I spent the past half year forcing myself to eat vegetables like a normal human being

I spent the past half year forcing myself to eat vegetables like a normal human being.

I've gotten used to it, they no longer trigger my gag reflex.

But I still feel they ruin the meal, eating tomato on a burger for example turns what was once a meal I looked forward to into a chore.

Will I ever eventually like vegetables? Or am I cursed to merely being able to tolerate them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IJGIMd3_LfY?t=2m
youtube.com/watch?v=UzbRwICWODk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're a manbaby.

I could very well be a pallette-let

I hate tomatoes. I enjoy eating veggies but I can’t stand raw tomatoes. A surprise raw tomato will ruin any meal.

fpbp

I don't mind the lettuce, and the onions if fried are decent.

Tomatoes are my most hated vegi, the one I can barely tolerate.

Nah, he's trying.

If I don’t eat a meal with fresh vegetables at least once a day I die a little inside.

I hated vegetables as a kid too but they do start to become stuff you look for in a meal. To me, veggies taste best raw. You might like them that way too. From there maybe you'll start trying them slightly cooked.

Vegetables I enjoy
-Spinach(cooked)
-peas(cooked)
-Green beans(cooked)
-Carrots(any way)

Also potatoes but that doesn't count.

The rest are on my tolerate list.

A lot have textures that don't agree with me, the ones I like have good textures.

Who /BRUSSELSPROUTS/ here?

If I have the grill going I throw in some cherry tomatoes. Tomatoes on a burger are gross.

Do you ever try a lightly oil/steam broccoli? You can eat with ranch and take it down a notch. Ignore the retarded meme about how broccoli is suppose to be the worst/most disgusting veggie in the world to eat. It not.

Unironically godtier

Given your tastes, I bet $100 you'd like broccolini. It's tasty as fuck

Learn how to make Fried Rice. You can get your veggie daily from making this most versatile dish around.

I eventually grew to like vegetables as I forced myself to eat them. However, the only reason I began to love them was from severe malnutrition.

I don't like them as much now and my aversion to some textures is returning but even so I have come to enjoy them. It will take longer than half a year. Stay strong user.

Its a fruit

I dislike rutaga and turnip for some reason, but I've began to love all other vegetables.

Canned shit is usually shit just FYI. Overcooked vegetables, or eating the same ones for a week, can really ruin them for you.

if you're going to cut the tomato like it is in that pic, of course it's going to ruin the burger. i love tomatoes, but they need to be sliced thin in a burger imo, and possibly cut out the gooey center as well

Does it lack crispness? Besides carrots I don't really like when a vegetable is crisp.

just eat whatever u want and take vitamins

I dislike the stalk, I don't like crisp vegetables.

It's a tolerate but dislike vegi.

I enjoy fried rice, yeah.

It's mostly a texture over taste thing.

The ones I like are mushy mostly.

Fuck raw tomato so much tho, it makes killer sauces but sucks dick on its own.

It's kinda funny because I think next to grilled onions and cheese, tomatos are the best thing you can add to a burger. The only thing I hate on a burger are those shitty, floppy pickles you get at chain restaurants. I love a good fresh pickle tho

You're either to young to post here or to fat to reasonably come to this board.
Either way GTFO.

TOMATOES ARE NOT VEGETABLES THEY ARE FRUITS

They are scientifically classified as fruits, but as a vegetable in the culinary world

You're a fruit

Botanically they are fruits, culinarily they are vegetables.

I was gonna say culinarily but apparently that isn't a word

We can make it a word if we just pretend it's one long enough...

I just feels right

but it is a word

Holy fuck, yes. Sprouts pan fried in butter/olive oil are GOAT.

You've never had a 22-step tomato on your burger. That's the problem.

99% of people who sate they "hate" vegetables are retards who eat them raw or without seasoning. Use a tablespoon of oil or butter, salt, pepper, garlic, paprika etc. when you cook them. Oil helps you absorb the vitamins better, too.

It's also possible you're just autistic.

not according to Veeky Forums

Flawless Victory.

