How do I order meat from the supermarket butcher without embarrassing myself?

How do I order meat from the supermarket butcher without embarrassing myself?

What kind of shitty reddit post is this? Get lost faggot.

Just make sure to ask for it "medium rare, no ketchup"

I dunno man you just say what cut of meat you want and how thin you want it cut. If you don't know shit about meats just be upfront and he'll walk you through it, he does it for a living

You have to bribe the jester first, otherwise you will be the laughing stock of the entire supermarket.

Just let him know you don't know how to order so he can guide you, it's his job
God you soyboy's are fucking pussies

>supermarket butcher
>not a small, privately owned butcher/cheese shop

You're already embarrassing yourself

asking for meat is the easy part.
the hard part deciding whether or not to take a number.

>you're the only person not being served so it could insult their intelligence because you're so obviously the next in line
>but if you don't take a number and the next person to arrive does then you have to awkwardly butt in when the next server is free, or take then next number and stand there like a beta cuck because you just lost your place in the (now) queue

fuck.

first you have to establish dominance by staring the butcher down until he looks away. only then tell him what you want

just take the number faglord

>being this obsessed with reddit he thinks everything is reddit

easy
>hey man got any good cheap cuts available?
>oh yeah whats a good dish or simple way to prepare that?
>sure wrap it up for me

butchers take a lot of pride in their work and like to show off bro. if they arent super busy they will totally hook you up.
also
>most butcher shops have numbered baskets
>1 is # of pork, # beef, # chicken
>2 is same thing with different numbers and cuts
but thats only if you got a huge ice box or seperate fridge. or grill a ton.
do me a favor and ask for a tri tip from your butcher next time you go in anons. thank me later.

>Well hullo my good meatsmith, sir! Please place a stone of your finest charcuterie for me in a mutton-pail.

This.
Tri-Tip is what god's kitchen wenches serve in heaven.

>take number
>ask the dude for what you want
>if you need a recommendation for grilling/roasting etc then ask for one
>he gives it to you and you go pay for it

That dude is anything but "feelin good"

I wanna buy chicken leg meat. Do I need to ask for it to be cut in a certain way? I want it sliced like it's sold in the packages

Just ask them if they'll debone some thighs for you. Then ask if they'll cut them in strips. Pretty sure most places will do it as long as they've got time.

then buy it in packages, or do it yourself. don't ask a super market butcher to do this unless you plan on tipping them a few bucks and there's no one else in line that would be incredibly annoying. just buy some boneless skinless chicken thighs and slice em however you want.

Dude that guy survived an airplane crash I bet he was feelin' pretty fucking good just to be alive.

>I wanna buy chicken leg meat.
>leg
Your options are drumsticks or thighs. Maybe skinless option on each.
>Do I need to ask for it to be cut in a certain way?
Leg meat is always precut into either drumsticks or thighs. There's not much you can do with the miniscule amount of meat on a chicken's leg.
>I want it sliced like it's sold in the packages
?? Do you mean chicken deli meat meat for sandwiches? Or breast meat?

t.Australian. Maybe things are different where you are. Mutated Monsanto chickens with seven legs perhaps.