Would you stop into a place like this?

Would you stop into a place like this?

If you want a food borne illness. Sure.

Faggot

Some of the best food I've ever had has been in a place like that, and some of the worst food I've ever had has been in a place like that. It's a coin flip

If someone recommended it or if I was off the next day (in case of possible shits.)

Like said, I've had fantastic food from a couple of places like this. In fact, one place had a busted front door and no AC, but it served me the best burrito I have ever had.
But I've also had food that was obviously microwave fare or tasted like it was cooked in a freshman dorm, hence the need for a recommendation.

>the have a pizza named hell and purgatory
Who thought that was a good idea

>large pizza cost 20

>Paying. $.50 more for a pizza to have it called special

Post-ironic Catholics.

Holy shit thats fat boys. Get the fuck off washington street that area is for niggers

I'd stop at any local diner or restaurant. Even it I risk worms.

yes but after seeing this I would walk out. No fucking way I'm paying those prices for pizza

Pizza in Iowa? I would avoid. I've been through the Midwest several times and learned to avoid the pizza there. It's always a bready, greasy mess. Detroit, St Louis and Chicago are bad enough, but Iowa is the worst. Those fuckers start with the worst pizza possible, then do shit like top it with salad and tortilla chips. And they dunk it in ranch dressing. No thanks.

That sounds fucking delicious

Then Midwest pizza is for you. It is not for me. Not a fan of bready, greasy pizza.

Sure.

I live in the rust belt and everything looks like this.

Iowa style pizza is the opposite of bready. Its thin as fuck.

>Iowa style
Kek.

Not Neapolitan thin.

A lot of places like this have really big large pizzas. I grew up only eating pizzas from local shops that had 20" large pizzas. The first time I ordered a pizza from pizza hut and got a 14" large, I was quite disappointed.

It's thin and tangy dumbass. And cut into strips with are easier to eat, especially with family and friends.

> then do shit like top it with salad and tortilla chips
A lot of places ranging from Minnesota to Virginia do that. It's a common practice to the point where unconventional pizzas are offered by most places. Aside from snobby cities who think tradition is greater than creativity and improvement.

>And they dunk it in ranch dressing.
Despite regular opinion, ranch dressing is a perfectly acceptable dressing. It's only idiots that drown everything in it, the same fuckers who think red corn syrup is a food bath or mustard oil colored with turmeric belongs on every pork or ground beef dish, that give it a bad name. True ranch spread like wildfire because it is a delicious DRESSING, made with garlic and herbs.

>Aside from snobby cities who think tradition is greater than creativity and improvement.
>Despite regular opinion, ranch dressing is a perfectly acceptable dressing.
This is a matter of style. You see this shit only in places where the pizza is made with low moisture mozzarella and a wood oven would be unthinkable. It's junk food pizza. The kind of pizza where pepperoni is the most popular topping, but shit like chicken and "supreme" are options. Variations of it are popular across the country - it's what every chain place makes. It's what every shitty slice joint makes. It's what you can buy frozen in the supermarket. And it's not good pizza. Good pizza is baked in a wood fired oven, topped with fresh mozzarella, comes in a single serving size and it not heavy.

>Good pizza is baked in a wood fired oven, topped with fresh mozzarella, comes in a single serving size and it not heavy.
Not sure if wood fired is much different than coal fired, but there are at least two high end pizza places in St Paul that do exactly what you said. They're bready and bitter from excessive heat cooking overly-thick dough. You might as well throw some generic toppings on a loaf of home-made bread because it's authentic.

There's a place that's a combination of an Italian market and a pizzeria, they use gas stoves at high temperatures and refuse to put more than 3 toppings on a pizza. Shit is actually good and not just burnt bread.

Do you mean Quad City style? Or the shit you pick up from Casey's?

I don't get it, what's supposed to be the problem?

>Not sure if wood fired is much different than coal fired
Traditionally coal fired is first generation American pizza. Similar to Neapolitan, but usually a little larger and the fresh mozzarella is made from cow's milk.
>there are at least two high end pizza places in St Paul
Expensive does not equal high end in the Twin Cities. There's a lot of high priced mediocrity there. And the bottom line is making a pizza in an 800 degree oven requires some skill. 30 seconds over and instead of a little char on the edges the pizza is burnt. Regardless of the prices they charge if the guy making the pizza isn't on point it will end up burnt in that kind of oven.

Just about. Its 1/4 in thick where as neapolitan is .13 in thick according to wiki

That's nearly twice as thick.

what about a place like this

Quad city style I guess. I'm from davenport and ive seen the same style all over iowa

Less than 1/8th of an inch difference you bumbling fool

reminds me of an old southern diner, so yes i would

If you like your crust 1/8" double that will seem like a lot.

I've never seen so many QCers in a thread before. Where do you hide all the time?

If I was looking to get worms.

>be me
>arrive at m'local pizzeria
>waitress brings me the water she always does because im a regular
>cant figure out why she hasnt remembered my large diet coke yet
>ask where today's tomatoes came from
> she sighs and says the same place as always
>she must be equally upset
>tell her it will have to do
>my pizza arrives as I unsheathe my kagome imprint pizza ruler
>I demand they inform the cook that his work is off by an 1/8thof an inch
>she must have thought i made a joke because she left and giggled with the other waitress
>being the classy man I am I pay anyway
>pull out my velcro wallet and pad of post its with pre written objections to the idea of tipping
>leave payment and note on table under water glass
>forget my trench coat on my way out

In other states mostly

Not quite. My local place just closed but the routine was more like this:
>walk into place that seems like a sports bar
>say hi to Bam, who is still selling his homemade beef jerky from behind the bar
>waitress arrives and ask her what red wine they have this month
>if looks good order bottle to split with wife
>order one Margherita, extra basil and a panchetta with mushroom and black garlic
>watch skinny Italian guy in the back make pizzas in the wood fired oven
>demolish pizzas with wife and linger over last glass of wine
>drop $80 once tax and tip are added in
>walk home with wife

I was really sad when that place went under. It wasn't for lack of business - it was always packed. Massive rent hike as real estate values skyrocketed did them in.

if that saloon has liquor I'm going there over the pizza place for sure. otherwise no, not unless it was extremely close and everything else was inconvenient.

good thing deere is shut down.. got a nice comfy week off
>silvisbro

>be me
thanks for clearing that up

>ranch an acceptable dressing
yeah let me put MORE oils and fats to go along with the oils and fats already introduced by the cheese in the pizza.