The only autist here is you

None of you know anything about Autism. I used to teach the little fuckers. They are monsters, and I have no idea why nature is selecting for them. Maybe we will need them when the zombies come.

how do I make fried rice

I have a rice cooker
I have rice
now what

one the easiest possible dishes to make

for super basic veg fried rice you will need:
day old rice, chilled in fridge
frozen peas and carrots
egg
green onion
sesame oil
olive oil
soy sauce
rice vinegar
garlic powder
salt
pepper

Heat about a tablespoon olive oil in large pan or wok on high heat. Make sure you have all ingredients ready. Add peas and carrots, cook for 30 seconds. Add egg, cook until just firm. Add rice and the rest of the ingredients. I can't really tell you how much because it's to taste. Don't overdo it with the sesame oil though. Cook until everything is fully incorporated and sizzling. Turn off the heat and add chopped green onions. Serve immediately.

is the oldness and chilledness of the rice important

For the best results, yeah. If you use fresh rice that's still hot your dish will turn to mush. It will still taste good though. You could put in the freezer for a bit I guess

thanks

I'm gonna put pineapple in mine too

I'm sorry that you grew up with baby boomer parents who couldn't cook, and as such the only food you found comfort in was kraft mac and cheese and fast food. Unfortunately, the damage is already done, you will be a palatelet forever. I am impressed that you have made it this far, really, good for you.

And it tastes great!

>vetgetables used to trigger my gag reflex
youtu.be/IJGIMd3_LfY?t=2m
(you) at 2 min

So i totally respect your conscious effort to eat more vegetables. Ive met a couple adults that pick "green things" and onions out of their meal and i want to smack the ever living fuck out of them for being toddlers that are allowed to breed. But you'll learn what you like more appropriately in time. Any good chef will tell you you can "educate your pallet" Learning what certain veggies add to what dishes is always important. I can only eat raw tomatoes under certain circumstances like lots of cheese or if its burried but i wont go out of my way for it. HOWEVER try something as basic as a blt and youll be like FUCK THIS LETTUCE ADDS SO MUCH TO THIS MEAL! Veggies can do as little as add color to as much as change texture. You dont have to love them all dude. :D Just remember. FUCK ZUCCHINI AND CUCUMBER. (semi jk but seriously those veggies do nothing good)

Wow i just realized i mentioned BLT as an example but i always make them without the T but i think you can understand what im saying XD

>forcing myself to eat vegetables
>tomato

Palate

Shut up, Noctis.

you probably have to get better at cooking them, or find the particular way you like them
you will also have to train that manchild palate but that's a common problem

Maybe try cauliflower cut into little florets? And if it is a texture thing, why not try grating or blitzing some vegetables (e.g. cauliflower rice or pureed cauliflower)? You may also like asparagus if it is cut up, mushrooms, grated or canned sliced beets, and courgettes. Alternatively, you could overcook your veg to reach that mushy consistency, or simply turn to homemade blended soups for more vegetables in your diet.

Fuck, I knew I should have googled for Veeky Forums.

Remember it because palate is just plate with an extra letter and pallet is the town of the first Pokemon game where all the towns are colors. Mnemonics are fun. Like remembering it's bestiality because it's the best and not beastiality

whether or not people can spell "bestiality" right is a pretty good way to spot zoophiles.

there are definitely more autists here than just him, lets be fair.

this recipe is really good too, both are pretty similar
youtube.com/watch?v=UzbRwICWODk

be nice. he's trying.

I usually take the tomato out and eat it by itself so it feels like a starter. Then once I have that out of the way I can eat the rest of the burger in peace.

Good Veggies:

- Broccoli
- Lettuce
- Onions
- Carrots
- Asparagus
- Celery
- Green Beans
- Spinach
- Zucchini
- Regular-Ass Peas

Meh Veggies

- Cauliflower
- Bell Peppers

Shit Veggies

- Tomatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Lima Beans
- Snow Peas

Post tits

>good veggies - peas
Eh?

>meh veggies - cauliflower
Nigger, have you never done spicy broiled cauliflower with butter?

>shit veggies
>tomatoes
Are you retarded or just american?