Do you have to be a naive upper class white american to enjoy this book and ''broaden your mind''...

Do you have to be a naive upper class white american to enjoy this book and ''broaden your mind'' ? I read around 100 pages and I am bored out of my fucking mind by the author's almost childish attempts at making his points. Am I a pleb for not getting it or is this book just old for this age ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>the people that manipulate me and fund our ideologies through foundations are naive

da woke white undergrad striver underclass, gents

Congrats on a shit thread already. Fucking idiots. Get the fuck off the literature board

>reading for points and not for the hybrid modernism.

Only one thing I am certain of: you sound like a loser psued.

stop reading the niggers

Have you read Dante, Kafka, and Eliot?

why would he read a cuck and a jew? op has no depth at all and probably thinks wagner or the edda is the pinnacle of culture.

First, it's an American classic.
Second, stop reading shit by blacks. They only make depressing stories.
Mockingbird, Precious, Uncle Tom's Cabin, Native Son, The Color Purple, Caged Bird Sings, Roots, Roll of Thunder, Twelve Years
All victim complex mentality novels written to satisfy a deep-seated, passive-aggressive hatred of others (wink wink, nudge nudge) under the disguise of "artistic integrity".

It's really easy to call something childish without explaining why. Coincidently it's also a very easy way to make yourself sound childish.

The millennial version of this book is listening to Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp a Butterfly."

Basically the theme of both is that being black in America can kind of suck no matter where you are in life. So the main characters of each try to transcend. That's the whole story.

Firstly, not all those books were written by black people

Second, if you were born black during the segregation era I think you have the right to call yourself victimised

>Do you have to be a naive upper class white american to enjoy this book and ''broaden your mind''?
Is anyone forcing you to read it? Read something else. I happen to think its a great book especially if you admire writers like Kafka, for example. What "points" are you referring to? Do you mean the foregrounding of race as a theme? Reading Invisible Man as merely a "race" novel is a superficial and frankly dumb analysis. I feel like this is what you're doing without coming right out and saying it.

fuck you and fuck your bullshit comparison. one of these is a classic of American literature that's extremely dark and intelligent and beautifully written. The other is a commercialized pop record that does not even begin to approach the same scope, nuance, or command of the English language. Kendrick Lamar is overrated as fuck. Stop riding his dick and comparing him to fucking Ralph Ellison.

You would also have deserved it just like blacks do now. Look what the apes get up to when they aren't chained up.

OP is a dumb piece of shit.

Fuck off back to Charlotteville.

> Fuck off back to Charlotteville.
Kek

I agree with this fellow. The Invisible Man surpasses being just about black suffering or 'the black experience'. It's a great work about being young and naive and going into the world.

The best part of the book was the imagery for me, really memorable.

Basically, yes. The only reason this book is perceived as good or important is because it's the best they could find to fill the vacuum of literary accomplishment by blacks. It's literally only relevant b/c it's been propped up by society to be relevant for the sake of it. No-one of any real discernment or scholarly aptitude finds it good. I had to read it in 10th grade. I didn't.

What does it mean to be victimized? We are all subject to natural law, god didn't pluck the Africans out of Africa and shackle them.

I bought this when I was a teenager thinking it was H. G. Wells' scifi novella. Should I finish reading it.

The race aspect is a vehicle for talking about existential alienation. The teens who browse this board never get past the race aspect because how dare you imply that blacks have at any point in their lives been treated unfairly and if they have they probably deserve it anyway I don't deserved to be dragged through the mud because of my white skin color what's so wrong about being proud of being white in fact if there are such racial problems why don't we just segregate everyone like a schoolchild's lunch tray then we can eat our meat without it having been touched by a single icky pea also I'm not racist and I don't know anyone who is so I don't need to read about racism since I'm totally over it anyway.

No idea how anyone could read this book and come away with it thinking that it supports a victim mentality. The narrator is constantly exploited by other people BECAUSE he has the mentality of an outsider and a victim, which only makes it worse. It's why he withdraws from society at the end, and says that "even an invisible man has a social responsibility." No matter how shit your life is, it's your responsibility to change it, and to be a positive example for other members of your community.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence
Is it so unthinkable this book sucks for the same reasons many "black" books suck?

Same. I read it when I was 14. I actually finished it but I feel like some of the points went over my head

that's not even a coherent response to the post you're quoting