Do you move your lips while reading or is it all in your head

Do you move your lips while reading or is it all in your head

I don't even narrate it to myself within my head, I just look at the words and understand.

How long do you read a day?

2 or 3 hours most days.

this board... what a giant meme

I don't move my lips typically, however I do still subvocalize. It slows my reading pace down considerably but it helps me pick up or wordplay and rhyming quite easily

I obviously subvocalize and I won't stop.

i hum bach to stop myself from saying the words out loud

Hardly anything annoys me more than showing somebody something on my phone or in a book and them reading it aloud.

Subvocalizing makes me read faster.

I read the book aloud and give each character a unique voice.

Doing this drunk.

The lips are in my head. Get them out of my head. I must scream, but the lips aren't on my mouth. Screaming nigh impossible, wayward soul. Are my lips in my head? Yessir. Send emergency aid to my location immediately. Lips... Head. That's all there's to it.

t. autism

Jesus fucking Christ, this one's going in the "worst posts of all time" folder. I honestly felt hope leave my body when I realized just how repulsive every layer of this reply is while I was reading it.

You have created a putrid anti-art that is going to rot in the canals of my memories forever and I want you to be held fucking responsible for it.

This. As I do so, I use my imagination to quasi-animate the scenes I read aloud. It makes the experience far more enthralling for me. And I seemingly retain more.

>I use my imagination to quasi-animate the scenes I read aloud
Does anyone not do this?

I laughed, albeit from a mixture of disbelief and second hand embarrassment.

are you a ventriloquist?

move your lips or you'll look like an angry retard with clenched teeth.

I spell out each word and I follow the lines with my index finger

That's what retarded people do, they teach you to read in your head when you are in preschool

I do it when I'm drunk though, at that point I might also start reading to myself out loud to make sense of the words though

Anyone who says they don't do this is a pretentious liar who's impairing his comprehension and retention rates for no good reason.

I actively try to suppress subvocalization and it hurts me head, I don't like feeling like a brainlet though.