i thought "bookworm" is just an expression and not actual thing

If you take its dust and put it on your dick a succubus will come tonight

Kekbump

>open bookcase
What did he mean by this?

>bookworm
>clearly is not a worm
What did he mean by this?

where do you think those holes and tunnels inside of books hundreds of years old came from? there are bugs that eat the paper for its starch. Silverfish are the worst

I've been trying to genocide these small moths that live in my bedroom.

Any tips?

Kill them

Buy a pack of sticky fly paper. Also buy an electric flyswatter.

Also clean your room you fucking degenerate.

It's a fucking moth, dumbass.

Thanks. The reprisals against the moths will continue.

camphorus substances.

set up a beer-trap

know your enemy lit user...

little bastards!!!

it's a hypsopygia glaucinalis (formerly orthopygia glaucinalis), so the concern is probably about the larval stage enjoying paper as a food stuff. most larvae are pretty wormy, to be fair, even caterpillars.

I used to have those, then I got bedbugs. Then everything got sprayed. Every bug that entered my room ended up dying soon after. I no longer have any issues, these things are nasty af tho

In my native language "bookworm" is actually called "book moth".
Maybe that's why.

most books worms aren't worms- silverfish and deathwatch beetle are both book worms but neither are worms or moths.

in english there's also the term "book lice" which refers to insects in the psocoptera ("gnawed wing") order. it's less common to hear unless you work with a lot of manuscripts or old books.

tl;dr- there's enough of them we need to kill accuracy doesn't matter. i don't give a fuck if you call them jews before gassing them ffs just gas them before they touch the books.

In my native language "bookworm" is actually called "chesswazzas".
Maybe that's why.

good job user!

over the years ive tried all sorts of stuff but the eldritch little buggers keep coming back!

>tfw I occasionally see these fucks crawling on the walls around my bookshelf
How worried should I be?

time to dust your bookcase with permethrin

let the worm read, nigga.

I hate moths. The other day there was one in my room and I squashed it with a true crime account of Paul Bernado. Because I have two copies of that book.

>every phase is the same picture zoomed in

What did they mean by this

where do you guys live that you have problems with these? I live in the northeastern US and have never had anything in my books.

>buy Rupi Kaur's Milk and Honey
>keep it in the kitchen with the rest of my cookbooks
>mfw now I have an ant infestation

Shut the fuck up nerd