When you wanted chicken with your red beans but it spoiled in the fridge cause you been working too much to cook all...

>when you wanted chicken with your red beans but it spoiled in the fridge cause you been working too much to cook all week and you got to eat motherfucking shrimp

What’s a ‘luxury’ food local to your area that you take completely for granted? Don’t get me wrong, I like shrimp but fuck give me some cut up hotdogs or something

Beef and specifically steak. I live 150 miles away from cattle country and there's several slaughterhouses within 50 miles of me. I'd suck cock for shrimp and mussels that weren't frozen or super overpriced, but I always forget that some people don't get super good Ribeyes for $8 a pound

huh?

i live in a food paradise

literally name it and i can probably get it fairly cheap

tin roof has some pretty good beer. i like yazoo and SPB too. you get those where you live?

southern MS bro detected

you like shrimp but would rather eat cut up hot dogs?

how fucking much do you like cold cut up hot dogs then?

Who said cold nigga

We have freezers here, so the chicken wouldn't have been wasted to begin with.

I could probably get Yazoo if I looked for it but spb and tinroof I can get at any rouses or Winn Dixie if I’m planning on drinking alone during the week. I tend to be a little hand shy of local beer, but Tin Roof has yet to make me feel like an idiot for spending $8 on a six-pack. You got any recommendations?

Man if I froze that chicken I wouldn’t a ate that shit til 2021 I got ham hocks in there I been planning to cook for next week since last year

where doe?

Crayfish/crawdads in my area are free and plentiful. Our streams got invaded by outside species, and you can harvest 100 per day without a permit if you want. I do this occasionally. With a net and a pair of boots and gloves to keep my extremities from freezing, I can scoop up several dozen of them into my crawdad bucket in 30 to 45 minutes depending upon the particular stretch of stream.

>india pale ale
get out of my sight

I literally cannot imagine getting sick of any kind of seafood, except maybe lobster.

Steak is one of those decadent foods that loses its appeal very quickly if you have it all the time.
It's a once-a-month food at most if its a good cut.

I wanna eat one of them chubby lil PNW fuckers in a bad way bro

They're tasty. They usually live in streams with rocky/sandy bottoms, so they don't develop any kind of muddy or swampy flavor. They're like little lobsters with a bit of an eggy aftertaste.

Do people out there eat them? I remember learning that Swedes eat crawfish and I was really surprised, but it also didn’t occur to me that theirs probably don’t eat/live in/taste like delta mud

Iowa-cut pork chops and the world's best corn-on-the-cob. Not the most expensive or luxury food, but it would be on my short list of potential death row meals

They are eaten, though I wouldn't say they have much "cultural presence." People are more concerned with salmon and crab, or even ocean shellfish like clams and mussels than crayfish. As far as I know, there is no commercial farming/industrial production of crayfish going on in the northwest, which means that consumption is almost entirely "wild-caught," which means it mainly comes from people who take a specific interest in them. If you were to buy frozen crayfish from a supermarket here, I bet they would be imported from a shellfish farm outside of the region. Possibly from as far as Vietnam.

It's certainly more of a small-town thing in general, since it's simple for small-towners to stroll over to the local streams and catch a few buggers with minimal effort. I've tried to "convert" people to crayfish collection (we really DO need to clean up the invasive species, or at least hold them in check), but while many like the idea, I don't think any of them have made crayfish collecting a regular habit.

yabby innit

Can you get lobster rolls where you live?

they're called crawfish you degenerate yankee

well you like IPA, so Crowd Control from SPB. it's got a black and green can or label. fire ant is my favorite red ale lately. it's about 8%, so it doesn't take many which is good because it's filling and hardy.