The only scent was that of the clean, fresh sushi bar we were in, but this was a little tougher to get past...

>The only scent was that of the clean, fresh sushi bar we were in, but this was a little tougher to get past, considering that the head was still moving while we were to eat the tail. But the lobster isn’t actually alive – it’s just that the nerve endings are still active. Later, the head is made into a miso soup that releases all the lobster's sweetness and oceanic brine.

>Where cooked lobster is creamy, rich and soft, the raw lobster was light and a bit more toothsome. The snappy bite was welcome. This lobster came from San Diego, and there are only about two lobsters ordered per week. This could be because of the hefty $75 price tag, the fact that the lobster must be preordered or the fact that people don't want to eat something while part of the body is still moving.

today.com/food/adventurous-eater-try-raw-live-lobster-1C9005480

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencing.com/differences-between-crustaceans-insects-8118623.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>throws a fucking insect on your plate
>squishes its guts out, doesn't fully kill it
that will be $600 yen plus tip desu

>600 yen
>6 USD
sold

>But the lobster isn’t actually alive – it’s just that the nerve endings are still active.
Ok first of all, nerve endings don't control motor functions.
Second of all, arthropods don't twitch when they die; they seize up. That shit is 100% still alive.

Lobsters literally are not insects. They mind remind you of an insect but that's only because you're retarded. It's actually less accurate to say a lobster is an insect than it is to say a cow is a dog. Please read a book.

I agree
they fall into that category of animals too stupid to realize they are dead

lol you're so mad that you eat insects

they are you sperg.

crustaceans are not insects.

they literally are

sciencing.com/differences-between-crustaceans-insects-8118623.html

go away.

>sciencing.com

I understand that this triggers you but you need to understand that we're not talking about your nerd science shit. We're talking about THIS SHIT THE SAME DAMN THING

>$75 for a sea bug that hasn't even been cooked
Top jej

Gotta watch out for those poisonous lobsters, man. They keep their poison in the extra legs.

Hey, did you know that whales are humans? Here's proof. The skeletons of their fins are hands.

that's not a whale, it's a skellington you moron

>aquatic bugs
>food

lol

If you click the link, they had chicken sashimi on the menu at the same restaurant as well.

>I won't eat chicken medium rare, and totally raw had never even entered my mind – so I was a little skeeved out by this. But Yakitori Tori Shin's owner and chef assured me that they get their organic chickens daily from a top-secret supplier, and that it is an extremely popular menu item. Most people who order it have eaten it in Japan and miss the taste of home. I figured that if I threw up once out of all the raw stuff I tried, the experiment would still have been a success.

>What has my raw journey taught me? Well, for one thing, there are a bunch of things you can eat raw that I never considered, and most of them are served at Japanese restaurants. If you can appreciate the pure taste of meat without a lot of sauces or spices, then these raw dishes are for you.

Are we really pretending that there aren't some very obvious physical similarities between the two? Fuck off nerd boy, everyone with a brain knows that crustaceans are bugs and no amount of crying from you is gonna change that.

technically lobsters aren't insects, they are arachnids like scorpions

Scorpions aren't delicious and they barelyhave any meat.

Venomous. Not poisonous... scorpions are venomous. Lobsters are do not carry poison or venom, at least not the kind that most people eat.

Where are you going with this? Are you just baiting at this point? I came here to talk about food, not lecture some kid over the differences between poison and venom.

it’s a racist, fear-gripped inbred white hillbilly doesn’t understand exchange rates post

had lobster sashimi in japan recently. the head soup was one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted.

Ill eat bugs on land fuck you its just tiny animals.

>every time theres a lobster this shit begins

>shrimp are just roaches
>lobsters are just scorpions
>eels are just snakes
>dogs are just cats
>people are just retards

Also I've always wanted to try scorpion ever since that terrible Brendon Fraiser movie.

>But the lobster isn’t actually alive – it’s just that the nerve endings are still active
Bullshit I'm betting that the brain is at least still active, that "nerve endings" is fucking gibberish delivered by someone who is not either a biologist or a neurologist or a fisherman, but a fucking cook. If it still moves on my plate you take it back to the fucking kitchen, ask the knife wielder calling himself a cook to do his fucking job, and bring it back.
For all the respect of nature these pagan Japs claim they have they surely seem to refuse a humble and proper death to God's creatures. Of course I am talking about all the webms we see around here not just that particular case