the matter. He was still a gulag prisoner, so his emotional account is still worth something.

You're a living meme.

>pretty bad.
Jews formed the revolutions in Germany (got put down) and in Russia (Bolshevims).

It's completely justified.

It would be hard not to be an antisemite when they staged a revolution in your country resulting in the widespread establishment of Gulags in which you were wrongfully put to slave labor. But nowadays everyone is an apparent antisemite, even Benjamin Netanyahu. The term has lost all meaning.

My absolute favorite book of all time. I've read it 5 times

triggered libtards

He went to gulag for 8 years for a correspondence with a childhood friend from poland. You are fake news.

I read the first chapter. It was kinda boring.
>they arrest people so and so, the prison life is so and so...

Reminder that the push to destroy the book's credibility was part of a genuine KGB operation to discredit Solzhenitsyn. They actually made or coerced his ex-wife to publicly say it was "campfire folklore"

I smell newfag.

>there are people on this board who take the fictional opinion of a Nazi locked into prison as historical fact

USSR had the most progressive prison system of its time. Back to /pol/.

This bait is so trash I was actualy getting mad at how por quality it is.

Damn those dastardly kikes.

/thread.

This has always been a communist board. Right wingers don't read. See: Peterson

T H I S

>nazi collaborator
you mean hero?

The absence of people jerking off other shitty ideologies is not evidence of them jerking off your shitty ideology. You will be killed under not real communism just as readily as anyone else, your capitulation to or even endorsement of revolution will not secure your status as a protected class or exalted royalty immune from the violations of government powers run amok, your prostration just makes it easier for them to shoot you in the back of the head. And you will never get to see your wetdream """real""" communism because there will always be a statehood which fundamentally invalidates the premise of a classless society, and the absence of government enforcement of communist policy will see people resume their natural free-market creativity and exchange of ideas and products and services. Take your hardback of Das Kapital and massage it up your ass, kike puppet stooge.

How'd your rally the other day go, ya little speedbump?

>ya little speedbump
DELET THIS

>>How'd your rally the other day go, ya little speedbump?
Neck yourself.

Why don't you neck me instead xir? You look so pretty with lipstick on

>19 replies so far
nicely done

Is this bait? Aren't you supposed to let JP redpill you on this one? You already know this don't you? Surely he is the only reason you've even heard of this book.

>stop trying to get multiple opinions, you should continue getting your opinions and facts fed to you by a single source
I'm a big fan of JBP but this is horrendous advice

>advice