What is the word for ideas competing with other ideas?

What is the word for ideas competing with other ideas?

Competition

ideamachìa

I mean you're not wrong. But I'm looking for a more technical term. Guess I'll have to think of one.

Dissonance

This is pretty fitting. I don't know why that didn't come to mind.

Happens to me all the time, don't worry about it

Why don't you chose ideamachìa?

Dialectic?

Ideamachia? More like I oughtta make ya a knuckle sandwich for being such a fucking dweeb

Fuck you, buddy

>he didn't start with the Greeks

Sorry? What did you say? You farted with the queefs? I can't made out a damn word you're saying, birdbrains

Fuck you, buddy

Life

Life? What did you mean? Knife? It just doesn't make any fucking sense, mongrel

Fuck you, buddy

What doth life?

Don't bite my fucking posts, champ. I am going to fucking stomp you out

This fucknoggined disease is an imposter, folks. Plain and simple.

What the fuck is that, cocksucker, your fucking anal polyp? Glad you're proud but no one wants to see that, tiger.

Back when I was still without arthritis, we would have assraped your gumline with a cinderblock and pissed in the gouged out hole. You're lucky I don't move so good no more

keep em coming anons.

you're all doing great

I can feel a big ideamachìa in you, son

what is an anal polyp

Can't believe no one has used kulturkampf yet.

Are you German?

>culture struggle
wow so deep

My old man caved in brittle kraut skulls for three years of his life because he fucking felt like it because he knew that you bloatnecked, bitchcheeked, dumbfuck cumsuck animals deserved to be blasted off the face of the fucking earth, one by one

Take your faggy fritzspeak and lay your neck on a finely german engineer railroad track, you boche pissrat

you better believe it kid....

you're in one

He didn't capitalize Kulturkampf, so no.

Are you German?

You mean ideomachia. Talk about not staying with the Greeks.

No, got it out of a book on psychoanalysis and culture (Rieff's Sacred Order/Social Order, which is on the battle of ideas. One of his theses is that culture wars precede real wars).

No, I've just taken a year of it.

Memes

>One of his theses is that culture wars precede real wars
The usual issue with philosophy: they say the most fucking obvious things and others come out with shit like "One of his theses..."
REEE

Not so obvious to some. I still hear some liberals and the left complain that social justice and identity politics isn't a real thing beyond tumblr and some university departments.

(It's also painfully obvious you are looking for a fight by shitting up the thread, wouldn't be surprised if you are the other poster above insulting people and you've just changed your syntax to pretend you aren't).

Religion

democracy
debate
argument
memetics

>merica is the best ever

Dialectic

I'm not the other retard above, I just think saying culture wars precede real wars is equivalent to say the absolute obvious. Why the hell should two people kill each other unless they disagree on something? Fuck the scholars, they're so pretentious.

If it's so obvious to non-scholars, then why do the majority of academia push the opposite idea (apart from the author above), and even wage a sort of cultural struggle against populations that don't subscribe to their worldview? Are they not complicit in setting the stage for war as much as the groups they wage against?

that neet puppeteer sure has a point.

discord
Antagonism

I'm sorry, I don't entirely understand their point: do they actually think people kill each other just because they have an impulse towards violence? Like... do they believe in random war?

so you're upset that an academic is writing for an academic audience about beliefs that arent obvious to the audience in question

do you also shake your fist at random store signs typeset in Chinese as you walk through the city?

I enjoy the sudden influx of XRA quotes on Veeky Forums
Truly a masterpiece.

Why don't you give me 1 (ONE) reason why actual war doesn't arise from cultural war, instead of playing fuckaround just because you're Anonymous?

Platonic dialogue

he's pretty much spot on though

What is XRA?

Xavier: Renegade Angel