Where to start with T.C. Boyle? What does Veeky Forums think of him?

Where to start with T.C. Boyle? What does Veeky Forums think of him?

You can read him as a cautionary tale about what absolute nonsense was considered literature during the LSD era.

So he's Pynchon lite or something?

Man that Top Gear guy is looking rough these days.

I enjoyed Descent of Man; Greasy Lake and Budding Prospects.
I thought World's End was meh.

What an ugly motherfucker, why would you want to read anything someone like that wrote

Kys

Obviously, it's going to be purple prose suffused with Ressentiment, on account of congenital ugliness.

t. Uggo

I think I would not lend him $50 if he asked and I'd watch every step he takes on the way out before he steals weird shit like a garden hose or something.

He looks like the type of bastard that would steal your garden gnome

TC Boyle here. Thanks guys.

Junkie Richard Hammond

I just googled and had to find out that despite my year long certainty he actually did NOT write the electric acid kool aid test.

Ha ha.

Good one.

I enjoyed water music, extremely funny book though the ending felt rushed.
Great example of fictionalised history

I hate to be superficial too, but I cant see any good literature coming out of this guy LMAO look the top of his head

Start with his short stories. The one about vikings "We Are Norsemen" is very funny. I liked his Doubletakes collection of fiction from various authors, but that might not be very easy to find as I think it was just a USC textbook.

The only novel I've read of his is pic related, which was OK but not particularly great. IMO he excels in the short form.

How's my fit? Am I effay?

The only work of his I've read is Budding Prospects, his second novel. The plot is they've got a get rich quick scheme growing pot. I read it a long time ago and remember it being kind of depressing but it's supposed to be humorous? Coincidentally, I was thinking of this book the other day and that I should try a reread or something else of his.

This is par. It's a surprise when writers are good looking.

Prompted me to read Park's journals. Worth it.

Well I mean he doesn't exactly take care of himself, that accounts for most of it.

Looks like a mix of Richard Hammond and Serj from System of a Down