Fucking idiot.

Sounds terrible but I highly doubt anything could be worse than chicago """pizza"""

how new are you

SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONES SCAAAARED

Silvis eh? Ever been to Frank's?

>saurkraut as a topping
>the store's open hours have a question mark

Even if I'm in the bumfuck middle of Iowa, I'd rather go to McDonald's.

>needing 3 toppings on a Pizza

When I've seen it sold in major cities outside of Iowa it's always called Quad City style. I think Harris may have originated it.

I'm working on a project for you guys, and it has to be done by the end of January. It's a massive pain that everyone's just out for like two fucking weeks.

Fuck harris. West side uncle bills is the best for qc style. The east side one is where they keep all the minorities.

that looks like one of them places where you're sitting there mindin' ya bidness and some dude comes up behind you and caps your ass just because

>tortilla chips on pizza is not only creative but an improvement
>ranch dressing is an acceptable dressing in anything

Please leave a don’t come back

Heck no, I'm not a racist and I voted for Hillary.

kill urself then

Not even to take a picture.

I feel like there's a good chance I'd get shot there

#itwasherturn

Breathing in Iowa? I would avoid. I've been through the Midwest several times and learned to avoid the oxygen there. It's always a dirty, polluted mess. Detroit, St Louis and Chicago are bad enough, but Iowa is the worst. Those fuckers start with the worst oxygen possible, then do shit like top it with smog and carbon dioxyde. And they dunk it in cigarette smoke. No thanks.

Gary Indiana is known to be the worst spot on earth not dirrecty under your mom.

Looks kinda like the pizza place in my town.

The entire staff is gay guys and like one women.

>Would you stop into a place like this?

Hell yes.

100% yes.

I remember when this wasn't even a thing. Probably because there was no Internet. The Harris style of pizza was just what older pizza places had, and we didn't eat it often because my mom didn't like it.

In other news, Happy Joe's, which isn't exactly QC-style but still very much a regional thing that started in east Davenport, was recently bought by the same entity that is the largest franchisee of Buffalo Wild Wings. They're eyeing national expansion and they have one location in Arizona of all places.

Is that gulash?

Tomato soup in a bread bowl.

It's just pizza dude you sound like a fag lmao

Sigh. Oh, Iowa. Sometimes I miss your food, but I don't miss the weather, the Republicans, or the general lack of things to do.

I'll remember the good things from you, and chuck away the rest.

You sound like an ultra fag

>Sometimes I miss your food, but I don't miss the weather, the Republicans, or the general lack of things to do.

Pretty much the sentiment of anyone who has been sentenced by Mammon to live in a red state. I congratulate you on your escape; I'm still in the pit of hell.

Absolutely

t. cletus

Iowa isn't a red state, it's a swing. Anyone who hates politics in Iowa just hates ever being challenged on their views, and wants to live in a bubble.

I've never seen a place like that desu. Must be a yank thing.

I'm probably gonna take a road trip this year and hopefully I will see how you yanks live life.

I would gladly live in a bubble without republicans, you make it sound like a bad thing

What kind of fucking idiot would want to live in a place that only echoes their own view point and dosent challenge their beliefs? How could you grow as a person in an environment like that?

He's just weak. There's very little use in engaging with someone like that.

This is in downtown Davenport Iowa, my home town. The pizza is pretty legit qc style

Falbo's? That's my guess before you fix your fuck up

that's not really downtown. you need to go further south for that.

If you set it up as a false dichotomy like that where there's exactly two viewpoints then yeah I guess it would be pretty stupid

No its not its on washington street less than two blocks from locust get back to bettendorf faggot

without a doubt, reminds me of Ted's Fish Fry in upstate NY

let me guess, raised by a single mother

leftists are the most racist people in the world

not only do they hate white people, they think minorities can't do anything for themselves

troll harder

>needing pizza at all
its not about need its about want

the first step to curing your leftist disease is pulling your head out of your ass

>they have sauerkraut as an option but no anchovies

How many womans does it take to make one women?

>go to all local pizzerias
>not a single one has anchovies, but three have sauerkraut
Fucking hell. I bet dumbasses who have heard the word anchovies try it for the first time and complain, so it gets removed.

looks like the shitty coal country town my grandparents lived in. if you live in a place like that, a chain fast food place and 5-star dining are not an option

Nah, very white bread middle class nuclear family with a mother and father and two kids, try again

>How could you grow as a person in an environment like that

That explains why the "people" in the red state south are all stunted, inbred troglodytes!

He's right though.

not that user but i grew up in a republican bubble. i got out of it, had my beliefs challenged, developed as a person, and now understand that personally would love to live in areas mostly devoid of republicans. so i think it's valid to say you'd like to avoid a political subset once you've tasted both as an adult, at least in the current hyper-divisive political environment. obviously that will change if things get a little calmer.

sure i would, seconding

anywhere with fat or boys in the name is gonna have the best goddamn sandwiches you've ever had

This place was open when this picture was taken